Skip to main content
Topic: Pandemic Management bill. Health and well-being Act 2021. (Read 15317 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pandemic Management bill. Health and well-being Act 2021.

Reply #32
They have a party every day at the anti-lockdown protests. What more do they want?

Reply #34
Most 13 year olds would be overjoyed about avoiding restaurant visits with the olds. Give them a PS5 in their bedroom and you're not going to see them until they start going out to pubs.

Reply #35
Most 13 year olds would be overjoyed about avoiding restaurant visits with the olds. Give them a PS5 in their bedroom and you're not going to see them until they start going out to pubs.

They can't go into retail shops
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #36
Yes, they avoid being dragged around retail shops by their olds. Even better.

Reply #37
Not for 13 year olds.

Why?  My 12 year old grandson is double-vaxxed.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #38
Yep, I think MBB is thinking that life would be tough for a teenager whose parents are anti-vaxxers given the parents need to consent and anti-vaxxer parents will never consent. But wait, there's hope:

Providing consent for children
Anyone who gets vaccinated must provide appropriate consent. Consent can be provided verbally.

People aged 12 - 17 may provide their own consent, if deemed to be a mature minor by a senior and experienced immuniser. That means that the health professional assesses that you understand the information relevant to the decision to be vaccinated and the effect of that decision.
A child’s parent or guardian can attend the vaccine appointment with them.

So FU anti-vaxxer parents. But if the kid's an anti-vaxxer, then s/he is about to learn a life lesson. Fortunately, Uncle Mick is there to teach it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUqSNbJuGOw

Reply #39
Dan was going to have the vote for the bill on the 18th. However with a feeling he wouldn’t have the numbers, he has organised a delay to the vote. He had a vote to allow a reschedule to this key vote. At the next parliamentary get together. I haven’t read when this will be. A week, two weeks, in a month etc. He needs to get a cross bench member or two to take his side. Matthew Guy has asked if this new watered down version can be revisited with all the MP’s in the upper house to produce a bill that has the input of all the MP’s, and Dan has stated it isn’t up for debate or discussion. The bill is finalised and ready to be voted in as a legal legislation is what Dan states. Now we wait to hear more. Samantha Ratnam, Andy Meddick and Fiona Patten all back the bill as cross bench members. Adem Somyurek threw the curve ball into this situation. Let the kids have their arguments on the school footy oval. Sorry children, I shouldn’t say that. Politicians behave worse than kids in parliament discussions. Far worse. My bad and an amendment with an attachment.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/government-losing-numbers-game-on-pandemic-laws-guy-offers-to-negotiate-20211118-p599y8.html
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #40
I'm not sure after a pandemic in which many people lost their jobs, business or support, that complaining about people getting a rise in the context of complaining about not getting a rise is a functional argument.

You think that just keeping yourself in work was a win!

You guys have never cared about them.

Go work in a vaccination clinic though and its bonus cash for those staff as they're considered a specialty.

The rest of us plebs who have been overworked for the last 2 years whilst the let them eat cake mob have gone to work from home and haven't shown their faces at the place couldn't care less. 

We got a 50 dollar gift voucher and new branding to celebrate the 21st anniversary of the health service but you guys can snicker on the forum and belittle all of us with real issues.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #41
Dan was going to have the vote for the bill on the 18th. However with a feeling he wouldn’t have the numbers, he has organised a delay to the vote. He had a vote to allow a reschedule to this key vote. At the next parliamentary get together. I haven’t read when this will be. A week, two weeks, in a month etc. He needs to get a cross bench member or two to take his side. Matthew Guy has asked if this new watered down version can be revisited with all the MP’s in the upper house to produce a bill that has the input of all the MP’s, and Dan has stated it isn’t up for debate or discussion. The bill is finalised and ready to be voted in as a legal legislation is what Dan states. Now we wait to hear more. Samantha Ratnam, Andy Meddick and Fiona Patten all back the bill as cross bench members. Adem Somyurek threw the curve ball into this situation. Let the kids have their arguments on the school footy oval. Sorry children, I shouldn’t say that. Politicians behave worse than kids in parliament discussions. Far worse. My bad and an amendment with an attachment.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/government-losing-numbers-game-on-pandemic-laws-guy-offers-to-negotiate-20211118-p599y8.html

One of the scumbags opposing the Bill assaulted Andy Meddick's daughter and she ended up getting stitches in a headwound.  This occurred after counter-terrorism police charged a Victorian man who encouraged anti-lockdown protesters to bring firearms to State Parliament.  That's awfully like Aurangzeb's attack on democracy in the USA  :(

