Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427735 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #6705
Booster done. Had it yesterday. So... Az+Az+Moderna booster. Sore arm, tired but no temperature, headaches etc. Almost 5 months between 2nd Az and Mod. 24 hours on and continuing to improve.
I had my booster on friday. triple pfizer.

I'm not sure i was 100% before i got it, but i certainly wasn't after.
Sore arm (for the first time)
achy+tired....sensitive to touch.
Lasted all of the weekend and some of monday.

Didn't stop me from doing anything, more of a mild inconvenience.,,,,much better than the alternative.

Reply #6707
Associate Professor Rob Manwaring from Flinders University said he believed some of the pushback against the Andrews government was political.

'Basically, a sizeable majority were supportive of the strong lockdown measures,' he told the Herald Sun.

'But in this and the NSW score, you can see a small but vocal minority who really pushed back; there is a partisan effect here, I am willing to bet, of trenchant liberals and anti-Labor sentiments.'
Yep, Victoria is the only State where the opposition sided with the anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers & anti-lockdowners. Shame, shame shame!

Reply #6709
Interesting move by Neil Young, telling Spotify either they address Joe Rogan's fake vaccine and COVID news channel or they have to withdraw all his content.

Imagine if Neil Young gets a few more major artists on board, the artists have nothing to fear because they are the majority and all they have to do is stand together!

btw., Joe Rogan was a big peddler of Trump's Regeneron cure, in fact Joe claimed at one stage he used it himself, but it's been withdrawn after being found to be useless against Sars-CoV-2! This type of misinformation is peddled, mostly stuff like HCQ, Ivermectin, Regeneron as a cure by the likes of Trump and Rogan, springs from COVID naysayers confusing a useful treatment for a comorbidity with Sars-CoV-2 treatment. If you get an ancillary infection, a parasite, bacteria or some secondary virus, doctors might find them useful, but against Sars-CoV-2 alone they are useless.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6710
My daughter's brother in law is a theatre nurse.  He explained that their case load is 50-75% of pre-COVID times but the COVID protocols, furloughs, etc mean that he is working longer and harder than he did pre-COVID. 

On a brighter note, my daughter's family have finished their COVID ISO and came over today for a swim and a game of cricket  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6711
Interesting move by Neil Young, telling Spotify either they address Joe Rogan's fake vaccine and COVID news channel or they have to withdraw all his content.

Imagine if Neil Young gets a few more major artists on board, the artists have nothing to fear because they are the majority and all they have to do is stand together!

btw., Joe Rogan was a big peddler of Trump's Regeneron cure, in fact Joe claimed at one stage he used it himself, but it's been withdrawn after being found to be useless against Sars-CoV-2! This type of misinformation is peddled, mostly stuff like HCQ, Ivermectin, Regeneron as a cure by the likes of Trump and Rogan, springs from COVID naysayers confusing a useful treatment for a comorbidity with Sars-CoV-2 treatment. If you get an ancillary infection, a parasite, bacteria or some secondary virus, doctors might find them useful, but against Sars-CoV-2 alone they are useless.

Just reading that it's not Neil Young's call  as to whether or not his music appears on Spotify. Apparently he sold the rights for $150 mill some years ago now! He has subsequently withdrawn his demand it is reported. Who cares🤭 .
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6712
Just reading that it's not Neil Young's call  as to whether or not his music appears on Spotify. Apparently he sold the rights for $150 mill some years ago now! He has subsequently withdrawn his demand it is reported. Who cares🤭 .
I think it is interesting to think artists might take this sort of stand against Spotify or similar social media streaming services, probably many of which are either Google or Meta owned.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6713
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Blasts FDA For Halting Drugs Ineffective On Omicron, HuffPost.

The FDA in the US has pulled the EUAs given to Regeneron & Eli-Lilley for their moniclonal antibody treatments. The Regeneron antibody treatment became famous when it was used to treat Trump when he contracted Covid. The EUAs were pulled as these treatements have no effectiveness against Omicron.

The FDA announcement was expected, as both drugmakers have said for weeks that the treatments are less able to target omicron because of its mutations. In updated drug labeling released Monday, the FDA said omicron appears 1,000-fold less vulnerable to Regeneron’s drug and nearly 3,000-fold less vulnerable to Lilly’s drug.

