2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: Sam Walsh Mark of the Year

Reply #2
But no ‘Goal of the Year’ for Cripps?
These awards are getting weirder every year.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #3
Well done Sam and well deserved. 🍻
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Was a very good mark. Very courageous.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #6
I reckon that "mark of the year" wouldn't have featured in Sam's list of possible awards and I think that helps to make it such a remarkable achievement.

It was an incredibly courageous act from a young man who isn't built for busting packs, and it was perfectly judged.  A well-deserved award; well done Sam!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
  That mark marked was a turning point for Sam's season. There was talk around then of Walsh being overtaken by Smith and Rozee. The doubters shutup after that game and I was half thinking at the time that it may have been in the back of  Walsh's mind when he went for the mark.

Reply #8
  That mark marked was a turning point for Sam's season. There was talk around then of Walsh being overtaken by Smith and Rozee. The doubters shutup after that game and I was half thinking at the time that it may have been in the back of  Walsh's mind when he went for the mark.

Amongst all the hype for the other young ones doing well, it's easy to forget Walsh because he has been so good from his very first game.   Has now played 39 out of a possible 39, and I think his Brownlow nights will only get better from this point onwards....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #9
Congratulations Sam. What a memorable show of your Super skills and steely mind.
Interesting to hear Sam acknowledge his growth following focused training with one our most courageous. Simmo 👏 Going back with the flight of the ball is trademark "selfless Simmo". Great legacy to leave your team mates.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #10
And right on cue, Kane Cornes on FC reckons Walsh's mark was not a worthy winner. Gee, what a surprise.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #11
And right on cue, Kane Cornes on FC reckons Walsh's mark was not a worthy winner. Gee, what a surprise.
Not a glamorous mark but made up for that with the courage required.
Cornes hates Carlton and pushes Rozees barrow at every opportunity, continued tonight by saying Rozee will be better than Walsh long term, had to admit though Walsh had the better year.

Reply #12

He's childish and petty.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13
Not a glamorous mark but made up for that with the courage required.
Cornes hates Carlton and pushes Rozees barrow at every opportunity, continued tonight by saying Rozee will be better than Walsh long term, had to admit though Walsh had the better year.
He was fairly tongue in cheek and was asked at the end who had the better year and he admitted Walsh. That would have hurt.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #14
Cornes is just a Carlton Hater. I thought Sam's mark was the best this year though I thought the Bobby Hill mark was pretty good as well. If Hill had received the Mark of the Year I don't think it would have been as bad as the Jeremy Howe decision last year or Andrew Walker in 2011. It is a bit like the Goal of the year. I thought the Newnes goal was the best for the year but I thought the Daicos one was a pretty fair effort.