Skip to main content
Topic: Kreuzer VS Warnock VS Wood - How Will This One Play Out ?? (Read 95014 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Kreuzer VS Warnock VS Wood - How Will This One Play Out ??

Reply #255
We have a winner.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #256
Yep its over for Warnock....Wood while no star is competitive and can mark the football a skill Warnock hasnt mastered, he is also a threat down forward.
Warnock needs trading out...

Reply #257
Why didn't he get a run before now is a question that needs answering.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #259
Our list management still leaves a lot to be desired. How do we not have a 20 year old ruckman on our list waiting to come on when these guys are gone? We'll end up hoping we can poach one.

Reply #260
Our list management still leaves a lot to be desired. How do we not have a 20 year old ruckman on our list waiting to come on when these guys are gone? We'll end up hoping we can poach one.

Whatever the reason why, invariably you cannot point to the past list management as that won't be an acceptable answer.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #261

Whatever the reason why, invariably you cannot point to the past list management as that won't be an acceptable answer.

Why would you? We had a 23 year old ruckman on the list. We had no need to have his replacement developing their game.

Reply #262
What are you questioning then?  List management or not make up your mind man!

You either recruit an 18 year old on slow heat or not.  Where is the replacement?  I won't say it, people get their knickers in a twist for believing the previous recruiters didn't cover their bases well enough.

Paul Hewson

Reply #263

You either recruit an 18 year old on slow heat or not.  Where is the replacement?  I won't say it, people get their knickers in a twist for believing the previous recruiters didn't cover their bases well enough.

I don't understand what us leaving ourselves exposed in the ruck in 2014 for 2017 and beyond has anything to do with past list management when we had ruckmen in their early 20s on the list?

Reply #264
Yep its over for Warnock....Wood while no star is competitive and can mark the football a skill Warnock hasnt mastered, he is also a threat down forward.

Gets a pass in his first outing. Needs to back it up for the rest of the season so I shall reserve judgement at this time.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #265

I don't understand what us leaving ourselves exposed in the ruck in 2014 for 2017 and beyond has anything to do with past list management when we had ruckmen in their early 20s on the list?

We had rucks at similar ages.  Today's 20 year old was two years ago's 18 year old recruit.  (or Sam Jacobs when we first got him).  Would start making a name for himself about next season and become a walk up starter in two years.  Closest we have is Watson, closest we had that we delisted was McCarthy.

He wasn't even a real ruckman. 

Paul Hewson

Reply #266

We'll get to 2020 and he'll still be blaming Ratts, just to take the piss.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #267

While the bell tolls for 206, Wood may not be the long term answer. Like SpecialK there are a lot of questions hanging over Woods head in regards to the ability of his knees and ankle surviving a full pre-season let alone a full season. In the past we should have pushed hard for Jenkins in the Betts deal, back then Jenkins was struggling in the Adelaide 2s and the price was about right, now he'd be a first round pick.

One thing is for sure, the next person who tries to post on here telling us 206s tap work is more important than the other 80% of stuff a normal ruckmen does will get rogered rigid! Goldstein smashed Wood in the tap, Wood was better everywhere else! ;) The same applied in the past to Kreuzer vs Warnock, Hampson vs Warnock and even Jacobs vs Warnock, Warnock's one trick just ain't enough!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #268
Wood actually looks like a ruckman, unfortunately  Warnock has always looked like a really tall skinny guy!!

Reply #269
The stats for those who care, LINK
The Force Awakens!