Skip to main content
Topic: Robin Williams Dead (Read 6449 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Robin Williams Dead

Reply #15
I have to say his comedy and interviews didn't do it for me but I was a fan of a number of his movie roles. I didn't see him outside that context but he always struck me as a gentle soul.

Reply #16
@Mav

Good Morning Vietnam was one of my favourite all time movies - I was still young during that war so it resonated, including of course the music. Still got the CD somewhere, must look it out and play it for old times sake.

My daughters love Mrs Doubtfire, thought it was hilarious.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
Could play a sinister role with aplomb as well: One Hour Photo & Insomnia.

Agree with others, thought he was at his absolute best in The Birdcage, was also very good in The World According to Garp.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #18
Wow One Hour Photo. That film is spooky. Which I guess means he played his role very well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
One of my all time favourites. It's funny how the passing of someone you've never met can still fill you with such grief. Shed genuine tears this morning.

Such a brilliantly talented and versatile actor, has been a constant source of entertainment throughout my life. Enjoyed many of his family oriented films as a kid, then grew to appreciate his dramatic edge as an adult. Dead Poets Society is and will always be one of my favourite films.

Events such as these just prove that no one is immune to debilitating depression and mental illness, no matter how happy or active they seem.

RIP Robin, I hope you find some peace now. Will be watching a film of yours tonight to reflect on your genius.

Reply #20
Depression is a terrible condition...RW passing away reminded me again of Paul Hester from crowded house and its true the saddest person in the circus is often the clown...here we had two very bright, witty, and engaging men on the surface who underneath were struggling with personal demons and its just so sad that have left their families to carry such horrible memories.
Just hope Robin Williams passing can save some lives and sufferers of depression dont follow his lead and can seek ongoing help...

Reply #21
Sad, sad news indeed. RIP legend. You will always be remembered as an entertaining great. I agree with Elwood as you make a very good point.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.