Skip to main content
Topic: Kreuzer VS Warnock VS Wood - How Will This One Play Out ?? (Read 93507 times) previous topic - next topic

Kreuzer VS Warnock VS Wood - How Will This One Play Out ??

Hampson goes, Wood comes in to join Kreuzer & Warnock in our ruck division.

All three have different strengths & weaknesses and suit different situations. However, they are not all going to play at the same time so how is this 'new' ruck war going to play out ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: Kreuzer VS Warnock VS Wood - How Will This One Play Out ??

Reply #1
Well for starters Wood is on the rookie list and will only play if there is a long term injury to either Kreuzer or Warnock..

In the meantime Kreuzer and Warnock will both play in the same team...  /thread.  ;)

Reply #2
What's to say that there is a long-term injury to any of the other players and Wood gets upgraded in his absence ??

Reply #3
Then Kreuzer or Warnock would have to be in poor form for him to get a gig..  He is a back up for when our 1st two either get injured or lose form...  But then we also might just go with Casboult, who can play forward..  

Reply #4
We play Kreuzer as much as we normally do and come the end of the year, trade him for a decent key forward.

Keep Warnock and Wood and try and pick up another wood-type cheap ruck to cover the Kreuzer trade.

As for who plays and when, base it on nothing else other than form. Competition breeds improvement.

Reply #5
We play Kreuzer as much as we normally do and come the end of the year, trade him for a decent key forward.

This. If he doesn't come one or is plagued by injury once again. Although he did show his loyalty to the club in his last contract renewal. Kind of seems a little harsh.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
Wood couldn't cement a spot at Brisbane or Collingwood, played a reasonable season in the VFL and kicked a goal in a NAB Cup game and he's challenging Kreuzer and Warnock for a spot in the 22?   :o
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
Wood couldn't cement a spot at Brisbane or Collingwood, played a reasonable season in the VFL and kicked a goal in a NAB Cup game and he's challenging Kreuzer and Warnock for a spot in the 22?   :o

Trade him away before he is completely written off by this club. He has had the fork in him for a while and is considered completely cooked. Do we need another Waite in the club for the next 5 years or so ? This is what most people are honestly thinking here. Not myself, but many here do. Start talking to GWS and GCS players and pinch one of their best forwards and offer Kreuzer up along with a second rounder. It will be one less hole to plug, and he can whip us back in return when he plays against us, to show us what we really lost. We will still have world beater Wood in the squad. ???
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #8
Wood is ex Collingwood and a Malthouse inspired choice......I think he will be given every chance to be promoted and play seniors.
He was probably the best ruck in the VFL last season and I would expect him to dominate mots games he plays in the VFL.....

Wood can take a mark and is a straight kick when he gets a chance but his ruck work is inferior to that of Warnock and Kruezer.....maybe Capuano can improve that and make him a more complete player.

Reply #9
Wood is ex Collingwood and a Malthouse inspired choice......I think he will be given every chance to be promoted and play seniors.
He was probably the best ruck in the VFL last season and I would expect him to dominate mots games he plays in the VFL.....

Wood can take a mark and is a straight kick when he gets a chance but his ruck work is inferior to that of Warnock and Kruezer.....maybe Capuano can improve that and make him a more complete player.

I agree with all but the bit in bold, I think that is a bit unfair on several other ruckmen when you consider who was playing lots of VFL last season. Blokes like Warnock, Hampson, Grundy, Hudson, Stephenson, Witts, Simpson all played about 1/2 a season or more in the VFL and are probably better rucks. But as a forward/ruck option Wood was certainly superior.

If you said the best non-afl listed ruckmen then I would agree.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
"The Kreuzer Konumdrum"

There some people who believe we should trade Kreuzer, some who think he should play as a midfielder and others who reckon we should try him again at CHB.

His development & output is a major talking point now that Cotchin has turned into a bone-fide ball magnet and quality leader at the Tigers.

We needed to bring someone like Cam Wood into the club to assist in a back-up role but I'm concerned about Kreuzer and how much more he has to give onfield and around the ground. There is no doubting that he has the talent but he doesn't seem to have the aggressive character to go with it.

Could he end up being a genuine trade option at year's end or is that just silly thinking from those who are his biggest detractors ??   

Reply #11
Ive accepted that he is unlikley to reach the potential most expected. IMO its clear we should have taken Cotchin, and also clear that its dangerous take a ruckman with early pick. The problem now, is the investment trap, its far harder to part with something/someone/ideal in which youve invested heavily in for smaller return, because doing so means you have to accept a loss. I think he'll end up going nowhere because he wont command high value. I reckon the club will stick with him, abd with the exception of a few good patches,he'll slowly wind down in effectiveness with each season.

Its to late IMO, we should have acted earlier
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #12
He'll be one of the better ruckman in the game soon enough. Whether he'll be a great ruckman... hard call. Injuries seem to have the better of him ATM.

Getting rid of Hammer makes him untradeable if he wasn't before IMO

Reply #13
I reckon all 3 will be given all the chances they need. By season's end, or perhaps sooner, we'll know who will stay and who will go.

Wood's ability to catch the aggot and kick straight is a big up side. Neither of the other two can do that and one of them at least must start doing that this year.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #14
I reckon all 3 will be given all the chances they need. By season's end, or perhaps sooner, we'll know who will stay and who will go.

Wood's ability to catch the aggot and kick straight is a big up side. Neither of the other two can do that and one of them at least must start doing that this year.

Agree 100 percent.
Reality always wins in the end.