Federal officials said the FDA decision was supported by several independent studies, including a peer-reviewed paper published in the journal Nature last month. In that study, a consortium of European researchers tested the ability of several antibody drugs to neutralize a live sample of the virus, concluding that Lilly and Regeneron’s antibodies “were inactive against omicron.”

The American Medical Association, the nation’s largest physician group, said it agreed with the FDA decision, issuing a statement that read: “Limiting the use of these treatments will help ensure patients receive the best available therapy.”

Bizarrely, Florida Governor Ron De Santis has railed against this decision, blaming Biden for 'medical authoritarianism' even though it was an FDA decision. Biden's spox said it was amazing that De Santis is advocating for patients to be able to use treatments that don't work. Not surprising really: if you're going to campaign against vaccines & masks which work, you need to have some miracle cure to take their place. HCQ & Ivermectin are fake treatments, and now treatments that used to work no longer work.

This exposes how ridiculous the Ivermectin push was. If Covid mutates and renders ineffective some treatments that were effective, how can Ivermectin shills argue that in vitro results using high concentrations of Ivermectin and flawed or fraudulent early studies are relevant now? It's not as though there was any real evidence that Ivermectin was effective against the original Covid strains but there's absolutely no evidence they work against Delta or Omicron. Flyboy used to argue that the way governments and vaccine makers adjusted vaccination programs and the vaccines themselves to maintain the effectiveness of vaccinations was somehow an admission of failure. But when we compare vaccines to treatments such as Regeneron's, we see that adaptability is a strength not a weakness when dealing with a mutating virus.

Reply #6714

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/dan-andrews-pandemic-response-is-rated-the-worst-in-australia/ar-AAT742A?ocid=entnewsntp

Any other result would be laughable.

Shawny - this still says that 63% reckon he went just OK to very well?  145 of the 403 Victorians surveyed answered in the negative and 254 in the positive the rest were getting splinters.  Wouldn't take this seriously - either way.

Reply #6715
How COVID and it's comorbidities are selectively reported is truly disturbing at times. The truth behind ICU is even scarier than the published death figures as simplistic as they are, they distort perception when you read something like, 30 deaths today, most deaths over 65, etc., etc..

It paints a picture that young people (< 30) are exiting the pandemic unscathed, when the reality is nothing could be further from the truth.

The severe long term effects of COVID are significantly present in the population across the age spectrum, no researcher as yet can definitively report why and science cannot yet predict who is at risk.

It's the statistics that tell us elderly are at more risk of death, counting the dead comes too late, but even then the why is not always clear.

Even foggier is the how and why behind non-lethal severe disease, severe disability or long COVID, and it will probably be that way for years to come!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6716
Shawny - this still says that 63% reckon he went just OK to very well?  145 of the 403 Victorians surveyed answered in the negative and 254 in the positive the rest were getting splinters.  Wouldn't take this seriously - either way.
Such a small survey, just way too small to be representative, for example the last unrestricted Vic State Liberal Party conference I'm aware of was held in Ballarat with over 1200 attending, would you run the poll there?

Such a small poll can grossly distort the outcome, as can being selective about where and when you ask the question as well as the question you ask.

I think the small number should make the reader very suspicious of the results.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6718
The four factors that could lead to long COVID, The Age.
Yes, I saw this yesterday, but it is far from the full story.

When it comes from the US it's highly likely to be something the Board of a Uni do rather than the research group, the Uni/College will throw out public summaries / papers very early in the process just like this one in the hope they will attract funding / investment.

One of the big problems with Sars-CoV-2 is the a suite of symptoms is so vast, the last summary I saw listed several dozen related symptoms and conditions attributed to Sar-CoV-2 infections. There is pretty much not an organ in your body it can't infect/impact. This has a very real and detrimental effect in trying to characterise COVID as a disease, because virtually everyone on the planet is less than perfect and it seems Sars-CoV-2 loves finding a weakness!

I suppose that broadness is one of the major contributing factors that eventually leads to a lot of debate about what is a COVID case or death.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6719
So, now we have son of Omicron, a variant of the variant. Apparently, it's more transmissible than the original.