Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 8 2022 Post Game Celebrations Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 5100 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 8 2022 Post Game Celebrations Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #15
You must be a treat at parties man…
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #16
It was a comfortable win.
I guess the disappointment mainly stems from the fact that our percentage is the lowest of any side inside the eight.

There was a real opportunity there to add a few points to that.

While it may not be a huge issue now, it could be at the end of the year.
It may determine if we make finals.
It may also determine our position inside the eight and double chances and home finals etc.

So when that opportunity presents itself and we don't take advantage of it, even if we do have a good win, there will be some level of disappointment.

Reply #17
Obligatory calf injury to Martin again
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
Absolutely Lods, but it’s still better than a 20 pt win.
Maybe people want to hark back to our glory days under Mick, Brendon and David…? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #19
Geez, if we won by 95 some wouldn’t be happy unless we won by 96…

NB...Its a good win for sure but I wouldnt as I said I wouldnt be judging players on good or bad games today given the quality of the opposition. Some were suggesting I think in the ingame thread that Boyd had now surpassed Stocker as a small defender based on this game, thats the type of thinking we dont want to get sucked into.
Works both ways,I  didnt think Zac Williams had a great game but I wouldnt be rushing to replace him next week vs his old team either as the ball didnt travel down back too much after half time and he copped a kick on his achillies.
TDK had the half the tapouts that Riley Obrien did but I thought our man was the more effective player.
Nic Newman had 9 marks and a lot of footy but I wouldnt be sucked into sticking him on Toby Greene next game either...

Reply #20
Absolutely Lods, but it’s still better than a 20 pt win.
Maybe people want to hark back to our glory days under Mick, Brendon and David…? 🤷🏼‍♂️

It certainly is better...
I guess with improvement though, the bar gets raised.
It's always going to be the case.
Expectations increase.
So now the 'expectation' is that if we have a team by the throat we finish them off.

That needs to be the aim, because there is still a feeling amongst some that we are susceptible to a lull where sides can quickly put goals on the board.

I still get the feeling it's a belief amongst opposition sides, which means if we don't maintain the scoreboard pressure they think they're a chance...no matter how far behind.

Reply #21
Regulation win over a crap side.

Next week is a bigger test, haven't won interstate yet.

Reckon the top 3 sides are ahead of the others, especially Melbourne, reckon we are as good as the rest.

Reply #22
Top 4. Bottom 4.
I know what I prefer after 8rounds.

Without doubt there’s plenty to develop, refine, and sustain. Our position atm suggests we’re on the right path. Particularly given the coaches have had 8 games to implement their plan.

Happy Bluebagger 😃
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #23
Had a chance to really put a team to the sword and didn't follow through in the last quarter, albeit that the scoreboard didn't reflect our continued superiority in general play.  Percentage could be crucial at the end of the year and ours is pretty disappointing.  Still I'd rather be rueing a lost opportunity to build percentage than a lost opportunity to bag 4 points so all in all pretty happy to comfortably win a game we should have comfortably won.

Reply #24
Sorry I didn't have the threads ready to go. I was at the game.
To be honest, I forgot. I didn't get on the computer this morning because my neck has been stiff.
I won't forget next time!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #25
To be honest, I forgot. I didn't get on the computer this morning because my neck has been stiff.
All good Crash, we all appreciate the stuff you do on the forum and hope that neck is feeling better.

Reply #26
All good Crash, we all appreciate the stuff you do on the forum and hope that neck is feeling better.
The problem comes from sitting in front of a computer screen so much, but, as a budding author, I don't have a lot of choice. I just have to manage things a bit better.

It is amazing how much less pain there is tonight, after an 8 goal win. I'm sure I'd be crippled if we lost. :) :)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #27
NB...Its a good win for sure but I wouldnt as I said I wouldnt be judging players on good or bad games today given the quality of the opposition. Some were suggesting I think in the ingame thread that Boyd had now surpassed Stocker as a small defender based on this game, thats the type of thinking we dont want to get sucked into.
Works both ways,I  didnt think Zac Williams had a great game but I wouldnt be rushing to replace him next week vs his old team either as the ball didnt travel down back too much after half time and he copped a kick on his achillies.
TDK had the half the tapouts that Riley Obrien did but I thought our man was the more effective player.
Nic Newman had 9 marks and a lot of footy but I wouldnt be sucked into sticking him on Toby Greene next game either...

It’s just a matter of banking the 4 points, sure an extra 3 goals would help our % but I’m happy at this point to get the 4 points, build on the guys doing the coaches job and try to lift the guys who are below par, it’s a long game.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #28

No problem crash. We’re very grateful for your amazing commitment to CSC
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #29
No problem crash. We’re very grateful for your amazing commitment to CSC
I appreciate the thanks, but I've stuffed up twice this season. Can't let it become a habit.
Live Long and Prosper!