Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 22: Post Game Intelligent Discussion: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 13763 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 22: Post Game Intelligent Discussion: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

All ready for the big game. Car'n the Blues!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 22: Post Game Intelligent Discussion: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #1
Another week, another pathetic loss.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
We lost the clearances 19-44 including the centre clearances 3-15

Reply #3
We had a good dip early in the game and had chances to win but a disappointing fade-out in the end. TDK did a few nice things.

When is the end of the season???  ::)
I've just about had enough this year - well if I'm honest that happened weeks ago. Just glad I didn't go along.

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Fairly low standard by all concerned. The Doggies wouldn't be rapt with much of what they did, and the same applies for us.

Oh well. One game left, and then I can cut the dosage of my meds in half, at least for 6 months.

There is a real stiffness and lack of suppleness with our switch from zone to man on man. Bartel on Access All Areas  stated that whether you call them zones, clusters, webs etc., they're all fine to begin with, but once another team / player starts dominating, it's time to switch and be accountable. I'm not sure whether coaches or players are at fault, but there's plenty of learning and work to be done in the off season. Game sense and fitness must improve dramatically.

Reply #5
Another week, another pathetic loss.

MBB, who do you reckon were the chief offenders re losing?
(For me, Murphy & Lang)

Who do you reckon kept us in the game, even looking like we could win, and will be our hope for the 2019 and beyond?
(For me, Charlie, H, Bunsen, Crippa, Dow, O'Brien)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6
MBB, who do you reckon were the chief offenders re losing?
(For me, Murphy & Lang)

Who do you reckon kept us in the game, even looking like we could win, and will be our hope for the 2019 and beyond?
(For me, Charlie, H, Bunsen, Crippa, Dow, O'Brien)

Murph had a shocker and I hardly noticed Lang after qtr time.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7

Game won right there IMO. Put us well behind i50 count. You're relying on the breeze and lady luck thereafter  ;)

Some good signs there though. A couple of poor umpiring decisions q4 helped Dogs momentum, making the hill too big to climb.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #8
That was a game that showed how bad our coaching is. After 3 years our system of moving the ball going forward is the worst I've seen anywhere. Our players have ability for sure but are being let down by that. Other sides go forward with a structure that can often open other sides up, we have no idea. That cost a quite a decent win. Instead another loss to an ordinary side. One of the most frustrating defeats I've come across. Loved the competitiveness but we want more than that after 3 years.

Bet a decent coach could sort alot of that in a preseason. They love the ability at their disposal.

Reply #9
Party on at SOSs tonight... we, officially, cannot avoid finishing bottom. He slipped the players a valium Gatorade at 3/4 time this week.  :D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
That was a very winnable game. We were the better team for much of the match. The system that is the AFL draft meant it wasn't in our club's best interest to win. We can go all out next week now having secured the optimum trading-drafting position as well as adding weight to our Priority Pick argument. It's not how any of us really want it but it is the reality.

Reply #11
That was a very winnable game. We were the better team for much of the match. The system that is the AFL draft meant it wasn't in our club's best interest to win. We can go all out next week now having secured the optimum trading-drafting position as well as adding weight to our Priority Pick argument. It's not how any of us really want it but it is the reality.

Agree...Bulldogs are woeful, our problem was our lack of method getting it forward where we had the talent in front of goals to win the game but just broke down
bringing the ball in and players like Charlie, Harry were left in the cold waiting...Harry showed a bit today IMO as did the flying dutchman TDK..
The other problem we had was the usual one where the opposition better players just roamed around on their own...JJ and Hunter burned us all day but we seemed powerless to stop them.
Lucky the Bont was injured and less effective even though he 37 possies, Cripps was his usual busy self but Murphy, SPS and Dow did SFA for most for most of the day.....
Lucky also that Marchbank, Daisy and Simpson were good down back and the Dogs were as inept as us down delivering the ball.....Weitering had a shocker error wise and looked like he was on valium he was that slow and out to it...zero awareness at times...

Reply #12
After 3 years our system of moving the ball going forward is the worst I've seen anywhere.

Within those 3 years we have had the biggest turn over of players know to man, a shocking run with injuries that has meant that ‘fillers’ have had  to be more permanent and structurally we have had no continuity all year.  More composure in the middle (l.e a couple of decent ballusers to help Cripps), more understanding between McKay and Curnow and throw in De Koning (they have played 1 game together!!) and some solidification in the back line will hopefully make a power of difference. 

Reply #13
Hopefully

But 8 times this season we've scored 7 goals or less. (sorry make it 9 times....I didn't count today ::) )
Since the 22 round fixture came into being we have never failed to score 200 goals in a season...we're about to achieve that dubious feat

Reply #14
Indeed. That was where we lost the game. We were flogged at the clearances.
Live Long and Prosper!