Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 436521 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #6735
A few more hop on for a ride aboard the Marrakesh Express

Reply #6736
Just crank up the YouTube.

Reply #6737
Got a problem with Crazy Horse DJC?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #6739
As each day passes it's looking more and more like the COVID disinformation thing is really just a smokescreen, a trigger to vent some backlash against social media over royalty disparities, based on what Rogan earns rightly so!

I don't get why younger artists are yet to jump on board, maybe they are scared to losing the followers, but perhaps they are more beholding to the social media royalties than the older artists who tasted success under different conditions.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6740
Older folk have the vinyl ;)

True, but then there were share houses, house parties and folk who never returned borrowed LPs (that’s long players rather the the Spotted One).

I started cleaning my vinyl collection as a lockdown activity.  Gave it up after 15 or so 🙄
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6741
True, but then there were share houses, house parties and folk who never returned borrowed LPs (that’s long players rather the the Spotted One).

I started cleaning my vinyl collection as a lockdown activity.  Gave it up after 15 or so 🙄
Do you remember those special cleaning heads you could buy, looked like a micro toothbrush? Sat on a swingarm opposite the needle.

Some people used a magic duster, looked like a whiteboard eraser.

FMD, they still sell them!
https://www.discrepancy-records.com.au/anti-static-goat-hair-vinyl-lp-record-cleaning-arm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI85yNoZ7m9QIVEZNmAh2DZg-HEAQYASABEgJW0fD_BwE
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6742
Do you remember those special cleaning heads you could buy, looked like a micro toothbrush? Sat on a swingarm opposite the needle.

Some people used a magic duster, looked like a whiteboard eraser.

FMD, they still sell them!
https://www.discrepancy-records.com.au/anti-static-goat-hair-vinyl-lp-record-cleaning-arm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI85yNoZ7m9QIVEZNmAh2DZg-HEAQYASABEgJW0fD_BwE

Vinyl started outselling cds a couple years ago for the first time since cds were a thing.
It's becoming big business with 'new' bands releasing their albums on vinyl to cash in on the trend.

Reply #6743
RSD sales in the States prove that !!

Reply #6744
Vinyl started outselling cds a couple years ago for the first time since cds were a thing.
It's becoming big business with 'new' bands releasing their albums on vinyl to cash in on the trend.

I have a friend who is a very successful younger musician and her last album was vinyl.  I chucked my old stereo years ago and had to buy a new turntable to play the album she gave me.  Of course, I'm now playing the vinyl albums I refused to throw out.  I did ditch my singles collection - apart from the Aunty Jack coloured record  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6745
I have a friend who is a very successful younger musician and her last album was vinyl.  I chucked my old stereo years ago and had to buy a new turntable to play the album she gave me.  Of course, I'm now playing the vinyl albums I refused to throw out.  I did ditch my singles collection - apart from the Aunty Jack coloured record  :)

Similar here... I did ditch my old (high quality :'( ) Turntable and amp and speakers... but I did hang on to all my albums and singles  ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6746
Similar here... I did ditch my old (high quality :'( ) Turntable and amp and speakers... but I did hang on to all my albums and singles  ;D
I think I've told this story before, but my missus had a garage sale and gave away / sold all my mothballed HiFi kit while I was on an OS business trip. Rotel, Harmon Kardon, Peterson, TEAC, Audio Technica, etc., etc.. One bloke saw the value in the whole lot and got a bargain, I think if I sit still for too long it'll be my fate as well! I actually know who bought it, it's setup in a south facing sunroom / studio / retreat and used quite a lot as a complete system, so at least it's not been resold and I'm not that fussed.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6747

Im not sure if its the fact that people don't buy media anymore.

Vynil isn't rising its cds falling as Spotify and apple music take over.  Who wants to house a collection anymore?  A couple of years back, a friend of mine gave me all his DVDs.  With the invention of Netflix and co he doesn't need them anymore. 

It is what it is.  Vynil is still the djs plaything. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6748

I have so many hand signed gems (bands / individuals) they're worth a lot.  Collectors fraternities are common.  Just gotta know how valuable they are and how to protect them.  The foot slog over decades was worth every inch.

Most millenials will never understand the "warmth" of vinyl sound against a CD.

Reply #6749
Many milennials wouldn't have listened to a CD either! :P