Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 8298 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 7 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #15
Freudian slip Crash?

Fun fact....

CARLTON RESERVES               4.3     9.8     15.8     17.12 (114)
NORTH MELBOURNE VFL        4.0     5.1     7.2       9.5 (59)

CARLTON                5.2     8.5     15.8     17.12 (114)
NORTH MELBOURNE         2.3     7.3     9.4       10.4 (64)

2x 50(+) point wins against North in the same day with the same exact scoreline from us.

Good day for the bluebaggers.

NO. With our injuries, we are far from the best we can be, much closer to where our VFL team could be if we had a full list to chose from. No 1 ruck out and a heap of others, and yet the defence stands up, and we win the clearances by a huge margin.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #16
Oh I almost forgot North Melbourne's best player was eleni glouftsis.   I counted 4 score involvements that were just inexplicable.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #17
Oh I almost forgot North Melbourne's best player was eleni glouftsis.   I counted 4 score involvements that were just inexplicable.
She had a terrible game. She didn't keep up with the play. She guessed. She didn't bring the ball back when her bounce totally advantaged Goldstein. She took Tom de Koning out, and failed to blow the whistle and stop play that she interfered with. Some of her decisions were laughable.
I think bringing in women umps is not a bad thing, but Eleni doesn't appear to have what it takes. Not AFL standard.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #18
I kept asking myself whether it wasn't a subconscious thing because she was female.
I think that's part of it.
She's clearly identifiable.
If an individual male umpire has a shocker, well they all look the same (except the Leprechaun) so you don't tend to notice it.
Bust seriously that was a very poor performance.
The thing was a couple of her decisions actually helped us, half tackles on North players which were called holding the ball very quickly.

One other thing while I think of it.
When O'Brien get's the ball these days rather than worrying I'm pretty confident he'll hit the target, or do something constructive, which is a dramatic shift from previous years.

Reply #19
I didn't think that the umpires had much influence either way, despite some clangers both teams benefited at times.

The most important umpiring trait isn't correctness, it's consistency!

One thing I've picked up on is the new dissent rules have made it worse for fans as the clangers seem to go unnoticed which makes fans livid.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
I didn't think that the umpires had much influence either way, despite some clangers both teams benefited at times.

The most important umpiring trait isn't correctness, it's consistency!
They had an absolute howler last night, getting in the way of play, missed free kicks, incorrect free kicks. That game needs  a serious review. It didn't influence the result but in a close game, a performance like that will dictate the outcome. Glouftsis in particular was atrocious.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #21
She had a terrible game. She didn't keep up with the play. She guessed. She didn't bring the ball back when her bounce totally advantaged Goldstein. She took Tom de Koning out, and failed to blow the whistle and stop play that she interfered with. Some of her decisions were laughable.
I think bringing in women umps is not a bad thing, but Eleni doesn't appear to have what it takes. Not AFL standard.

She does put on a good shepherd though...haha.

Reply #22
Stand out items for me:
1. We didn't fold like a deck of cards to a team way below us on the ladder and out of form.
2. Adam Saad's will to get to a contest and either spoil, tackle or intercept is something to behold. I love the bloke.
3. H's has vice grips for hands.
4. Jack Carroll debut was promising, go on with it now young man.
5. More that please TDK.
6. Doc, Cripps, Young stood tall and cracked in when we were under siege for that little bit. The skipper was a beast.
7. LOB's kicking clinic was elite last night.
8. Fish lifted his output as a roaming collector and distributor, worked very hard I thought.
9. Charlie looks ready to tear the comp a new one.
10. Not a fan but Plowman was solid last night.

Durds needs to lift or he'll find himself in the 2's.
Surely Dow gets a run next week (I'm gonna keep banging on until he gets a game).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #23
She does put on a good shepherd though...haha.
FMD surely she had to call that back and ball it up.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #24
They had an absolute howler last night, getting in the way of play, missed free kicks, incorrect free kicks. That game needs  a serious review. It didn't influence the result but in a close game, a performance like that will dictate the outcome. Glouftsis in particular was atrocious.

How the hell she ever got a senior game is beyond belief.  Sub standard, I'd make sure she was never gifted another.

Reply #25
I kept asking myself whether it wasn't a subconscious thing because she was female.
I think that's part of it.
She's clearly identifiable.

The best thing an umpire can do is not be noticed.
The fact she continually gets herself noticed to begin with is a mark against her.

There are a few umpires that have burned themselves into my brain through consistent poor decisions, she and Razor are the obvious ones, but there have been a few over the journey, not sure if they are still umpiring and if the numbers are the same, but Leigh Fisher gave 14-1 free kicks against us vs St. Kilda one game....he used to play for the saints.
#'s 15 and 23 also have their names/numbers on the naughty list for previous incompetence.

I posted a clip of a free kick from a ruck contest from a few rounds ago (not our game) that was doing the rounds on social media. A free kick was given at a centre bounce for blocking (against a ruck) and no matter how many times i watched it, there was not even the slightest glimpse of what the umpire saw. The free kick went against the ruck who won the tap and no rhyme or reason as to why. That umpire was Eleni

Reply #26
How the hell she ever got a senior game is beyond belief.  Sub standard, I'd make sure she was never gifted another.
Agree, was terrible and lacks control of the game imo, players pinged immediately for holding the ball, incorrect disposal then others given half an hour, swung 360 degrees and it's play on...??

Reply #27
Agree, was terrible and lacks control of the game imo, players pinged immediately for holding the ball, incorrect disposal then others given half an hour, swung 360 degrees and it's play on...??

EB, imo, quite simply, she does NOT understand or have any "feel" for the game. 

Reply #28
Talking about actual decisions.... Gees that tunnel by Larkey was as weak as pi...  Typical gutless stuff from that mob.

If TdK gets done for umpire contact I'd be ringing Gil over the tunnelling.  That's how knees get done.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #29
I thought our kicking into the forward line was heaps better... we kicked it into space in front of Harry or Charlie so they could run onto it. Hard to defend.
Plus they didn't get into each others way.
I'm liking what young brings and Jack Carroll is going to be a player.
Good work guys, now bring on the Cows  >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come