And here's an interesting opinion from the Sydney Morning Herald:

A great irony is that the proposed [Victorian] laws would be a significant improvement on those in NSW, and a marked improvement on those currently operating in Victoria. Indeed, the debate in Victoria should represent a great opportunity to witness democracy in action. It was a chance to reconsider laws that had not been used on this scale until the COVID pandemic struck. And yet, facing defeat in the Parliament, the Labor government has postponed debate on a bill that would make the law better, not worse, and increase the accountability of ministers rather than deliver them absolute power.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #42
DJC. Is this the same assault on Keilan Meddick? The transgender daughter of Andy Meddick? One who went out with spray cans to spray over anti-vax posters. Had a young man approach her/him and got into an argument. Which quickly turned into anger and Ms Meddick threw the can at the young man, and Ms Meddick walked away in anger. The young man followed and threw the can back at him/her and struck Ms Meddick in the head. Cutting an opening that was treated with stitches. I now read fears for the life of the Meddick family. A target by terrorists of the anti-vax community. Violence is wrong in any shape or form. Don’t put yourself out there to be in harms way. Some of the gallows shots make me think a protest could be seen as something we don’t want to see. Keep it civil and act like humans with respect to all. It always has one bad egg that ruins it for others. Violence is always wrong. Don’t provoke potential trouble. Don’t think angry words will make people see your point of view in a conflict situation. We all went to a nightclub or pub at one stage. We had the common provoking comments of what are you looking at?, or do you have a problem? Signs to walk away. Not throwing anything at the person. Just saying sorry I need to leave. Not allowing a view that an aggressive action is acceptable ever. Last comment. Ms/Mr Meddick Jnr, please let your dad fight his own issues. I would guess he might not be a target. Only a guess. Don’t pick fights if the consequences are what you don’t want to endure.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #43
You guys have never cared about them.We got a 50 dollar gift voucher and new branding to celebrate the 21st anniversary of the health service but you guys can snicker on the forum and belittle all of us with real issues.
You are so far off the mark with your criticism you should be embarrassed, you have made assumptions about what people here do for a living, how they have worked during the pandemic and what they sacrificed, and made an ar5se of yourself!I

Further you have completely ignored the empathy I have shown for emergency services and have written as much in the CV thread,

I'm not the one who complained about the fatness of my pandemic wallet! I'm just grateful me and my colleagues worked together to get our critical industry through it, all of us taking pay cuts, and you expect me to deliver you sympathy for not getting your annual rise!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
You are so far off the mark with your criticism you should be embarrassed, you have made assumptions about what people here do for a living, how they have worked during the pandemic and what they sacrificed, and made an ar5se of yourself!I

Further you have completely ignored the empathy I have shown for emergency services and have written as much in the CV thread,

I'm not the one who complained about the fatness of my pandemic wallet! I'm just grateful me and my colleagues worked together to get our critical industry through it, all of us taking pay cuts, and you expect me to deliver you sympathy for not getting your annual rise!

Thats what you think, and its two annual rises now.

The first one they stated was a pandemic once in a lifetime blah blah blah.

The second one has been 0 explanation.

I'll remind you, I've been dressed like a human condom.  Walking into the covid areas.  Putting myself in those places.  The emergency service I provide is to the emergency services.  When you visit an emergency department 3 times a week during a pandemic, give up your Easter long weekend because the same service you work at suffers a cyber incident that takes the health care network down, you keep being asked to roll the sleeves up and work longer hours than you are paid for, the least you can expect is to have your twice annual CPI pay increase  honoured as the proverbial stops hitting the fan.

The other industries are about to get all their cash back with interest from people like me, who did their best to support as many local business during said pandemic the whole time, but your response lacked even a modicum of empathy and was very high horse so if you don't like it, next time keep it to yourself.

Oh, and if your curious im on an administrative award pay rate.  Most ward clerks get paid more than me, and im an IT professional.

HS2.  Im sure you can google what that pays.  Then consider the fact that my wife's hours were reduced because she works for a private health service and they actually stood some of their staff down last year.

Meanwhile the government paid everyone their pandemic support payments including my mother in law who got paid more than her regular wage to go on half hours and stay home.

Good for some.

Not all of those in the front lines it seems. 

Now am I bleeding about it?  No, but you got the response you deserved last time and you should wear a lot of egg for this one too. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson