Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 433234 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #7005
Veggie garden is a real passion of this little black duck. Always get my seeds from Eden Seeds Qld... heirloom. Cos lettuce is the only lettuce we grow... Iceberg has all the nutrition of a mouth full of air and water! Grow Rocket, two varieties, Kale and Coriander. Then carrots, beetroot, radish, basil, cauliflower and broccoli. Yum. In summer... pumpkin and no less than 15 different varieties of tomatoes... make our own tomato sauce and pasta sauce. Yum.
Nice, I'm envious....Agree on Cos vs Iceberg, can't get into Kale though and don't get the hype around it, yep nothing like the home made Sugo on your Pasta.

Reply #7006
I had my fourth vaccination a couple of weeks ago. That makes 2 X AstraZeneca, 1 X Moderna and 1 X Pfizer.  Apart from feeling a bit seedy after my first AZ, I’ve had no side effects.

My only complaint is that my mobile phone coverage hasn’t improved 🤔
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7007
I had my fourth vaccination a couple of weeks ago. That makes 2 X AstraZeneca, 1 X Moderna and 1 X Pfizer.  Apart from feeling a bit seedy after my first AZ, I’ve had no side effects.

The current vaccines are still all made OS, so you'll only receive foreign 5G transmissions, no use to any of us here in Oz!

Scomo wasn't switched onto having the chips changed to local transmission bands!  >:(
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7008
Nice, I'm envious....Agree on Cos vs Iceberg, can't get into Kale though and don't get the hype around it, yep nothing like the home made Sugo on your Pasta.

:))  :)) agree, re Kale. I cheat... olive oil, dash of balsamic and generous grating of authentic aged remano parmagiano... yum.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7009

:))  :)) likewise... symptoms and phone coverage ( ;D ) though the urge to bay at the moon is new...  :-[

Reply #7010
:))  :)) agree, re Kale. I cheat... olive oil, dash of balsamic and generous grating of authentic aged remano parmagiano... yum.

I happened to catch Maggie Beer cooking kale on a TV program.  The most important step in the process of cooking kale is removing the petiole (thick white 'stem') and only using the blade (leafy part).  From memory, she blanched the leaves, then fried in EVOO with garlic.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7011
My favourite pasta dishes my wife makes is with cavolo nero or broccoli rabe.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #7012
........................., broccoli rabe.
I make a sort of mushroom, spinach and tomato salsa that can also use rabe or broccolini as an alternative to spinach, apparently spinach can disagree with some people if they eat too much and rabe is a good alternative. The good thing about using rabe versus spinach is that you can cook rabe longer and it will not break down, so it can be prepared earlier and left on low to keep warm, unlike spinach which is really cook and serve or it disintegrates.

In a little good quality butter sauté some garlic and chunky mushroom pieces on high heat, once they are caramelising add some whole cherry tomatoes to char, keep it all moving, when the mushrooms are reduced and tomatoes charred turn down the heat and stir through some rabe or spinach to steam on low with a lid on for a just a couple of minutes, put the whole lot of a thick slice of toast maybe with a drizzle of olive oil, and top with a poached egg!

I have used the same sauté to stir through and bulk up a pasta, again rabe works great because you can get it ready early and toss it through the pasta when the pasta is just perfectly ready to serve.

For people who do not like garlic but maybe like a bit of bite, swap the garlic out for a little dried chilli flakes or even some finely chopped fresh chilli. I find if I use just a little bit of dried chilli flakes(< 1/4 tsp) early in the sauté I don't have to and won't use as much salt, but I do find cracked pepper added late with the steamed greens also goes very well.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7013
I happened to catch Maggie Beer cooking kale on a TV program.  The most important step in the process of cooking kale is removing the petiole (thick white 'stem') and only using the blade (leafy part).  From memory, she blanched the leaves, then fried in EVOO with garlic.

I eat all my veggies raw, hence the 'toppings' but I do only eat the leaves. But Mrs Baggers prefers her kale cooked... so I'll use that recipe (I do the cooking at home, Mrs Baggers could burn water) and let her know it comes from Uncle David ;D  ;D

Reply #7014
My favourite pasta dishes my wife makes is with cavolo nero or broccoli rabe.
Yummm
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7015
All that delicious food talk yesterday, and with Mrs Baggers away for the week cleaning up a work issue, guess who cooked up a feast for himself last night?

Reply #7016
All that delicious food talk yesterday, and with Mrs Baggers away for the week cleaning up a work issue, guess who cooked up a feast for himself last night?

Make sure you've got enough for the whole class Baggers.

Reply #7017
It is almost cold enough (and I have the time), to make Coq au vin.

This recipe is similar to what I make:
https://www.recipetineats.com/coq-au-vin/

I think a bottle of this may work well for the base:
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/groceries/liquor/wine/wine-detail/ps/p/humo-blanco-chilean-organic-cabernet-sauvignon-750/

I picked up a tray of drumsticks from the market for $10.00 a few weeks back. I will hopefully use them all. I will probably make a sweet potato mash, with side greens.

Reply #7018
Governments are now pretty piss-weak at taking action in the COVID fight, it is paralysis by minority rule!

The irony is that many of the same people protesting COVID restrictions are highly likely to be the first in the line for COVID class actions and compensation, you know that is going to be true!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7019
Governments are now pretty piss-weak at taking action in the COVID fight, it is paralysis by minority rule!

The irony is that many of the same people protesting COVID restrictions are highly likely to be the first in the line for COVID class actions and compensation, you know that is going to be true!
People know the rules now.

The responsible ones, will be responsible.

The 'trouble-makers' will go about there lives risking themselves and those around them.
Darwins survival of the fittest in practice.