Skip to main content
Topic: Hawthorn v Carlton -Post Match thread (Read 27073 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Hawthorn v Carlton -Post Match thread

Reply #75
The contracts are irrelevant. Are you telling me MM who was brought in as head coach and Saviour had zero influence over the choice of players, staff and coaches?

What do you mean the contracts are irrelevant?

I'm telling you that MM had zero influence over how much our players were paid, it was not part of his job.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Re: pM

Reply #76
Menzel has been one of the great disappointments of the season.

I don't usually give much attention to Garry Lyon's pronouncements but he made an interesting statement during the commentary.  Basically it was along the lines of ensuring that Menzel and Smith trained with Ed Curnow over the summer.  While there is merit in that, we could add a few other blokes to the Ed Curnow training camp.

As long as there's no footballs around, that is fine.

Reply #78
What do you mean the contracts are irrelevant?

I'm telling you that MM had zero influence over how much our players were paid, it was not part of his job.

But he had significant influence over who to choose and as such he also had significant influence over the process that determined their value! There is no way he can escape having some responsibility for those decisions! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #79
 I was very pleased to see Cripps sit Frawley on his butt with a very well executed hip and shoulder.  Frawley took his time getting up and then looked quite proppy as he jogged away.

We need our big bodies to make their presence felt and I suspect Bolton will be encouraging a more physical approach next season.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #81
But he had significant influence over who to choose and as such he also had significant influence over the process that determined their value! There is no way he can escape having some responsibility for those decisions! ;)

Malthouse wanted Daisy. No harm there.
McKay and co agreed to pay Daisy his 750k. If you have issues with his paypacket, direct it at the person who decided it!

Reply #82
McKay and co agreed to pay Daisy his 750k. If you have issues with his paypacket, direct it at the person who decided it!

Who is 'and co'? You mean Greg Swann?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #83
Who is 'and co'? You mean Greg Swann?

Yes, and the board who have to ratify such big contracts....and potentially whoever had Silvagnis role before he got there.

Reply #84

There's no way we're paying a classy outside runner more than our Captain, so how much is Murphy being paid?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #85
I know there isn't a great deal to discuss but how about leaving the Malthouse/Thomas/Swann debate to another thread  ???

Now, what did folk think of Cripps' bump on Frawley?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #86
McCarthy was next on list that year, we would have taken him if we had the pick.  I think we used it on Cripps instead.

Yes, we tossed up between the two. Plays alright McCarthy. Not an easy team to get a gig as key forward in. Be worth the chase.