Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 26774 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #30
Can we forfeit The rest of the season?

I can’t watch this crap again.

Depressing. Demoralising. Disgusting.

No green shoots here at all, just despair.

Looking back even more fondly on the Ratten era, yes there were problems but at least there was something. Now I find nothing. Nothing.

Paid up reserved seat member for over a decade. Paying $1500+ for that? No. Sorry, want to be thru and thru and think we have been. My kids have been told there’s no choice in our house, we are Blue. But, this is a fcking farce. Fck the sanctions from all that time ago. screw it all. Why are we so non competitive?! Don’t worry about wins or losses. Wtf has made us so miserably crap for years?

Over it.

On the ASX we would be placed in a trading halt and required to explain our position....

Reply #31
Jones is finished.

He’s a massive confidence player and now he’s confidence is low he’s shot.

Buddy destroyed it in the last round last year.....hasn’t been the same since and won’t be.

Need to find someone else to hold down the key back spot but I don’t think that player is on our list.

Rowe and ASOS are not long term options.  

Reply #32
FINAL SCORE

Ben Brown 5.1 (31)

Carlton 4.6 (30)
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #33
With you Micky, 100%
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #34
Been guilty of criticizing our captain but if there was one player we needed tonight it was him. Wet, windy conditions on a smallish ground favours players who tend to be in the right spot at the right time which is Murph. We can’t take a trick at the moment.

There’ll be the inevitable pleas for patience from supporters pointing out the amount of youth and inexperience, but since when has a young list en masse gone on to greatness? History has shown that it tends to demoralize a club unless the new blood is in the minority and is drip fed into a team with a core of established champions.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #35
FINAL SCORE

Ben Brown 5.1 (31)

Carlton 4.6 (30)

That's happened twice today. Martin 6.0.36 Brisbane 2.5.17. At least we were close...lol.

Reply #36

Yeah your right. After a shaky start he looked quite comfortable.

Im just frustrated. His name shouldn’t be in that list.

Even Dow showed signs and wasn’t our worst but just think he might need a spell. Our history of throwing our kids to the wolves doesn’t seem to yield the results.
Well, we are certainly not throwing Harry McKay to the wolves...so he should be a champ when he gets his chance in 2or3 years time after he has “learnt his craft”....pfft

Reply #37
Something ain’t right with the playing group. Bolton could be in trouble.

Reply #38
Well, we are certainly not throwing Harry McKay to the wolves...so he should be a champ when he gets his chance in 2or3 years time after he has “learnt his craft”....pfft

Anything with 2x arms x legs and a pulse would be better than Graham, Mullet etc......

Reply #39
Agree. Put him In. We had NO. ONE. NO ONE contesting in Our F50. I’m free, I’ll give it a go. I’ll play for nothing too!

Reply #40
Doesn't matter what sort of defence you have, who is in there a Rance or a SOS, what level of confidence they have, when even a relatively slow side like Norp can have treacle players like Cunnington running out of defence through the corridor under minimal pressure. They didn't even need Hartung's pace tonight because our forwards do not chase often enough, and when they do we rave on about it like it's a match highlight when it should be a mundane part of our normal forward setup, like always!

Posters keep telling me how good certain blokes are, when in reality they are the real problem, and the kids are being led up the garden path by guys who want to pick and chose their contests.

Luckily for us we were playing a lightweight uncontested ball style team with similar size and body strength! :o

Finally, busted ar5e Daisy Thomas, overpriced spud, wreck on legs, moving like a mechanical cockroach, BoG for Carlton though!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
Well I've had a feed now. That feels better. I sat in front of that game so stunned I missed dinner. An interesting experience at least  ::)

Once again I extend my sympathy to our bluebaggers who attended the game.  Sadly, this is becoming a repeat post :'(
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #42
Seriously, where does a win come from this year??? It’s not unreasonable to think we won’t win a game this year....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #43
Last year we had some kind of defensive structure that worked.  I realise that important parts of the machine like Doc are missing, but why haven't we reverted to what the team was at least doing proficiently?  Right now we aren't winning in the midfield (herculean efforts from K and Cripps aren't enough), our defensive structures are non-existent and the much vaunted, new attacking mindset has been a deadest disaster.  Time to stop the bleeding and shelve whatever this new game-plan is because it's simply not working - we're scoring even less and giving up a flood of goals.  The blokes are playing confused, they look lost and afraid to commit to simple instinctive actions - which they invariably mess up.

I realise that confidence is a big thing but our blokes look confused and totally lost.  I think the coaches and MC have to start picking more balanced sides and simplify things very rapidly.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #44
That's happened twice today. Martin 6.0.36 Brisbane 2.5.17. At least we were close...lol.

How about this. Josh Kennedy kicks 5 against GC on return from injury.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.