Skip to main content
Topic: Kreuzer VS Warnock VS Wood - How Will This One Play Out ?? (Read 94723 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Kreuzer VS Warnock VS Wood - How Will This One Play Out ??

Reply #30
I dont want to Crystal ball here, but we would be silly to make any guarantees on what we do with Kreuzer.

I.e.  We may be better off him leaving as a free agent (under current compensation) than trading him around for relatively less.

As a former number 1 draft pick, worse players than him have achieved good compensation than his current trade worth, and giving him till the 7 year mark (by my reckoning end of next season, or the season following) might be worthwhile.  Cameron Wood has never been anything special and I wouldnt be overly enthused with him taking Kreuzer's spot on the senior list at this stage.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #31
I dont want to Crystal ball here, but we would be silly to make any guarantees on what we do with Kreuzer.

I.e.  We may be better off him leaving as a free agent (under current compensation) than trading him around for relatively less.

As a former number 1 draft pick, worse players than him have achieved good compensation than his current trade worth, and giving him till the 7 year mark (by my reckoning end of next season, or the season following) might be worthwhile.  Cameron Wood has never been anything special and I wouldnt be overly enthused with him taking Kreuzer's spot on the senior list at this stage.

I think they are planning on scraping compensation for free agency.
Personally i think its a good idea. Clubs are displaying no loyalty to players if it feels they will get a good pick in return.

Reply #32
I think they are planning on scraping compensation for free agency.
Personally i think its a good idea. Clubs are displaying no loyalty to players if it feels they will get a good pick in return.

I agree, at the moment there is not enough risk for clubs to warrant them to get deals done early.

Get rid of the safety net and let the market determine what happens, I think you will find younger players being signed on for longer and given more time to develop. It may be the end of situations like the Scully incident.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
I just want Kreuzer to be the gun he (once) promised to be.......
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #34
I just want Kreuzer to be the gun he (once) promised to be.......

Me 2
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #35
If Cameron Wood was a batsman I reckon he would be padding up ready to come in....Warnock and Kruezer were held to a nil all draw with Lobbe and gave us nothing after 1/4 time...

Reply #36
If Cameron Wood was a batsman I reckon he would be padding up ready to come in....Warnock and Kruezer were held to a nil all draw with Lobbe and gave us nothing after 1/4 time...

Feck them both off as at minimum Wood can take a clincker up forward and convert. Piss the other 2 off before they cost us more losses.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #37

Feck them both off as at minimum Wood can take a clincker up forward and convert. Piss the other 2 off before they cost us more losses.

Warnock too one mark on the lead and had the sit on a player in the goalsqurae area but couldnt mark it...I reckon Wood would have taken that mark.
Its just hopeless having a player that tall who cannot take marks...I'd rather Wood or Casboult...

Reply #38

Wood is worse in the ruck than both of them, unless he has improved 50% Wood is only marginally better than Casboult or Rowe as a ruckmen.

But it is true that Wood is twice the forward target that either Warnock or Kreuzer are, and Wood is not easily disposed of in contests like Casboult and Rowe.

Malthouse is repeating the same mistakes of Ratten. We have no forward so he has tried to turn one of the league best stoppage players in Matthew Kreuzer into a marking forward. I suspect this is because MM is hypnotised by Warnock's first hand on the ball. But on a night like tonight you see why that stat is worthless. Lobbe was able to stop Warnock's effectiveness, and he did so without getting his hands to the ball, there is the real problem. A bit of tenderising and Warnock's brain switches off so much that he becomes predictable to opponents and easily manipulated by opposition rucks. They control where he hits the ball just by the way they jump at him! Further to that, once he becomes timid he cannot clunk a mark and we saw him beaten twice in situations any other player his height and weight would have dealt with easily.

Kreuzer might not be a great tap ruckmen but given an extended run on the ball he is ten times the stoppage value of Robert Warnock.

Unfortunately now because of our draft / trade decisions we have lost all flexibility in the ruck department. We will be praying for a long term injury which is a pretty piss poor plan for a football season, that is if there was a plan to start with and not just a panic!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
Too much slack between these 2. One can hit out, and the other can mark (when he isn't injured). So we end up with 2 players each with one half of value and another half of redundancy. What shiats me about Kruizer is that he cost us pick 1. At this moment I'd much rather play 206 and Wood, at least you've got a chance of winning hit outs, and the other providing a better chance of holding a mark and kicking a goal whilst providing relief in the ruck. can't keep going with this Kruiz experiment  for ever FFS
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #40
Warnock showed tonight that he is a crab !! For a guy with such height, he cannot take a mark and he is not effective enough around the ground.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #41
they are both crap - Kruezer and Warnock were both killed in the last quarter by No 23 from Port - a young ruckman

clean them both out at years end...

Reply #42
Only way Kruiz provides value, is if he ruck all day (with occasional relief from a forward) thereby allowing you to fill that second ruck spot with another player ie perhaps a runner or whatever (depending g on who your playing). But even leaving aside what we gave up to get him, if he's going to hold down a ruck spot on his own it stands to reason he's gotta first be fit to play. It's seems every year gets harder and harder for him to get out there in first place, let alone staying on field when he does. It's not working.

― Mark Twain

Reply #43
Only way Kruiz provides value, is if he ruck all day (with occasional relief from a forward) thereby allowing you to fill that second ruck spot with another player ie perhaps a runner or whatever (depending g on who your playing). But even leaving aside what we gave up to get him, if he's going to hold down a ruck spot on his own it stands to reason he's gotta first be fit to play. It's seems every year gets harder and harder for him to get out there in first place, let alone staying on field when he does. It's not working.

Kruezer is not a certainty any more..

cannot take a pack mark
cannot leap and tap ruck
good follower
kicking under pressure is average

Reply #44

Agreed, he must ruck or he is of diminished value. He has to get to the majority of stoppages to be of real value, but we don't have anyone to rotate him with any more. Perhaps MMs plan is to belt someone in the leg with a sledgehammer at training so he can get Wood into selection.
The Force Awakens!