Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 3: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 25034 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 3: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Collingwood

We'll be either 1 win and 2 losses, or 0 wins and 3 losses. I'll cross out the wrong alternative on Saturday, assuming my temper is up to the task.

Do your worst! :)
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 3: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
I hate losing on a friday night.

Reply #2
only started watching very end of Q1, turned it off ten minutes into the second.

We have no spirit.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #3
We won the second half...

Reply #4
4 goals in the end makes it look better than it is. When you think about the Pies outs (several more than I stated earlier) that could have been 10 or 12 goals.

I didn't expect much this season, and we're tracking bang on unfortunately.

Reply #5
shame the gate had slammed shut :-\
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #6
only started watching very end of Q1, turned it off ten minutes into the second.

We have no spirit.

2nd half was definitely better. Fight is there. Polish is AWOL, lost in space somewhere.

Reply #7
2nd half was definitely better. Fight is there. Polish is AWOL, lost in space somewhere.

i gather they kicked 9 or 10 unanswered goals?

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #8
Last part of the game was junk time , the pace had slowed and 4 goals didnt really do justice to how easy we were outclassed......really ordinary effort IMO because Collingwood like Gold Coast would be in my bottom six teams..

Reply #9
We kicked the first 3 and I am pretty sure that they kicked the next 10.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #10

sounds about right. We won the 2nd half, if that sort of thing interests you.

Reply #11

40 odd minutes without a goal will do that. We looked better in the second half. Maybe next week we will show some fight

Fisher, Cripps, casboult our best with c curnow close behind. Both kreuzer and Kennedy looked like they were playing injured and were rushed back. Shows how bare the cupboard is.

Reply #12
I've tipped us 3 times and well......
I hereby pledge to stop my bad habit ::)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #13
40 odd minutes without a goal will do that. We looked better in the second half. Maybe next week we will show some fight

Fisher, Cripps, casboult our best with c curnow close behind. Both kreuzer and Kennedy looked like they were playing injured and were rushed back. Shows how bare the cupboard is.

Thought Pendlebury did the job on Cripps...they wanted to stop Cripps at the clearances and they did...

Simpson, Fisher and Casboult best IMO...Kruezer tried hard but Grundy was a force for Collingwood.....

Reply #14
We just lack any poise or true confidence which translates into poor skills execution, panic and running around in circles. I can only think that we are just mightily confused as to zoning and roles. It's anybody's guess as to whether we can work through this - the only little ray of light is that we played the game right out - this could easily have turned into a 10+ goal drubbing. Small consolation I know.
Reality always wins in the end.