Skip to main content
Topic: Pandemic Management bill. Health and well-being Act 2021. (Read 16201 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pandemic Management bill. Health and well-being Act 2021.

Reply #60
I was planning to drive to Adelaide. Everyone needs a test within 72 hours of arriving in SA. If you have kids under 12 you need another test within 24 hrs of getting there because they're unvaccinated.

Rapid tests don't count and my eldest is still passed at me after his last covid test because I told him they will just tickle the inside of his nose. (That's what I was told). The nurse put it right up just like they do for adults. Then she acted offended because he screamed at her lol.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #61
The divided states of Australia, then you have Victoria which is divided itself.

Get rid of the States.
Useless entities.

Reply #62
I can't help but feel that a lot of the participation in protests here and abroad is the result of being sold a furphy.

Too many politicians, bureaucrats and media types were selling people get vaccinated and get back to normal, but the new normal was never going to be like the old normal, at least not in the short term. Blind Freddy could see that!

It seems like a lot of overkill though.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #63
I was planning to drive to Adelaide. Everyone needs a test within 72 hours of arriving in SA. If you have kids under 12 you need another test within 24 hrs of getting there because they're unvaccinated.

Rapid tests don't count and my eldest is still passed at me after his last covid test because I told him they will just tickle the inside of his nose. (That's what I was told). The nurse put it right up just like they do for adults. Then she acted offended because he screamed at her lol.

Folk I know who have had tests recently (including Mrs DJC, my daughter, son in law and grandsons aged 12, 9 and 6) reckon it was far less intrusive than the tests earlier in the piece.  Just a little tickle inside a nostril.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #64
I saw this one coming straight after the Pandemic bill appeared and hit the air. Pauline Hanson with a vaccine discrimination bill. Banning discrimination from people who don’t get vaccinated. It didn’t do well in a Senate vote. Especially as it was a dig at the leader of the federal government that it was a target for. Jacqui Lambie had her say on the matter in not so many nice words.

Why is there a problem with vaccinated and unvaccinated people being in the same place at the same time? Doesn’t being vaccinated give you extra protection to prevent people needing to be in ICU if they get infected? Isn’t it there for maximum available protection? Why would an unvaccinated person be any more serious threat to me than a fully vaccinated person? Does this virus pick and chose a particular victim? I took the TB vaccine back in secondary school. I was told this respiratory illness was a serious danger. We had a test injection under our forearm a week before the vaccination was ready to be administered. A certain reaction under the skin was an indicator whether you were prone to suffer with the disease.

However it was your parents choice to let you take the vaccination or not. I did. The overall numbers vaccinated were not 80%. 50% at best. Most due to religious beliefs. Religion beliefs were big back then. Whether it be Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Orthodox or other. I never remembered that unvaccinated children couldn’t mix with those that were vaccinated. Jab helped protect you. No jab didn’t. Your acceptance of a risk. Reason being that even a vaccinated person can carry a virus, bacterial infection, or other illnesses and be a carrier that shows little symptoms.

If this vaccine process works the way the government and medical professionals tell us it does, we should be safe in the community. Covid safe. They have shown us all the advertising on the TV that shows unvaccinated people on the brink of death. We don’t want that. No way, so we got jabbed. To have a way to work and support our restricted lifestyle for almost 2 years. Not seeing friends and family for a long time. We did it all and mental health hasn’t gone the way people would have hoped. Now I need to avoid unvaccinated people for what exact reason? We can spread the virus both ways. Germs travel the wrong way in a one way street. Not selective in a process of infecting people. That is what the government has told me. Many times over and over again. So why should I fear unvaccinated people? Why are they not allowed to do things vaccinated people can? Was it ever a choice or was it a way to keep huge pharmaceutical companies pumping up profits. Slipping backhanded kickbacks to the government in return as a thank you for your blackmailing efforts.

Australia was Australia. Soon to be Victoria, NSW, ACT, S.A, W.A, NT, Tasmania, QLD, and exactly what happened to a country once called Jugoslavia. Yugoslavia was a poor country with many hard striving athletes that had only one ticket in life to get them out of poverty. Due to war problems in the first and second world wars different government members of each so called states created divisions in the country. These divisions created a need to split a small country further. Setting up people against their own people. Eventually they country set up Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Bosnia Hercegovina, all being new countries now. It doesn’t work. They look at each other as enemies. I know many people that should be considered enemies but have boundaries only a few kilometres apart. Is that where we are heading?

