Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 436910 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #6975
I have been commuting too and from the city by public transport each and every business day since Feb 22, and have yet to spend significant time with a known positive case. 
That is probably good luck more than good design.

How is the CBD, back to normal?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6976
^^  It has been very busy.  Despite them saying that PT uptake has only returned to 70% I have crammed onto at least one service where I could smell the peoples armpits next to me.

The city is a mixed bag.  Busy some days.  Quiet others.  I dont venture too far from my city block though, and am in the Law precinct of the city. 

There has been at least one instance where I have failed to get a seat all the way from Greensborough on the Train on the way in.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6977
I heard a disturbing figure yesterday, I'm not sure if it is true, but it highlights the vulnerability of the ill and elderly under the ignorance of the Federal authorities.

In the 2 years of lockdown under various state lead restrictions around the country a total of 2000 Australians perished from COVID.

In the 6 Months after the Feds forced the country to open the flood gates another 5000 have perished from COVID.

That's a hell of a price to pay just so some screaming numbats can freely wander down the street without a mask for a coffee and some baklava! But I suppose they don't care about the vulnerable who can't help themselves and need the communities protection, the numbats only have eyes on their own prize me thinks!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6978
I heard a disturbing figure yesterday, I'm not sure if it is true, but it highlights the vulnerability of the ill and elderly under the ignorance of the Federal authorities.

In the 2 years of lockdown under various state lead restrictions around the country a total of 2000 Australians perished from COVID.

In the 6 Months after the Feds forced the country to open the flood gates another 5000 have perished from COVID.

That's a hell of a price to pay just so some screaming numbats can freely wander down the street without a mask for a coffee and some baklava! But I suppose they don't care about the vulnerable who can't help themselves and need the communities protection, the numbats only have eyes on their own prize me thinks!

I heard Dr Karl discussing this figure on jjj last week
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #6979

Honest question, why choose baklava and not a slab of VB?

Paul Hewson

Reply #6981

Baklava wins hands down any day of the week Thry!

It would be more of a contest if it was a slab of IPA  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6982
The strongest dissenting demographic and those mobilising the minorities are not the VB drinking trade demographic, in fact most tradies and truckies I talk to are fully supportive of the vaccinations and restrictions as are most of the general public. The more insidious group are the inner city dwellers / influencers who brunch daily, surviving on smashed avo and patisseries in between smashing a Pete Evan's magic potion and going to a spin class! They are there behind the scenes stoking the fires, but you won't find them on the front line, you'll find them nudging opinion with a precisely timed Instagram or Tik Tok post.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6983
He couldn’t find a greek flag…

I was thinking this way he could line up anyone from the middle east who claims to make the best Baklava.

Meanwhile, during the pandemic we saw illegal gatherings in the Jewish community, the Indian community, the Islamic community, and yet here we are utilising inner city pastry diners smashed avocado eaters which is an aged demographic not an ethnic minority.  I think someone's bigotry is on show, and they hit a place that is universally disrespected.

When anyone likes to think about this, it might be worth remembering, that it was a Greek aged care facility that was hit hardest by the pandemic in the first year, thanks largely to the incompetence of those in charge of running hotel quarantine.

Paul Hewson

Reply #6984
Thankfully, I've got a bloody good memory.  Not a pathetic "I don't recall" to save his sorry arse

Reply #6985
You can substitute baklava with any other inner city popular patisserie or other baked good you like, croissant, muffin, the message won't change, but at least pick one they actually purchase! ;)

And I always thought baklava was Turkish/ Ottoman, but I happy to be corrected if the Greeks claim to have invented it.

For the remainder of the paranoia on display, I can't be much assistance!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6986
I'm guessing you've never been cross-examined capcom. O/wise you'd know that the biggest mistake you can make as a witness is to present a reconstructed memory as an actual memory. Justice Vasta of the Supreme Court of Queensland was sacked after the Court found that he'd given evidence in a proceeding with more certainty than his recollection should have allowed. You can either remember something or you can't. You might think that you'd remember everything if you had been in charge but I wonder if the early stages of the pandemic response would have allowed that. I'm guessing the usual procedures of minute-taking gave way to a whirlwind of decisions being made on the fly. Of course, Dan's political opponents would have been keen for him to be charged with perjury over his testimony and would have hoped Jennifer Coates would have gone to town on him. They also would no doubt have been trying to sic IBAC onto him as well as trying to encourage the DOJ and friendly police to take up the cudgels. Crickets on that score.  

Reply #6987
Just a few weeks back the Fed Bureaucrats handed out Australia Day gongs to the likes of Palaszczuk's crew for how well they "managed" COVID, now it comes out that what they were really good at, better than others, is cooking the books to make things look better than they actually were! :o Qld had 2.5x the number of infection cases that it actually claimed it had, and actually had a higher rate than NSW or Vic, which points to the effects of environment that impacts the disease.

Further, NSW, "The Gold Standard" as I recall someone labelling it, was only 2% better off than Vic despite the claims of how badly things were being managed south of the border! Geographically, using the Qld experience as a basis, NSW should have been far far better off and it wasn't!

How do they know all this to be true, the government approved studies into blood samples collected during the pandemic, which meant they can go back and match records against the figures!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6988
NSW did all the heavy lifting with returned travellers.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #6989
NSW did all the heavy lifting with returned travellers.
Yes, they lifted them onto a bus, train or plane and shipped them interstate!

The proven winner here is WA, lockdown 10x tougher than Vic, NSW or Qld, and only 1/10th the number of cases, it pretty much confirms lockdowns win in the short term!
The Force Awakens!