Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 26769 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #15
Synergy, little wins, green shoots, bean shoots, weeds......

Dead wood, poison ivy, deadly nightshade, dieback, sooty mould......
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #16
Two and a half hours of my life I will never get back. Not in the mood for the post mortem atm, night all.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
Phytopthora....
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #19
#   Score out of 10
1   4
2   3
4   4
5   3
6   5
7   4
8   5
9   5
14   5
18   3
20   4
21   5
23   4
24   3
25   4
28   2
30   4
32   3
35   5
39   6
41   4
46   4
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20
Why did someone think it was necessary to teach jones how to play fullback in the off season? He is totally confused as what to do.
was good last year on instinct . Just another example of us undeveloping players.. The club better not send a fluff piece telling me to look for sprouts. No decent free agent would come to us for we have no prospects of finals or flags for a long long while

Reply #21
I thought O'Brien did well.

Yeah your right. After a shaky start he looked quite comfortable.

Im just frustrated. His name shouldn’t be in that list.

Even Dow showed signs and wasn’t our worst but just think he might need a spell. Our history of throwing our kids to the wolves doesn’t seem to yield the results.

Reply #22
I have said the Jones experiment as a key defender is over. But play him as the loose "seventh" defender (ex forward), no opponent, just loose and full of juice.....
Gotta get excited about something :'( :'( :'( :'(
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #23

Yeah your right. After a shaky start he looked quite comfortable.

Im just frustrated. His name shouldn’t be in that list.

Even Dow showed signs and wasn’t our worst but just think he might need a spell. Our history of throwing our kids to the wolves doesn’t seem to yield the results.

There OK but physically challenged at this stage

Reply #25
I have said the Jones experiment as a key defender is over. But play him as the loose "seventh" defender (ex forward), no opponent, just loose and full of juice.....
Gotta get excited about something :'( :'( :'( :'(

Maybe once Rowe is back he cab play that role?

Reply #27
Can we forfeit The rest of the season?

I can’t watch this crap again.

Depressing. Demoralising. Disgusting.

No green shoots here at all, just despair.

Looking back even more fondly on the Ratten era, yes there were problems but at least there was something. Now I find nothing. Nothing.

Paid up reserved seat member for over a decade. Paying $1500+ for that? No. Sorry, want to be thru and thru and think we have been. My kids have been told there’s no choice in our house, we are Blue. But, this is a fcking farce. Fck the sanctions from all that time ago. screw it all. Why are we so non competitive?! Don’t worry about wins or losses. Wtf has made us so miserably crap for years?

Over it.

Reply #28
After the last two years you expect 10th-11th with 9-10 wins. With our attitude, commitment and couldn't care less attitude you go no-where even if you had a great list on paper. After the last 15 years I'm sick of our club once again barely have a crack, looking like they don't give a phuk, like has happened many times over that period. And they expect supporters to stick.

Reply #29
Maybe once Rowe is back he cab play that role?
Absolutely. He needs to be the 2nd or 3rd defender, not the first one. With the other defenders being so poor, he is being sacrificed. Other teams have done their homework on him.
If we were playing the sort of team defence we were last year, he would be doing much better, but with our present defensive structure and the way the ball is coming down, he is not having much of a chance. He isn't a body player and never has been.
Having either Silvagni or Rowe down there gives us a body player, which we need. Then we need to fix up our defensive structures and get some of our players back into form and fitness. Particularly, we need to get the ball out of the middle, which e simply are not doing.
Live Long and Prosper!