Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 8 2022 Post Game Celebrations Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 4966 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 8 2022 Post Game Celebrations Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #105
Melbourne are undefeated but I don't think they would have won all 4 quarters in many games.
Probably should have checked the data on that before posting but I'll stick my neck out.

Melbourne has won all four quarters once this season.  They have lost the second quarter three times, the third quarter once and the last quarter three times for eight wins and seven lost quarters in total.  We have lost sixteen quarters for six wins.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #106
Tonyo....I saw a WAFL game about 4 weeks ago with SPS playing for the WCE side against Perth. He ran around at half pace, didn't see him lay a tackle or chase once and every kick he got was a 25m chip pass. On WAFL form he shouldn't be playing at the top level at the moment and probably only is because of their injuries and Covid outs. I think at the time a few of us were unhappy at the draft pick (42?) that we got but on form, I think we did extremely well out of that trade.

Reply #107
I think Honey, Fisher and Owies probably compete for the same spot, I see Martin as much better and bigger overhead marking threat than any of the other options.

Honey will have to get much better at covering the ground to threaten Owies or Fisher.
Honey is stronger in the body and a much better more reliable kick and I liken him more to Gary Rohan...IMO he would kick more goals than the others but Owies, Durdin and to a lesser extent Martin will create more for their teammates being more frenzied tacklers and switched on for more quarters. Like Martin and Rohan I think Honey goes missing for parts of games too much which was the case when I watched him in the U18s. I agree Martin is a good overhead mark but his conversion isnt great for a player who has good field kicking skills.

Reply #108
Tonyo....I saw a WAFL game about 4 weeks ago with SPS playing for the WCE side against Perth. He ran around at half pace, didn't see him lay a tackle or chase once and every kick he got was a 25m chip pass. On WAFL form he shouldn't be playing at the top level at the moment and probably only is because of their injuries and Covid outs. I think at the time a few of us were unhappy at the draft pick (42?) that we got but on form, I think we did extremely well out of that trade.
It really doesn't matter what 'pick' we got for SPS, we had pre-planned to get Lewis Young from it.

So we just need to look at it from the point of view that we swapped SPS for Young.
HUGE win.

Reply #109
Honey is stronger in the body and a much better more reliable kick and I liken him more to Gary Rohan...IMO he would kick more goals than the others but Owies, Durdin and to a lesser extent Martin will create more for their teammates being more frenzied tacklers and switched on for more quarters. Like Martin and Rohan I think Honey goes missing for parts of games too much which was the case when I watched him in the U18s. I agree Martin is a good overhead mark but his conversion isnt great for a player who has good field kicking skills.

If their bodies can hold up, Honey and Cunningham will give us the zip and line breaking speed  to take the side to a whole new level. Honey is a much better proposition than all of Owies, Durdin and Martin and Cunningham has OBrien and Newnes covered. Fingers crossed they’re playing 2H of the year.

Reply #110
If their bodies can hold up, Honey and Cunningham will give us the zip and line breaking speed  to take the side to a whole new level. Honey is a much better proposition than all of Owies, Durdin and Martin and Cunningham has OBrien and Newnes covered. Fingers crossed they’re playing 2H of the year.

I think people are massively under rating Owies and Durdin. They play selfless football. Both took important BACKLINE marks last week. Huge workrates and they are tough. Will take some extraordinary form to dislodge either of them.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #111
I think people are massively under rating Owies and Durdin. They play selfless football. Both took important BACKLINE marks last week. Huge workrates and they are tough. Will take some extraordinary form to dislodge either of them.

Their pressure and strategic positioning are solid. How fantastic to think we still have Honey, Hewett, Cunners, McG, Pitto, and Stocker (+ others, 11 in the sick bay) to come back from injury. Then there’s Dow, Williamson etc in the 2’s

Amazing we’ve performed this well given the circumstances. It’s exciting to think what we’re capable of. If only for injuries.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #112

I like both, but prefer Honey who has X factor and teased us with signs that he may have the ability to turn a game in a quarter - his explosiveness is rare and something that our side could do with