Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 39426 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #165
Forget Levi's contribution last week as it was non existent (no fault of his) Weitering and White are strong inclusions and either has Jammo covered at this stage. If you rate Kruezer's performance at 100%, I'd be stoked if big Orange could give us 75% of that, and pinch a goal.

Re KJ, you are seeing that the Crows are playing hard ball with Menzel who has more runs on the board than KJ. Bolts has said that NB performance and effort will be rewarded and obviously KJ hasn't produced that to a satisfactory level. (Would SOS have considered him, if he had been in the chair at the time ?)

Reply #166
Forget Levi's contribution last week as it was non existent (no fault of his) Weitering and White are strong inclusions and either has Jammo covered at this stage. If you rate Kruezer's performance at 100%, I'd be stoked if big Orange could give us 75% of that, and pinch a goal.

Re KJ, you are seeing that the Crows are playing hard ball with Menzel who has more runs on the board than KJ. Bolts has said that NB performance and effort will be rewarded and obviously KJ hasn't produced that to a satisfactory level. (Would SOS have considered him, if he had been in the chair at the time ?)

If he was interested in KJ (and we don't know he would have been) he would have offered a lower pick and maybe a player.

Malty wanted instant results, SOS is rebuilding so i don't think there's any chance he'd have traded out of the top 10 for a speculative tall who nobody had figured out if he was a forward or a back or a bust.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #167

Jaksch's been unlucky as he has been pretty good in the twos. Marking very well, kicking some goals and last week 20 touches and 6 marks. We do have a number in his spots at both ends so he's really having to earn his stripes after a pretty good year thus far with the NBs.

We have quite a few that have been filling his spots. We might be better off with Jaksch rather than Jones but Jones got in based on good early season form, especially against Geelong, and simply hasn't done enough to be dropped. You could argue having him in before Jammo and White as well but we've gone with experience.

Reply #168
Jones got in curtesy of playing closer to goal than Jaksch and kicking slightly more goals. Bizarre situation where Cas gets injured and our next best tall fwd isn't even an emergency. BB hates him.

Reply #169
Jones got in curtesy of playing closer to goal than Jaksch and kicking slightly more goals. Bizarre situation where Cas gets injured and our next best tall fwd isn't even an emergency. BB hates him.

You have to wonder what SOS's take on him is?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #170
Hate is a strong word jeza. I dont think BB "hates" anyone, but he is strong and uncompromising in his demands of the players. Read the article in the HS on him.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #171

I understand how it could appear this way. I reckon you can be really confident that BB is not the kind of Senior Coach who would 'hate' a player. I think he has a standard for senior selection and simply won't drop below it (unless serious injury forces his hand). The only reason I think Gorringe was selected ahead of KJ would be his ability to help out in the ruck. At his best Gorringe can pinch a goal or two up forward, but so can KJ.

And if you look at our big blokes who get senior games they all seem to have one particular thing in common which doesn't seem to be KJs strong suit - ferocious endeavour at the contest. Jones hits packs and has second and third efforts as do our other big blokes, but KJ is not big on that - he seems to be able to take a good contested mark, affect a good spoil but if either of those fail he's slow to respond and perhaps that is what the coaches have him working on, his second and third efforts. I'll watch him closely tomorrow arvo to see how that goes.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #172
If Jaksch was showing enough in the VFL he'd be in the seniors, it's not as if our senior team is loaded with top class talls.
I hope he eventually does OK but there's serious doubts that he'll measure up, he must have played at least 20 VFL games by now and this is his fourth season on an AFL list.
Anyway, back to the game and I'm tipping a 5 goal minimum loss, Goldstein V Gorringe will be a no contest.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #173
If Jaksch was showing enough in the VFL he'd be in the seniors, it's not as if our senior team is loaded with top class talls.
I hope he eventually does OK but there's serious doubts that he'll measure up, he must have played at least 20 VFL games by now and this is his fourth season on an AFL list.
Anyway, back to the game and I'm tipping a 5 goal minimum loss, Goldstein V Gorringe will be a no contest.

That's an improvement from the 10 goal loss you normally predict. :D

I might put a $1000 on us. ;)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #174

suuurrre.

Reply #175
Jaksch hasn't done enough to earn a spot, it's plain and simple, but he is not on his Pat Malone.

Tutt, DVR, Graham, Boekhorst, Smith, etc., etc.. are all languishing in the twos because of intent, or the lack of it.

Bolton has clearly stated one major objective, unity, and nothing destroys unity more than people who don't go when it is their turn to go. Especially if player won't go and then starts finger-pointing!

So far this season Jones goes, maybe even a bit too much, but that is better than the other option. Last week late in the game was the first time I saw him stop, but admittedly he'd played 4Qs without Casboult. However he won't want to do that this weekend, or he may well be having a dewy early start to next weekend.

Commitment to the contest is not optional, and commitment to the contest covers many sins.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #176
Jones is doing what the coach tells him to do.....chase, tackle, and contest as many mark as he can......the ball went to Kruezer last week via a handball that was crumbed after a Jones marking contest...

Jaksch wants it lace out and doesnt have the intensity  of Jones...I like Jaksch and reckon he has plenty of talent but Bolton wont give you a game based on talent alone or how stylish you look...

Reply #177
You'd think that if the effort the Kangabies bring tonight is similar to the past 2 weeks then it's game on, however, if they click back into early season form it could get ugly for us.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17