We can’t find a common ground for the states to unite. We are dividing our opinions between close friends. We are dividing our opinions between family members. I am a person that can see this surely on or two if not more can see this happening in their life. I agree with a comment by Lods. Sorry to throw you under the bus buddy. States divide. Maybe we don’t need them. Maybe the federal government needs to find a way to unify the best country in the world. Otherwise let the country self dividing with state government playing every state against each other. On top of the jabbed against unjabbed. Maybe seperate people with different political views. Then seperate people on religious beliefs. Then the whole male, female, transgender, LBGXYZ I don’t know all the characters required so my apologies. When do we love our neighbor no matter what?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #65
The billions wasted on the trash inhabiting state parliaments makes me sick.

Reply #66
Green Stick - love your post.

Ah, we humans are a complex creature. We seem to be still 'terrified' of those who are difference, too often demonized for being so.

'Real' leadership understands vision, courage, inclusivity, empathy and, as you (Green Stick) said, the ability to find common ground. We seem to have witnessed in our nation two extremes from our Federal and State leaders. SloMo/LNP with minimal/nebulous leadership and the states (perhaps well meaning) with a relentless autocracy.

Oh, and the breathtaking irony (hypocrisy?) from Pauline, the discrimination Queen, effectively pushing for an anti vaccine discrimination Bill. Just as well we Aussies are a resilient bunch.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #67
Mantis , let me explain my objection to being in the same place at the same time as an unvaccinated person. 

My belief is that anyone still unvaccinated, for whatever reason, is very unlikely to get the jab any time soon.  Experience here and overseas has shown that when unvaccinated people catch Covid they either deny its existence or wait until they are quite ill before seeking medical assistance.  In the time they are infectious they present a clear danger to people in my age group.

My wife and I are in the senior citizen category and were double vaxxed in July.  In addition, my wife is a chronic asthmatic.  Our GP will give us a booster shot next January, but in the meantime our immunity to Covid is going down at a faster rate than for people in younger age groups. 

If restrictions are removed and unvaccinated people are allowed to wander around  in the community at will, then the elderly will be forced to self isolate in many instances to protect themselves.

As far as I am concerned I hope that Andrews keeps the restrictions on for as long as possible.  People who bludge on the vaccinated to keep Covid at bay should not be rewarded for their actions.

Reply #68
The divided states of Australia, then you have Victoria which is divided itself.

Im not a fan of any of what we are doing.  There seems to be a lot of common sense missing.  I have attended hospitals for almost every day of the pandemic and haven't gotten near a precautionary test, unless I was symptomatic and went to the drive through or said as much on my way in the door which prompted a visit to the clinic for testing.

Had I just lied, and told them I was fine, they would have taken my word for it, and been none the wiser.

Now, healthy and not symptomatic, I can't travel intersate without a negative test?  But I can attend a hospital for every day of the pandemic until I was fully vaccinated without precautionary testing, and being solely reactionary?

Its bonkers.

Makes no sense.

Its only a tickle in the nostril.  Why am I taking it though?  I can continue going into work with no test, why do I need one to travel?

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #69
Oh, and the breathtaking irony (hypocrisy?) from Pauline, the discrimination Queen, effectively pushing for an anti vaccine discrimination Bill. Just as well we Aussies are a resilient bunch.

@Baggers .... agree.  Reckon it's gone way pasty petty and now into some really nasty exchanges between people who can't possibly represent the opinions of their electorates.  Take that to read "on whose behalf are you speaking?"

Spoke to a nurse not more than an hour ago (Double dosed) who is dead against mandated  vaccinations.  I chose to not pry and ask her for the rationale.

Reply #70
Cap - one of my facebook friends who is a Kiwi, but living in Qld has a view that is very different to mine regarding general health matters, let alone vaccines.  She and her cronies will post every person that has a side effect, re-post about the 450k that protested in Melbourne (yep - 450k - not a possible number) and they are lauding Pauline at the moment re her discrimination bill.

