Skip to main content
Topic: General Discussions (Read 111480 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: General Discussions

Reply #780
FMD, reading about Nick Cave's family, what is it about these artistic types that seems to flow into tragedy as life / art?

Very sad indeed!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #781
Some horror stories coming out of friends who have returned to international travel, not sure it makes much sense to get on board this stuff so early. At least two friends have arrived at their destinations, Denpasar and Suva minus their luggage. The claim is the passenger bags are getting offloaded to secure slots for urgent freight that would otherwise normally be travelling via DHL or Fedex, but the China situation is causing chaos right across SE Asia, and it's only just getting started. I've had my own baggage travel on a different flight more than once, but on all except one occasion it actually arrived before I did, the time it didn't it turned up the next day. But I suspect things are very different at the moment!

An associate from Shanghai said it looked like you could basically walk to Japan from the mainland by hopping from ship to ship, ships anchored as far as you can see over the horizon.

The Force Awakens!

Reply #782
https://au.yahoo.com/news/putin-very-ill-blood-cancer-070511940.html

Vlad on the ropes with his health just as Finland and possibly Sweden want to join NATO.
Sanna Marin the Finnish nightclubbing female President wants into NATO as soon as possible which might push Vlad to something extreme, be interesting if the Russian Oligarchs decide enough is enough and end Vlads reign sooner than later..

Reply #783
Pukin at the thought :)

Reply #784
Coles giving 10 days gender affirmation leave now...same company were happy to sack unvaccinated staff but find it's ok to give leave for sexual lifestyle alterations/treatments.
I must be getting old, confused and out of touch with modern society and what's important...

Reply #785
Coles giving 10 days gender affirmation leave now...same company were happy to sack unvaccinated staff but find it's ok to give leave for sexual lifestyle alterations/treatments.
I must be getting old, confused and out of touch with modern society and what's important...

optics

Reply #786

I dont get it either EB1.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #788
Now you see it , in ten days time now you dont...?
The good publicity this brings them, and the recruiting boom it will give them by comparison to woolies, will pay for those 10 days many times over.

Reply #789
The good publicity this brings them, and the recruiting boom it will give them by comparison to woolies, will pay for those 10 days many times over.
Point taken on the PR to members of the community who embrace those lifestyle choices and I agree employees requiring that type of support will be keen on Coles as an employer. I wonder what it will do for other Coles employees though who may have other issues and cant access that type of special leave?
Have no doubt Woolies and Metcash who own stores of IGA brand will follow Coles lead.....

Reply #790
Point taken on the PR to members of the community who embrace those lifestyle choices and I agree employees requiring that type of support will be keen on Coles as an employer. I wonder what it will do for other Coles employees though who may have other issues and cant access that type of special leave?
Have no doubt Woolies and Metcash who own stores of IGA brand will follow Coles lead.....
Announcing the leave is one thing. Taking it is another. How many people will actually qualify for it? How many of them will actually know about it 1 year from now when the whole thing is old news. Chances are its only for full time workers. Full time workers probably make (at most) 50% of their workforce.....and a lot of them are people who have been there for a decade or more and don't really fit the criteria.

Its like announcing special days for full time albino workers. Sure, its good optics and is progressive, but how many people does it actually apply too?

Will the others follow? Probably, but the damage is done. Coles have got all the headlines and did all the groundwork. They reap the good publicity.

Reply #791
Reports of several assassination attempts on Putin in the paper with reports the weak prick is running scared surrounding himself with elite snipers. Hey Vlad, a couple of tips. The saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer doesn't apply here. Sleep with one eye open sunshine, its coming.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #792
Reports of several assassination attempts on Putin in the paper with reports the weak prick is running scared surrounding himself with elite snipers. Hey Vlad, a couple of tips. The saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer doesn't apply here. Sleep with one eye open sunshine, its coming.
I think his days are numbered due to health issues, his Oligarch mates who are losing their toy boats and lots of rubels are his main threat IMO to pay for someone brave enough to take him out. He has decent protection with the Rosgvardiya which are Putins SS led by his crazy loyal mate Zolotov so you would need to knock him off too imo. The Military are laced with counter intelligence officers so you are taking a big risk planning anything against him as failure would mean your family being wiped off the map similar to how Kim Jong operates vs his enemies.
Maybe his army of doctors who he has following him around with a few rubels heading their way can slip him something a bit stronger. Of course the worry is with him that if you fail he might decide to push the button and take us all with him if he feels he has no support at all even at home...

Reply #793
I don't get why people / parents feel the need to remain stoic in the light of events like today's shooting in Texas, they should feel free to weep openly and hopefully drown the NRA in the tears of mothers who have lost their children!

This stoicism needs to be be banished, replaced with tears and then fury against those mask oppression in a veneer of freedom as does the NRA!

The right to walk safely down the street is a freedom.
The right to be safe going to school or work is a freedom.
The right to own a weapon is not, and the right to kill people with that weapon is not!
The Force Awakens!