Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 8 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 4007 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 8 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide

Interesting to see if we can we can win the injuries we have. With a full list we'd murder this mob. But when do we have a full list? Hasn't happen this century yet.

This weekend Channel 7 is showing only 2 games, and we're not it. Remarkable. Even Essendon gets 3 Friday nights on TV in a row when they can't win a game.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 8 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #1
Interesting to see if we can we can win the injuries we have. With a full list we'd murder this mob. But when do we have a full list? Hasn't happen this century yet.

This weekend Channel 7 is showing only 2 games, and we're not it. Remarkable. Even Essendon gets 3 Friday nights on TV in a row when they can't win a game.
But they are 1 of the big 4!
The Filth, Tiggers, Dawks and the Cheats.  :P
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #2
But they are 1 of the big 4!
The Filth, Tiggers, Dawks and the Cheats.  :P
Yes, lucky for us we only come 2nd in the TV ratings behind the Filth, we might not feature at all if we were unfortunate enough to come 1st!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
I reckon if Young misses, I reckon Kemp might have to come in and he and SOS can share filling the void down back.
So for me
Outs are Young* Stocker Newnes
Ins are Kemp Dow Hewett
Med Sub Willo or Cottrell
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
Tend to agree GTC....if Young goes out, one of Williamson or Kemp, will have to play down back.

Reply #5
I wrote a couple of weeks ago about how Carlton hadn't won by ten goals or a hundred points in years. A 50 point win against North was solid. This season we have probably left 100 points out on the park with our second half fade outs against Port and Hawthorn which has adversely affected our percentage. Often with teams like Carlton when they make a charge up the ladder they often win a number of close games that over inflates their performance. With Carlton, the two close games should never have been close which actually undermines our apparent performance. This week is another opportunity to put in a solid performance and achieve a solid winning margin. It is also an opportunity to go six and two which means we only need to win six of the last 14 games to make the finals. It will be interesting to see which Carlton turns up, the one that will work hard and achieve a good victory or the self indulgent team that has achieved nothing but think and play like millionaires. This is the challenge, to turn up and play each week and play out the whole game.
I didn't get to see a lot of last week's game due to family commitments however it did seem that Fisher was kicking the ball a lot sooner and more deeply than what he has been previously doing this season. My criticism of Fisher is that he does to much thinking and not enough doing. Hopefully he has turned that around.

Reply #6
It will be interesting to see which Carlton turns up, the one that will work hard and achieve a good victory or the self indulgent team that has achieved nothing but think and play like millionaires. This is the challenge, to turn up and play each week and play out the whole game.
As a player, I know which one Vossy turned up as each and every week. Therefore, I know with 100% certainty which type he demands turns up each and every week. When they dont, there will be hell to pay.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #7
I reckon if Young misses, I reckon Kemp might have to come in and he and SOS can share filling the void down back.
So for me
Outs are Young* Stocker Newnes
Ins are Kemp Dow Hewett
Med Sub Willo or Cottrell

I'd make Zac Williams the Medical Sub and send him a message.

Reply #8
Tonight is the night ... fingers crossed.

Reply #9
Young cleared and available to play

Reply #10
Sanity prevails.

Reply #11
Fingers crossed Hewett gets up....probably him in for Stocker and that'd probably be it. I think Newnes and O'Brien did enough to hold their spots, along with Jack Carroll. Maybe Dow is medical sub again unless he replaced one of Fisher, Durdin or Owies....but I like with the Owies/Durdin combination brings up forward and Fisher has that speed that we don't have a whole lot of.

Reply #12
Williams and Hewett ins I reckon.
Stocker and Cottrell as outs.
Someone as emergency.
Too many injuries and a joke again we will field a stronger team this week.

Time for the club to put a line through injury riddled players that can't get on the park and replace them with draftees.

Reply #13
Williams and Hewett ins I reckon.
Stocker and Cottrell as outs.
Someone as emergency.
Too many injuries and a joke again we will field a stronger team this week.

Time for the club to put a line through injury riddled players that can't get on the park and replace them with draftees.
On SEN this morning they were saying George is no certainty to come back this week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #14
On SEN this morning they were saying George is no certainty to come back this week.
Wouldn't be surprised. He looked very very sore last week.