Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 16 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 3864 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 16 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Hawthorn

Unfortunately Hawthorn appear to have developed quicker than I hoped. I still can't believe they gave away so much talent. However, they've played better than we have in recent times.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 16 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #1
Sicily banned for 3 games. Handy for us. Perhaps our luck is changing.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #2
Sicily banned for 3 games. Handy for us. Perhaps our luck is changing.
Yep...cant see them troubling us without him as their General down back. They are very young and cant afford to lose one of their few leaders. Got some tough kids in the midfield who will make life hard at times for our mids in terms of contesting but down back they are very light on for tall defenders and most on this forum wouldnt even know their ex Box Hill fullback by name.
They have some good smalls in Bruest and the underated Moore but I dont see Lewis worrying Weitering too much and I'd see this panning out a bit like the Gold Coast game but with a smaller margin eg 3-5 goals.
Only way I would see us losing this game is if we turn up thinking its easy with no effort required or we get some horrendous matchups happening...which we are very capable of sometimes.

Reply #3
Carlton have accepted the one match ban on Cottrell.....so at least one change to be made. Binns comes in.....or Dow into the 2

Reply #4
Carlton have accepted the one match ban on Cottrell.....so at least one change to be made. Binns comes in.....or Dow into the 2

Not sure Dow needs to go back to the 2s. He has shown a bit over the last couple of weeks as the sub to look like he belongs in the team.

Reply #5
Sorry frosty....meant Dow into the 22......definitely earned a shot.

Reply #7
Binns could be worth a go, even though Dow deserves more minutes. Hawthorn don't have star wingers; they're mostly youngsters. A good place to blood Binns.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
With Cottrell out I'd bring Binns and Dow into the 22 and give them both a good run.  Who to the subs vest  Not sure.

Reply #9
Weird situation really - a good win here and will go from bottom four to as high as 11th with a game out of the 8.

Reply #10
Weird situation really - a good win here and will go from bottom four to as high as 11th with a game out of the 8.

Yeah but the sky’s still falling.
🙄
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #11
Yeah but the sky’s still falling.
🙄
Yep, the more doubt and despair the fans read from the AFL media, the more confident you should be in the path we are on, the bulk of the current AFL media is anti-Carlton, they aren't just working against us, they are scared of a Carlton resurgence.

Our latent supporter base is the biggest in the country, bigger than the Filth or Wet Toast. We get it right, and we suck up the prime media slots and coverage, as well as the sponsorship dollars, the resource is finite, if people start putting the discretionary dollars with Carlton those dollars come from some other club's wallet!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Yep, the more doubt and despair the fans read from the AFL media, the more confident you should be in the path we are on, the bulk of the current AFL media is anti-Carlton, they aren't just working against us, they are scared of a Carlton resurgence.

Our latent supporter base is the biggest in the country, bigger than the Filth or Wet Toast. We get it right, and we suck up the prime media slots and coverage, as well as the sponsorship dollars, the resource is finite, if people start putting the discretionary dollars with Carlton those dollars come from some other club's wallet!
Thats hilarious.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #13
No Sicily really hurts them down back. Hopefully a chance for Charlie to get back to the top of the Coleman race and for us to build on the confidence from the GC win.

Flying over from Perth for this one so I'm banking on a win!!

Reply #14
Saw a little bit of the Dawks game v GC and have to say I'm a wee little bit more confident than I was last week. Dawks just seemed to be trying to minimise the damage. Played Will Day behind the ball for the entire 2nd quarter?? Strange tactics with one of their major ball winners. Didn't see how it went after halftime but wasn't a lot that I saw to cause concern.