Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 5: In game angst: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 36483 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 5: In game angst: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #45
Kicking, kicking  farking kicking.
It is FOOTBALL.
In a professional game you would think we could master that skill.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #46
Goal in the first minute, goal in the last minute... we hold our own for the rest!!  Just can't $&@%ing kick straight!!

Reply #47
100% spot on Brettie... and one of the worst offenders is supposedly the best kick in the side, Mr. Bryce Gibbs.. his kicking under pressure is deadest awful.  Every munted kick he scrubs away under pressure ends up going back the other way at light speed...
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #48
Our confidence is shot, we have no idea how to win a game.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #49
Skills wise and brains wise, SPS, Weeters, Cripps and Plowman are streets ahead of the rest of our team, and that's not saying much.

Port are very happy to let us take uncontested marks around the square and on the wing - meanwhile, they flood back, wait for the inevitable turnover in our F50, then wait for the complete lack of defensive pressure, missed tackles etc, and waltz in for a goal. 

And I'm not convinced that Bolts has that much match day nous.

Reply #50
Did I say... Fark I hate Port.

Reply #51
We won't turn the corner properly whilst Murphy is captain. I actually think we should trade him. He is completely unwilling to tackle. His sore shoulder obviously impact his capacity there but you can't have a half dip as a captain. You have to be uncompromising.

He is not that.

He takes half steps to avoid getting into a position to tackle and only puts in a token effort when he is asked to tackle. You can potentially cover that but not from your captain.

We need to move on.

Reply #52
7 of the softest and one plucked straight from the ass to Port.
Absolute sitters missed by us. Should be about square, 9 behinds (2 rushed) is terrible.
We dont do the simple, 1%ers well at all. Just before that Dixon goal, at the other end, Pickett didnt go hard enough to spoil a mark. He jogged in and watched. Result? Ball cleared and goal at the other end.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #53
Take your chances = scoreboard pressure = in the game. Spot the missing link.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #54
Skills wise and brains wise, SPS, Weeters, Cripps and Plowman are streets ahead of the rest of our team, and that's not saying much.

Port are very happy to let us take uncontested marks around the square and on the wing - meanwhile, they flood back, wait for the inevitable turnover in our F50, then wait for the complete lack of defensive pressure, missed tackles etc, and waltz in for a goal. 

And I'm not convinced that Bolts has that much match day nous.

What would you do then lethal?

Reply #55
Gibbs Murphy and Cripps all missed absolute sitters. Cas kicks 2 misses 1 and people talk about Casboult's miss.

Reply #56
This will be our last Friday night game for forever.

Reply #57
What would you do then lethal?

For starters, I would instruct the team to play on much faster. Create as much forward momentum on the ball as possible.

Reply #58
We won't turn the corner properly whilst Murphy is captain. I actually think we should trade him. He is completely unwilling to tackle. His sore shoulder obviously impact his capacity there but you can't have a half dip as a captain. You have to be uncompromising.

He is not that.

He takes half steps to avoid getting into a position to tackle and only puts in a token effort when he is asked to tackle. You can potentially cover that but not from your captain.

We need to move on.

I noticed that too against the bombers but it worked to good effect

Reply #59
Boys on Fox Footy being very positive about the youthin their comments on the Blues at half time, pumping up the tyres a bit