They also vote.  It is really scary how little they know of how Australia legally works - Constitutionally, Government (why doesn't the PM just have the power to change this) down to how people are elected.

Reply #71
I know a couple of people in the medical fraternity who are dead against mandatory vaccination and sceptical of being vaccinated at all. I am fully vaccinated and I struggle to understand them, as it sounds like they are acting from a deep conviction rather than from any actual evidence evaluation or risk assessment.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #72
@Baggers .... agree.  Reckon it's gone way pasty petty and now into some really nasty exchanges between people who can't possibly represent the opinions of their electorates.  Take that to read "on whose behalf are you speaking?" 
I suppose the electorates are divided, but perhaps not as divided as the minority wish you to believe!

I was quite surprised to see Scomo head-kicking some of his lackies who had been poking around the protests looking for an ear. Because isn't it really how he got into power in the first place, behaving the very way he now has developed a disdain for!

So the question is, how do you deal with politicians and public servants who play minority politics, when will they start representing the majority?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73
I know a couple of people in the medical fraternity who are dead against mandatory vaccination and sceptical of being vaccinated at all. I am fully vaccinated and I struggle to understand them, as it sounds like they are acting from a deep conviction rather than from any actual evidence evaluation or risk assessment.
If we start from the presumption that all health workers wish to "Do no harm", I can understand some are reticent. But is that concern misplaced, can the vaccine ever really do any more harm than Sars-CoV-2?

Is there also a perception of potential liability? I know a few who are very sceptical regarding to Scomo's moves to ensure health workers are protected from predatory lawyers, there are always loopholes and exceptions.

There are also worries that compulsory vaccination creates a more dangerous workplace, it is not hard to see why this would be the case, but is this also misplaced / misunderstood risk?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #74
One of the scumbags opposing the Bill assaulted Andy Meddick's daughter and she ended up getting stitches in a headwound. 

Four days later and Andy Meddick has still not apologised for making up stories about the reason his daughter was attacked in the street.

But it doesn’t really matter because the Animal Justice Party MP has already done the damage – to unfairly smear those who oppose the pandemic Bill as violent thugs.

As we all know, Meddick claimed on Friday that after his daughter, Kielan, was taken to hospital with a gash on her head.

He had “reason to believe that this could be linked to my role as an MP and the positions I have taken on the pandemic response”.

Just one problem. Police believe she was graffitiing over a poster on Smith St in Fitzroy – hardly a hotbed of right-wing thought – when a man started an argument with her about it.

She threw her spray can at the man, police said, and he threw it back – hitting her head.

There is no doubt that no one should have a spray can hurled at the back of his or her head.

Nor should that person throw it at someone else in the first place.

But for the victim’s father to frame the attack in a political light before all the facts were known is unfortunate at best and misrepresentation for political gain at worst.

The Meddicks hoodwinked everyone from the Prime Minister down.

“This is not just an attack on an innocent person but an attack on our very democracy,” Scott Morrison wrote.

Opposition leader Matthew Guy said to “target an MP’s family in this way is sickening”.

By the time Meddick went on ABC radio on Friday afternoon to quietly walk back his earlier statement – without an apology for jumping the gun – the damage was done.

There has been a concerted effort from proponents of the pandemic Bill to cast all opponents and all the hundreds of thousands of people who have protested as violent extremists.

They do this by highlighting a handful of dopes and fringe-dwellers, such as those whole rolled our nooses and gallows, and attaching their moronic actions to the rest of the crowd.

Politicians, including Meddick, have also received personal threats – and they must be condemned in the strongest terms.

But to attach that behaviour to the broader group of normal Victorians who are concerned about giving the premier dictatorial power is a devious way to silence their arguments.

A supposedly political attack on Meddick’s daughter was the transition from threats to physical violence – and thus great fuel to the fire for proponents of the Bill.

How many people would recognise Meddick in the street, let alone his daughter?

He should have been more worried that his daughter recovering than he was about the supposed motivation of the attack.

She shouldn’t have been assaulted and his father shouldn’t have been putting out media releases saying he was the reason behind it.

He, regrettably, made this a political issue.

But if this isn’t about politics, that apology should be forthcoming.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!