Skip to main content
Topic: Opposition Analysis (Read 2082 times) previous topic - next topic

Opposition Analysis

Reading about Liam Ryan struggling to complete the Wet Toast Pre-Season offers an interesting insight into one of our opposition for 2019.

I would have thought Liam was one of 2018's most exciting prospects, and as a more mature body you'd expect him to go up a level in 2019, but maybe not given they pulled the pin early on his pre-season camp!

So you can expect his opponents will be running him all over the park in 2019!

So I thought I'd start this thread as a useful reference for the strengths and weakness of opponents in general, as opposed to round specific commentary. If you see anything of interest, clues to an opponents strength or possible foibles in their footy make up, please post it here.
The Force Awakens!

Re: Opposition Analysis

Reply #1
Reading about Liam Ryan struggling to complete the Wet Toast Pre-Season offers an interesting insight into one of our opposition for 2019.

I would have thought Liam was one of 2018's most exciting prospects, and as a more mature body you'd expect him to go up a level in 2019, but maybe not given they pulled the pin early on his pre-season camp!

So you can expect his opponents will be running him all over the park in 2019!

So I thought I'd start this thread as a useful reference for the strengths and weakness of opponents in general, as opposed to round specific commentary. If you see anything of interest, clues to an opponents strength or possible foibles in their footy make up, please post it here.

It seems that it was the conditions/location rather than his fitness.  It also seems that Wet Toast is a lot better at monitoring player wellbeing than the Crows  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
It seems that it was the conditions/location rather than his fitness.  It also seems that Wet Toast is a lot better at monitoring player wellbeing than the Crows  :)

Hard to know isn't it, it is all a grey area, welfare versus quitting!

Is it too easy to blame stress for not doing your job, how do you differentiate poor productivity due to stress from poor productivity due to laziness, and is stress an excuse for some of the lazy?

If you can definitively answer that you could well be wealthy beyond belief!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
On other news, Mitch Wallis.

Unwanted one minute leadership group the next!

If this was the old days, so much ammunition for the politically incorrect.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Hard to know isn't it, it is all a grey area, welfare versus quitting!

Is it too easy to blame stress for not doing your job, how do you differentiate poor productivity due to stress from poor productivity due to laziness, and is stress an excuse for some of the lazy?

If you can definitively answer that you could well be wealthy beyond belief!

Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m destined to be wealthy  ;)

However, I do think that the Wet Toast coaching staff were all over this and took Ryan home when it became apparent that he was struggling to stay at the camp.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
Ryans problems are off the field rather than on it, he has always had a negative approach to training and its been the issue why he hasnt been drafted by other clubs previously...

Reply #6
Might have played in a premiership but can't see him lasting 50 games,  not disciplined enough to survive in a professional environment.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?