Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2020 Rd 7: Carlton vs West Coast - CANCELLED (Read 2211 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW 2020 Rd 7: Carlton vs West Coast - CANCELLED

1:10pm at home against the new girls on the block, the Eagles.

What appears to be an easy game against the lowly eagles could translate to a danger game if we take it lightly.

With % likely to decide finishing order in the finals, this week is one we must give our all. It has the potential to elevate us to a spot where we get a bye in week 1 of the finals.

Got a pretty settled lineup of late.
Question marks over Harrington.
IMO Edwards needs to deliver more and is potentially in danger of losing her spot.

AFLW 2020 Rd 7: Carlton vs West Coast at Ikon

Reply #1
The 2nd last round of the season has us playing the Weagles at Carlton at 1310 next Saturday.
Alas, we are NOT on TV. :( However, we will be going in hot favourites.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFLW 2020 Rd 7: Carlton vs West Coast @ Ikon Park - Saturday

Reply #2
Krudd, can you merge this one with my thread. It keeps saying I can't do it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
sorted

Reply #4
The 2nd last round of the season has us playing the Weagles at Carlton at 1310 next Saturday.
Alas, we are NOT on TV. :( However, we will be going in hot favourites.

As there won’t be any spectators at the ground, surely the broadcasters will do the right thing and have the game free to air ... or will they?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
One thing I have learned about AFLW is that predicting winners can be fraught.  However, on form this should provide us with an opportunity to improve our percentage and that may prove to be critical come finals.

That’s assuming the season is able to continue of course 🧐
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
As there won’t be any spectators at the ground, surely the broadcasters will do the right thing and have the game free to air ... or will they?

AFLW is free via streaming on their website.....so close enough.

Otherwise you can sign up for Kayo and you never have to worry about it again. ;)

Reply #7

Otherwise you can sign up for Kayo and you never have to worry about it again. ;)
I'll be signing up with Kayo this week. I much prefer seeing games live, but if it can't happen, then it can't happen. :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8

I have a Kayo subscription but, if folk can’t attend games, they should be able to get them free to air. 

I know that it’s not that simple but the government and the broadcasters should work something out.

Reply #9
I have a Kayo subscription but, if folk can’t attend games, they should be able to get them free to air. 

I know that it’s not that simple but the government and the broadcasters should work something out.

...and that just screws kayo out of subscribers.

There is no ideal solution to any of this. Members will most likely have to wear the costs of membership because it will bankrupt the club's if we don't. Is that fair on members?

Reply #10
I think this is all pretty subjective, from what I hear the season will be postponed or delayed as the AFLPA computer has said "no"!
The Force Awakens!

Re: AFLW 2020 Rd 7: Carlton vs West Coast - CANCELLED

Reply #11
This match has been cancelled!

As has our round 8 match against the dockers.

Instead, we will get a finals series with an extra 2 teams. That makes up for the 2 teams who were currently not in the top 3, but could've made it if results went their way.

Re: AFLW 2020 Rd 7: Carlton vs West Coast - CANCELLED

Reply #12
Disappointed we can't play Freo or the Weagles. We could honestly have earnt top spot.
Never mind, next year.
Live Long and Prosper!