Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 10 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Sydney (Read 3459 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 10 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #15
Best win for years and Weitering was in AA Fullback form vs the budmaster.
Durdin, Fisher and Owies is the combo we need to compliment our talls and imo it's Durdin who has gone to the next level and is main event of the trio.
TDKs marking was great when it mattered and Charlie stood up and was the man minus Harry which is what you want.
Even the maligned Newman played his best game vs his old mob and took some good marks early.
Swans tried the dirty stuff including clobbering Doc but we repelled all borders and have a range of dheads including Warner, Gulden and Ladhams who tried it on but with no success.
Gulden did something to Doc that I missed but our man wasn't impressed and Doc isn't one to fire up but he was angry and I'd be letting that kid know next time we play the Swans who is boss.
Thought Stocker showed why he is an automatic imo and I like the way he goes about it.
Cottrell had a fine game and deserves his place, Kennedy and Hewitt also played well and while Cripps and Cerra were more subdued I thought Walsh was his usual consistent self.
Enjoyed that game more than any other this season and it was like watching the Carlton of old..

Reply #16
Gulden did something to Doc that I missed but our man wasn't impressed and Doc isn't one to fire up but he was angry and I'd be letting that kid know next time we play the Swans who is boss.

He ducked his head and milked a free kick off Doc who remonstrated calling him "a weak Kent" repeatedly.

Another flog in that side is that no 27, he is very unSydney like and should be told by the leaders to pull his head in.

So glad now we didn't get Papley, absolute asswhipe.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
Some really salty swannies out there today,  apparently the umpires cost them the game.  I'm with you EB, the swines' tackling got higher and higher as the game went on,  they're a sly side when it's not going their way.   Perhaps the side that got to the ball first and attacked it won?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
In the aftermath of the Docherty hit Warner was grabbing I think it was Saad from behind then looked up and saw Stocker running full pace at him, he crapped himself and the look on his face told me why Stocker should be an automatic pick each week.

Reply #19
I think the Swans were genuinely shocked by our overall toughness and hardness at the ball, especially when their thug tactics failed. Horse looked shell shocked after the game. 😎
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
De Koning  23 hitouts, 5 marks
Hickey        14 hitouts, 4 marks
Ladhams    10 hitouts, 0 marks
Silvagni        5 hitouts, 4 marks
Cripps          3 hitouts, 1 mark

De Koning was clearly the best ruckman on the ground and our makeshift ruck combination won the ruck contests 🙂

De Koning’s effort in the last quarter was match-winning 👏
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21
Finally, what CFC stands for...
Certified Finals Contender  8)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #22
Some really salty swannies out there today,  apparently the umpires cost them the game.  I'm with you EB, the swines' tackling got higher and higher as the game went on,  they're a sly side when it's not going their way.   Perhaps the side that got to the ball first and attacked it won?
The umpire paid 4 shockers in a row - to Sydney - that cost us goals in that third quarter. They have nothing to complain about at all.
We had 12 more frees at half time, but we deserved them. The Sydney defenders panicked and gave away stupid frees. They tried to be tough, and were penalized and could have been penalized more. Their Kennedy would miss weeks, but for the fact that he'll miss even longer for the hamstring strain he got when he tried to thump Docherty. Karma, swift and vengeful.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #23
We are just plain old hard to play against now. Its all I've ever wanted, the rest will take care of itself.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #24
In the aftermath of the Docherty hit Warner was grabbing I think it was Saad from behind then looked up and saw Stocker running full pace at him, he crapped himself and the look on his face told me why Stocker should be an automatic pick each week.
Well he learnt from the best, Doc himself. If you had to go to war, they are the first two I'd pick.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #25
Lachie o brien appreciation post.

His best game in navy.  His 1% were huge against Sydney.

I counted at least 2 smothers and a few spoils against blokes bigger than him.  Might have ducked once but I can forgive the odd one.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #26

I counted at least 2 smothers and a few spoils against blokes bigger than him.  Might have ducked once but I can forgive the odd one.

O'Brien was another who really stood up in the last quarter.  Pure gut running to get back in defence and create opportunities to link up from back pocket to half forward and eight disposals as a result.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #27
Just loved watching the 2nd and final qtrs again, and for completely different reasons. Our offensive game when we have it on our terms is simply blistering. And our team defense when up against it is stoic.

The final term from Weiters, TDK, LOB, in particular, was inspirational... but there were many who stood tall under extreme heat. And when you factor in the 5 day break, our final qtr was really quite exceptional. To a man, well done boys... huge admiration from your supporters.

Better effort from BT in the commentary box, as well. Much less bias.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #28

He finally feels like he belongs.
Now he doesn't have to worry about that, he just gets on and plays his game.

His enthusiastic celebration towards.....Durdin i think it was...after a smother on the boundary line shows a lot about him and the direction of the team. Commentators even made a point of how it was celebrated like a goal.

Reply #29
I like Whately's comment this morning on SEN, something like: I didn't see a fade out, I saw a challenge and I saw a response.
Perfect assessment, Sydney are not mugs, they have talent and are well coached. They threw the kitchen sink at us and we held up to it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th