Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 436405 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #6675
Seems like the booster vaccines are very effective:    Older Victorians the hardest hit by latest COVID-19 wave, The Age.The article notes that Delta had caused more illness in younger people while Omicron appears to be of most concern to older people.
Yes, very interesting how the story evolves as more data arrives, pretty much end of story for the naysayers, but then most reasonable people already knew that was most likely the case!

I suspect this is telling us what most experts already knew and have been stating, long term immunity against Coronavirus is highly unlikely and the Flu / Sars annual combi vaccine is most likely. Get enough people vaccinated early in a preventative manner, well before the pandemic starts, and it won't get a strong hold!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6676
Back on 7 January I posted that my wife and I had had our booster shots on 20 December and became ill with a non-covid virus on 28 December.

It has taken until today for us to be well enough to leave home.  The symptoms were similar to having the flu with a permanent head cold and cough but without a temperature.  Our doctor has said we will never know what virus caused the problem.

Unfortunately, it seems we have more to contend with than just covid.

Reply #6677
Good to hear both of you are getting over whatever it was Macca. Not a great time to catch a mystery illness given the fears you'd naturally have about Covid.

Reply #6678
Thanks, Mav.

Reply #6679
As an aside... I was startled to read The Age on-line headline a moment ago, 'Schools Prepare For RAT Rush...' That's all the kids need, plague of rodents...  :-[
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6680
As an aside... I was startled to read The Age on-line headline a moment ago, 'Schools Prepare For RAT Rush...' That's all the kids need, plague of rodents...  :-[

There's a good rodent exterminator from a place called Hammelin I understand.  Provides some good musical entertainment whilst he works too!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6681
There's a good rodent exterminator from a place called Hammelin I understand.  Provides some good musical entertainment whilst he works too!
I think I know him, is that Danny Kaye? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6682
I think I know him, is that Danny Kaye? :o

Danny Kaye, there's a blast from the past alright.

Reply #6683
"The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle. The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true..." comedy classic. Danny was one of my fave actors as a kid. Behind the scenes, another sad comic besieged by depression. But so incredibly talented.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6684
Apparently Boris Johnson has declared stay at home orders over, and is encouraging regular BAU activities.  Mask wearing not being enforced as well. 

Ireland also easing their restrictions (they were more severe than the UK).  My brother is spewing as he finally landed a role where he could work from home in London, and now he is dissapointed, that they are implementing a return to work strategy that sees him attend 5 in every 10 business days.

I just told him to be grateful that he has a job.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6685
What's a RAT?   Where do you get them from? What mythical thing is this?     I've got rodents in my back shed but there ain't any RATs around here.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #6686
"The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle. The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true..." comedy classic. Danny was one of my fave actors as a kid. Behind the scenes, another sad comic besieged by depression. But so incredibly talented.

He was a big fave of my dear departed mother. She loved his movies,  especially Walter Mitty.

Reply #6687
Apparently Boris Johnson has declared stay at home orders over, and is encouraging regular BAU activities.  Mask wearing not being enforced as well. 

Ireland also easing their restrictions (they were more severe than the UK).  My brother is spewing as he finally landed a role where he could work from home in London, and now he is dissapointed, that they are implementing a return to work strategy that sees him attend 5 in every 10 business days.

I just told him to be grateful that he has a job.
I realise the people in the decision chain probably do know more about what is going on than most of us, but I've heard more than one European based Epidemiologist declare in the last couple of weeks that in their view this pandemic still seems closer to the beginning than the end. Maybe they are just pessimists, but maybe not! :o

We all want it to be over, but I suspect a lot of the decisions are now more political and economic than health based, and that seems to be a driving factor in the great resignation overseas. People are not silly, they can see when somebody is putting dollars ahead of health, even though the bulk of people might not say anything!

I find it bizarre that many protestors claim those of us who get vaccinated and obey the restrictions are mindless sheep who can't see the wool being pulled over our eyes by the deep state. Yet most of us see the irony, having been exposed to a new way of working, having been prepared to change and adapt perhaps a new softer way of living on the planet, yet it's the protestors that object to this change and want us to return to the old ways, the way things were! Back to the daily commute, back to the million monkeys bashing away at a million typewriters, out of the home office or garden studio and back to the corporate sweatshop overlooked by the man. It seems the protestors are more aligned with The Boris and The Establishment than they would care to admit, and less aligned to the rest of us, truly ironic!

What was that someone wrote about people who dost protest too much?

Finally, what of the push back from regions, the great resignation brings a great migration. On a regular basis I'm already reading stories of semi-rural conflict. "They" move out of the city to the regions, but "they" want the convenience lifestyle so they bring development, if it is a wider trend it seems to be missing the point! Many who have for a long time lived and worked in the outer semi-rural regions can no longer afford to buy a property in their own town, demand skyrockets prices along with it!

@Thryleon I can see the need for change, but I'm not sure I have the will power or bravery to act on it like you have done!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6688
LP, re the push back from regions.  A very good example of this was in a two page spread in The Age outlining the conflict between the owner of Jayco and long-term residents of Nagambie.

It was reported that he wants to spend a considerable amount of money on development in the area which will result in a doubling of the population.

This has upset many current residents because they fear their way of life is under threat from "progress".

Reply #6689
LP, re the push back from regions.  A very good example of this was in a two page spread in The Age outlining the conflict between the owner of Jayco and long-term residents of Nagambie.

It was reported that he wants to spend a considerable amount of money on development in the area which will result in a doubling of the population.

This has upset many current residents because they fear their way of life is under threat from "progress".
@Macca37 Actually, I haven't read that article but by coincidence I know some people from Melbourne that have a holiday farmlet up near Jamieson, they specifically bought there as a weekender so it wouldn't be overrun as you described, and now there is an influx of newbies who are loading up with proposals to turn local watering holes and cafés into fine dining, the locals are not happy! The fine dining stuff is OK for occasional victors, but residents and regular weekenders do not want to be paying $35 for a Fish-n-Chip main course, they just want a regular pub with regular family meals!

I could tell you another story, but if I post it I'd probably get banned or labelled a bigot, let's just say identifying as a DINK up there doesn't make you many friends. I think a safe rule when travelling is always fit in with the locals, when you get wherever you are going don't try to make it like home! :o
The Force Awakens!