Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 9 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs GWS (Read 4265 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 9 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs GWS

Reply #15
Best win of the year.

Have to agree with you MBB
Although I agreed with you saying we wouldn’t win.
Good to get things wrong and still wear the winner’s 😁
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #16
Plowman OK today
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
best win of the year, worst commentary by along way

Reply #18
First time we have beaten GWS away........EVER!

Reply #19
GWS play soulless football, I feel sorry for them, they are an invented club that went within a hairs breadth of a flag that might have changed their fate, they could have easily done in the AFL what Storm did in NRL!

So much talent wasted.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Great effort and you’d think that Hewett would be better for the run, as he looked a touch off. Very happy with Silvagni, Durdin, Fisher, Cripps, Walsh & Weitering today.

On the flip side I thought Owies and Newman were poor, whilst OBrien/Carroll were a touch panicky. 

Still scratching my head about no Dow, so grossly unfair and can play wing, without doubt.

Reply #21
Great effort and you’d think that Hewett would be better for the run, as he looked a touch off. Very happy with Silvagni, Durdin, Fisher, Cripps, Walsh & Weitering today.

On the flip side I thought Owies and Newman were poor, whilst OBrien/Carroll were a touch panicky. 

Still scratching my head about no Dow, so grossly unfair and can play wing, without doubt.

Newman is an incredibly lazy footballer.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #22
Sorry, posted this  late in the other thread but....Matthew Kennedy: 27 possessions, 8 marks, a goal and a s&#tload of courage on 68% game time!!!

Reply #23
Didn't think we played that well but still won well which is a good sign.
GWS had great motivation to win but just lack spirit, leadership and play as individuals. Cripps did it all , midfield, ruck and led the team well.Durdin is a ripper little player and enjoyed seeing him work up the ground.
Nice story on Matt Kennedy this week and how his faith has helped his game and he was in our best again.
Plowman and Docherty were steady all game and Weitering controlled the backline which he did well minus Young and any other KP help.
TDK battled well but Pruess was just too big and strong and imo we need to give him more help ie Mirkov.

Reply #24
We are really beginning to look like a professional, confident and competent outfit who can acquit ourselves well even if we are not playing 100% to our best. Today I was really pleased to see how we took GWS in our stride to get the win, even though imo we were not at our best for various reasons.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #25
12 wins should be enough and we're on 7 wins with 13 games to go. We have games against the Cheats, the PIes (x2), the Crows, the Giants & the Eagles which should give us at least 5 wins and no doubt we won't lose all the other games. Don't organise an overseas trip in September!

Reply #26
GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY       3.3          7.5          10.6        11.9 (75)
CARLTON                                             5.3          7.5          10.12     15.5 (105)

GOALS
Greater Western Sydney: Greene 2, Himmelberg 2, Riccardi 2, Callaghan, Kennedy, Perryman, Kelly, Ward
Carlton: Curnow 2, Durdin 2, Fisher 2, Silvagni 2, Walsh 2, De Koning, Docherty, Kennedy, Motlop, O'Brien,

BEST
Greater Western Sydney: Kelly, Preuss, Taylor, Green, Perryman, Cumming
Carlton: Silvagni, Weitering, Walsh, Docherty, Cripps, Fisher, Hewett

In the past we would have folded when GWS came back. We can only get better, because we have to get some of our players back before too much longer.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #27
Newman is an incredibly lazy footballer.

I don't believe Vossy would have a lazy footballer in the 22.  Newman was good today, apart from a couple of poor kicks and he wasn't Robinson Crusoe there.  He did his time on Greene and didn't give him a sniff.

All of the defenders played well under considerable pressure.  Newnes was a bit shaky at times but was steady when it counted.

I couldn't find a single player who didn't work hard and make a solid contribution towards our win (Williams excepted); a very even performance from the players and an outstanding performance by the coaching group.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
That we managed to keep Toby Greene to 7 possessions ...
What can you say about a midfield that plays that well with so little ruck support? I'm not surprised that Tom de Koning didn't have a great game: it wasn't the sort of conditions that suit him. Preuss is a good ruckman. Still, he'll be better against Hickey.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #29
That we managed to keep Toby Greene to 7 possessions ...
What can you say about a midfield that plays that well with so little ruck support? I'm not surprised that Tom de Koning didn't have a great game: it wasn't the sort of conditions that suit him. Preuss is a good ruckman. Still, he'll be better against Hickey.
Preuss is a kent, Tom needs to learn to be more like Preuss.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time