Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 42117 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #90
I absolutely think we can win this.

Our set-ups and structures allow us to win plenty of contested ball, we lock it in the forward line and I think our defence can handle Norf's talls.

They are just going and as each week goes, pressure builds on being undefeated.

Wish I could agree but logic says otherwise.

Jamo looked out at sea against both Dixon and Westoff and with Rowe needed up forward or pinch hitting in the ruck our defence will be up against it. North has Waite, Petrie and Brown as their key talls who all work hard up the ground and are smart in finding space and not flying for the same ball.  Then add in that piece of sh1t Thomas plus Harvey even though he's nearly 60 he usually gets on the end of a few against us. Just look too small down back to hold them and without Krueze at least providing a contest against probably the best ruckmen in the comp they will get enough entries to kick a big score.

Then again maybe I will be surprised for the 5th consecutive week.  ;D ;) 

Reply #91
Yes, I think of Leigh Matthews' famous quote after his last game, the 85 Grand Final - he said "It was a bit like fighting a war without weapons. "

Reply #92
I'm with Shades, I think we can win. Why? Just because of what I have seen thus far from our boys. "Its the vibe". One of the two streaks will come to an end this week, I reckon our fellas are keen to maintain ours and will leave nothing on the ground trying. And if we do win? To quote the Bristle:
"Boy-o-boy".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #93
Heart says we can have a go, head says , we were struggling to match up before the last few injuries. So will be a tough fit. I know one thing if Jaksch doesn't play , then his cards might already be marked.

Reply #94
I'm with Shades, I think we can win. Why? Just because of what I have seen thus far from our boys. "Its the vibe". One of the two streaks will come to an end this week, I reckon our fellas are keen to maintain ours and will leave nothing on the ground trying. And if we do win? To quote the Bristle:
"Boy-o-boy".

It's a sat night game GTC so we could have BT commentating !!!

Funny thing is my kids love BT commentated games because they just parrot his nonesense and laugh their heads off

Makes a great night in!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #95

Funny thing is my kids love BT commentated games because they just parrot his nonesense and laugh their heads off

Makes a great night in!!
Lol. I find him extremely annoying TBH. About as annoying as REx Hunt used to be.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #96
some boys sound really sore and some players like Kerridge output is dropping off... byrne and crippa are sore

Reply #97
some boys sound really sore and some players like Kerridge output is dropping off... byrne and crippa are sore

Crikey, i was sore at the end of that game! :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #98
Heart says we can have a go, head says , we were struggling to match up before the last few injuries. So will be a tough fit. I know one thing if Jaksch doesn't play , then his cards might already be marked.

Agree on both points
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #99
True but they all pushed through and did well. Why? Because BB is teaching them to ENDURE.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #100
I'm usually a bit of a pessimist but I don't think we're going into this game with no chance.

There is some real steel in our team that is still catching opponents out. They haven't quite worked out how to take us yet and our guys are definitely playing better now that we have the more experienced guys back in the team.

The ins this week will probably be a combination of White / Wood / Gorringe / Jacksch. Some experience on that list.

Reply #102

Makes a great night in!!

I'm assuming the kids are still quite young CIMM?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #103
North are very gettable, as they ve been just going the past few weeks, and only limped over the line against both Saints and Drug Cheats.
They tend to fade out late in games, so if we stick within a reasonable margin of them in the first 3 quarters, we re a big chance of running over the top of them in the last term.
We ve got the pressure game that could trouble them.

Reply #104
Time for Bolton to show us what he is made of.

We can either attempt to beat North at their own game, that is try and find matchups for all their talls at a time where we are extremely light on for talls.

OR

We can forge our own path and go deliberately small and try and exploit North by running away from them.

Back ourselves in to win the ball through the middle....to run, tackle, chase, harrass and generally outwork them.

Given our personnel, if they get the ball into their forward line, they win.
If they cannot get the ball into their forwardline, we win.

Try to win the game out of the middle, put our best team out there that allows us to do that. Choose our best runners/users to win us this game.