Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2022 - R2 vs Brisbane @Maroochydore NO LONGER - Now vs Geelong @GMHBA (Read 2176 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2022 - R2 vs Brisbane @Maroochydore NO LONGER - Now vs Geelong @GMHBA

Reply #15
Only picked up the game from the half way mark of the 3rd but sheesh, too many skill errors. Want to be careful or this simple game plan of the Pussy Cats (long game) might just undo plenty of good work. Fingers crossed they gals clean up their skills in the last - handballs hit targets and marks are held. Like the tackling.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
Great handball smother on the wing... if only GG could have converted. Enjoying the game.

Reply #17
Well done, O'dea. Goal Blues... should be enough.

Reply #18
Maddy took the game by the scruff of the neck in that final qtr. Wish I'd seen more of the game but it looks like our forward line needs work... came out too quickly and opportunities not capitalised on.

But a win is a win is a win... bravo Blues. Plenty of improvement needed, especially midfield forward line connect.

Reply #19
Maddy took the game by the scruff of the neck in that final qtr. Wish I'd seen more of the game but it looks like our forward line needs work... came out too quickly and opportunities not capitalised on.

But a win is a win is a win... bravo Blues. Plenty of improvement needed, especially midfield forward line connect.
Indeed. A win is a win is a win. But things do not bode well.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #20
5 girls (basically 1/4 of the side) in the middle for the song (their first win) should show you that we are not at full strength.

Losing Brooke Walker before the game hurt.

Add that to Grace Egan, and yet to return Mimi Hill. Throw in the MIA Wilson (and IMO similarly MIA Schaap) and you have an improvement across 1/4 of the team just like that.

So, we need to take these wins, then hope we get a few of our players back against some of the better teams.

Reply #21

Yes, but you can see the moments when it works we looked a class above the Cats.

Gee is having her best start to a season so far, Prespakis is gold, when Moody has the confidence to tap to a team target we look far far better than those long punches.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
Yes, but you can see the moments when it works we looked a class above the Cats.

Gee is having her best start to a season so far, Prespakis is gold, when Moody has the confidence to tap to a team target we look far far better than those long punches.

Glad you mentioned Moody. Loved her work... that chase down tackle was a beaut.

As I've openly stated previously, GG is my personal fave. Ripper footballer with a heart as big as Texas.

You're spot (pun?) on, Spotted One re when we got our mojo going we really looked impressive. Particularly our defense and midfield... forward line needs work to capitalize better on opportunities.

Reply #23
Re Gee...
She has probably been my favourite player for a while now. She was the first player my son could recognise (Male or female). I describe her to people who dont know the womens game as female Eddie. Love watching her play.

That being said, she has the scope to do so much more. She can turn a game in 5 minutes or go missing for 20.
We need to utilise her skill set more. Get her in space and let her use her foot skills, they are elite. Her acceleration and agility are also big strengths.
She hates people pointing out how small she is, but its hard to ignore on some of the tackles she made when opponents just stood up and basically ignored the fact they were being tackled. Great tenacity, but needs to be outside not inside for maximum impact.

Reply #24
You're spot (pun?) on, Spotted One re when we got our mojo going we really looked impressive. Particularly our defense and midfield... forward line needs work to capitalize better on opportunities.
The new girl Good is a terrific overhead mark, reasonable 2nd ruck, but otherwise has few AFLW level skills.

The F50 is a work in progress, even though the bulk of them are foundation players those 2 or 3 newbies really change the dynamic, it's going to take some time, I hope Harf keeps plenty of protection around Gee, Jones, etc., etc., because they are going to be targeted by opposition. I thought Darcy pretty much sacrificed her game last night for the benefit of the others.

Amazing how powerful Prespakis is relative to the other girls, when teams are kept to fair tactics by the umpiring she is almost unstoppable.
The Force Awakens!