Skip to main content
Topic: Clem Smith altercation  (Read 19864 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Clem Smith altercation

Reply #45
No but I'm not saying anything and trying to pass it off as fact, that's your caper.

I've heard another side to the story that the woman was just as vile and abusive as Martin was and Richmond have welcomed the police investigation because the truth can't get any worse than the picture being painted by the media at the moment.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #46
No but I'm not saying anything and trying to pass it off as fact, that's your caper.

I've heard another side to the story that the woman was just as vile and abusive as Martin was and Richmond have welcomed the police investigation because the truth can't get any worse than the picture being painted by the media at the moment.

So you really do think there a point at which the female's behaviour which justifies Dusty's behaviour, I'm shocked!

I can understand Nthmond pushing this line, but that is really just as piss poor as saying she had it coming!

Dusty and his friends could have easily left the venue or called the police as well if it was justified. But it seems people called the police based on Dusty's behaviour. Yet even if she was behaving abhorrently that still doesn't justify an AFL trained athlete who is 86kg of muscle standing nearly 6'3" using force or abuse as a method of dispute resolution with a woman.

There is no grey area in this regard, and anyone who thinks there is just contributes to the problem.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
Were you there?

Were you? If not not we can only take it at face value until we hear something more substantial otherwise. I'm sure if she was misbehaving herself she wouldn't get too worried about someone else misbehaving. Either way, no excuse for holding a chopstick above someone and threatening to stab someone in the eye no matter how the other person behaves.

Reply #48
Were you? If not not we can only take it at face value until we hear something more substantial otherwise. I'm sure if she was misbehaving herself she wouldn't get too worried about someone else misbehaving. Either way, no excuse for holding a chopstick above someone and threatening to stab someone in the eye no matter how the other person behaves.

I'm not taking any position on this despite what LP is trying to make out.

I just posted what I heard and that the chopstick threat and wall slamming wasn't as threatening as it has been made out to be.

Richmond believe if there is CCTV footage it will help Martin.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #49
There is already mobile phone footage of Martin standing over the lady with a chop stick in her face. Martin is nothing more than a braindead bikie apologist who would more than likely be in jail if he couldn't play football well. That just about sums it up.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #50
I'm not taking any position on this despite what LP is trying to make out.

Don't turn your back on violence against women! Didn't the AFL run a campaign recently to stamp this out? Take a position, do not turn your back!

Draw The Line at Youtube with Bonty

As Dangerfield says; Youtube

Burger says it too! Burgoyne

Is this just lip service Mr AFL?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #51
I think someone has forgotten to take their meds today.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #52
I think someone has forgotten to take their meds today.

I prefer the gravy! ;)

Don't turn your back on me either! :o :D

Not like the AFL has a culture of persecuting women, by the way did EFC ever find that mother?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #53
Move on guys please, lets not get personal.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #54
Bizarre how you're always happy to let it go when it's personal against me until I respond.

MBB, you didn't post a question over whether Dusty did it or not, instead you posted an assertion that the behaviour of the woman was being brought into question.

What am I to think?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #55
I just heard a replay of some of Bolton's interview on SEN this morning.  He was asked whether Smith was on his last chance and his response was along the lines that you have to consider the particular circumstances of an incident before determining an appropriate response.  In other words, a targetted response rather than a formulaic one.

He also stressed that the incident was a learning experience for the entire club and I think that encapsulates his approach to coaching.

I reckon we've got a keeper!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #56
I just heard a replay of some of Bolton's interview on SEN this morning.  He was asked whether Smith was on his last chance and his response was along the lines that you have to consider the particular circumstances of an incident before determining an appropriate response.  In other words, a targetted response rather than a formulaic one.

He also stressed that the incident was a learning experience for the entire club and I think that encapsulates his approach to coaching.

I heard his thoughts on the incident also, very impressive. We did alright with the last Hawthorn bloke we got also ;)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #57

Exactly...Refer my earlier post...   :)

Obviously things like this should be avoided but...
I see this at this time in our clubs "reset" as great timing.
This challenges the new hierarchy and Boltons leadership and standards.
BB has come down hard and so the standard has be set.
Clem will learn and move on, as will the other players, the club has handled it well.
Reprimanded him but has also brought him back into the fold to care for him. Just like a family would.
Those of you asking he be cut loose are way off the mark. BB is instilling the...
 If you succeed then let's celebrate it but if you f$@k up then LEARN from it mantra.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #58
I heard his thoughts on the incident also, very impressive. We did alright with the last Hawthorn bloke we got also ;)

Harford was shizen. ;)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #59
Harford was shizen. ;)

:))

Smith is just a kid...same as Curnow.
But they'll learn quickly or they won't be around.
If Bolton's worth his salt he'll give him the "rounds of the kitchen" privately and then show him some support publicly...as seems to have happened.
But Clem will definitely be on notice.