Skip to main content
Topic: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair) (Read 44901 times) previous topic - next topic

RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair)

In a match where we were expected to boost our percentage we lose to the bottom-placed Lions.

There will be some blood spent tonight !!  >:D
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: RD 11 - BLUES Lose To Lions (Embarrassment & Dispair)

Reply #1
Glad I didn't record it
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #2
Gutless losers!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Reply #3
In a match where we were expected to boost our percentage we lose to the bottom-placed Lions.

There will be some blood spent tonight !!  >:D

No early retirement for Lods after tonight's game - will be busier than ever. 

Well, that was depressing. The umpiring may well have been crap, but that game should always have been at arms length, as Sheik said.

Reply #4
To the poster who rubbished me for picking Brisbane on the pregame thread I await your apology and to Jarrod Waite you can forget about any lengthy contract extension.....and to the umpires tonight you can look forward to a free drink from the Brisbane lads because you were bloody disgraceful.....

Reply #5
What a pack of pea-hearts! They thought they had it won. Relaxed. Game over!!!

Reply #6
oh my god. Mum - it's happened again.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #7
Tell me how we can be raped and pilaged so obviously in front of everyone by the umpires.  It is a joke.  They obviously wanted thebears to win. Bullcrap
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #8
Passengers, fumblers & brain-fades, we had the full trifecta tonight !!

People give me a hard time when I'm critical of certain players but when we cannot beat cellar-dwellers like that can you really blame me ??

There were so many moments in that match where we looked like we were going to run away with it yet we couldn't sustain the pressure and the clean handling (yes, the greasy conditions didn't help).

Questionable umpiring decisions coupled with some just dumb errors (Waite & Yarran) made it an awful night all round.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #9
To Blue Phantom, or whatever you call yourself, if you didn't expect us to win that game by a minimum 6 goals, then you are a fkn goose.

Yes, the umpiring was cr@p, but we should never have been in a position to allow umpiring decisions to dictate whether or not we win a game.

We came out in that first quarter asleep.

\Someone at that club, probably the coach, does not have the ability to get these players up for matches that they think they will win.

In fact, the only games they have won, are the ones where they came out all guns blazing, and even had an honourable loss to Port after throwing everything at them, and being under done because 22 of them had surgeries over Summer.

What they served up today, was disgraceful, and you can put on all the one eyed blinkered biased glasses that you want, and blame the umpires, the ground, the commentators and me, but at the end of the day, the 22 that run out on the ground are the ones responsible for that debacle .
NO ONE ELSE!!

Reply #10
Very poor, could have and should have won. Made a lot of errors which put us in this situation for sure. 

But if you steer away from the two clubs and look at the umpiring as a whole it was bloody disgraceful. I really wanted us to win just so we can actually say this as a legitimate fact, rather then it being interpreted as a full blown out excuse.

Reply #11
Even with the umpires against us, it shouldnt have been left in their hands.
Who the fluck do these players think they are to "expect" to just roll up to win???
Says it all about our list really.

MM should take a lot of heat for this loss IMO. My reasons........
* Buckley clearly hadnt  recovered from last weeks knock.
* We lose 2 runners in Walker and Armfield and bring in Carrazzo who by all reports struggled last week in the 2's.
*We CANNOT have Ellard, Carrazzo,McLean ALL in the same team. Way too slow.
* Why not thro Garlett in the guts when everyone else was spent? We finished pumping the ball long and with absolutely no run.

This club has not learnt a bloody thing in 10 f**ken years !. It is exactly why we have so many supporters who refuse to pay a membership because they know what this club gives them in return.......NADA!
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #12
Just so predictable, we are so soft, and every other club knows it. MM has changed very little in this regard
Eat more chooks

Reply #13
And they lost their main Ruckman in the second!

Reply #14
When Trent West went off we killed them in the hit outs and yet still lost the game.  That because there's mids, like Rockliff, actually put their bodies on the line.  Even that debutant O'Brien looked like a seasoned campaigner based on his effort.

Are skills have been rubbish all year but the fact that we didn't win this game by 10 goals against a side of school children and grandfather time himself is a disgrace.  Yes, the umpiring in the last quarter was incompetent, but that doesn't excuse the first quarter where we didn't bother to turn up, or late in the second where we let them get two easy goals or the third where we had all the ball but couldn't put them away.  Umpires didn't do that. We did.