Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 41709 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #61
Can we put 4 midfielders in the centre square, ruck no-one and let Goldstein jump on his own. Then he'd have to tap it to and outnumbered centre square brigade.

Joking of course but wonder if anyone has thought of that before.

Reply #62
I hope he is ...we want to meet them a their best. More learning.

I've already learned that he is the best ruckman in the game, so I'm all for them resting big Goldy so he can be right for North's tough draw ahead.

Reply #63
I've already learned that he is the best ruckman in the game, so I'm all for them resting big Goldy so he can be right for North's tough draw ahead.

Giving the likely ruck combos that we can arrange, Goldy playing against such a make shift set up would probably constitute a week off anyway.

Reply #64
Put Cripps in the ruck, he can do just about everything else? :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #65
Wood in for Kreuzer, Gorringe in for Casboult (and as 2nd ruck), Rowe back to CHB.

As good a job as Rowe did as a relief forward and ruck, there is no way I would plan to start him in either of those positions, especially with North's tall forward line to contend with.

Here is a chance for some of our depth players to step up. If they don't or can't there may not be a spot for them on our list at the end of the year...
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #66
Good to see you know your place...lol!

Mate you can't debate a brick wall.  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #67
Wood in for Kreuzer, Gorringe in for Casboult (and as 2nd ruck), Rowe back to CHB.

As good a job as Rowe did as a relief forward and ruck, there is no way I would plan to start him in either of those positions, especially with North's tall forward line to contend with.

Here is a chance for some of our depth players to step up. If they don't or can't there may not be a spot for them on our list at the end of the year...

Don't worry about North's tall forwards, let them worry about our strengths. If they're tall you can run off them, which is what we can do. Plenty we can play in defence...Jammo, Jakch, White, Plowman, and that's only if Weitering isn't ready. So no great problem.  Prefer Rowe replacing Casboult.

Reply #70
:)
Now all we need is a fit ruckman and who knows how many more we can tick off?

Who's likely to be availabe this week Crash?

Reply #71
Second ruck one of  (in order) Wood, Gorringe, Korchek

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #72
@GTC

Ouch! That defence looks a little shakey GTC. Could we rob the ruck to shore it up a bit?  ;)

Reply #73
@GTC

Ouch! That defence looks a little shakey GTC. Could we rob the ruck to shore it up a bit?  ;)
Put Rowe back there and play Wood/Gorringe? Probably. Gonna be tough at the selection table no matter how you look at it. I guess if Weiters is ready, he comes straight in.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #74
Put Rowe back there and play Wood/Gorringe? Probably. Gonna be tough at the selection table no matter how you look at it. I guess if Weiters is ready, he comes straight in.

Yep, selection will be interesting alright and I'm awaiting with anticipation. Hopefully Weiters will indeed be back which will make life a bit better. I think Rowe will probably have to spend some time rucking but I don't like the idea of him as 1st ruck.