Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting: Rd 15; Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 7519 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Jim Park Voting: Rd 15; Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #15
PS Crash I love your work on here, but how you can give Thomas a vote after that performance has me baffled. Just counting the days until his contract ends and we can move forward as a club....

Thomas was OK; not in my best but certainly not in my worst.

Sumner on the other hand . . .  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #16
Team - D

10 - Simpson
4 - Docherty
1 - Silvagni
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #17
Team E

5: Simpson
4: Curnow
3: Docherty
2: Byrne
1: Silvagni

HM:  Plowman, Gibbs and  Wright.

Reply #18
Thomas was OK; not in my best but certainly not in my worst.

Sumner on the other hand . . .  ::)

Sumner's game was interesting. Especially in the first half his effort and elite pace to put pressure on the opposition defenders was outstanding. I was at the ground and a lot of that hard desperate running was probably not seen on TV, but it was bloody impressive and caused multiple turnovers. He seemed to have less zip in the second half (like most of the team), and is probably paying for hardly having done any training or played any footy for the last 3 years. Give the guy a couple of preseasons and I think we have a real keeper here

Reply #19
Team e

Simpson 6
Docherty 4
Gibbs 3
Curnow 1
Phillips 1

Reply #20
Sumner's game was interesting. Especially in the first half his effort and elite pace to put pressure on the opposition defenders was outstanding. I was at the ground and a lot of that hard desperate running was probably not seen on TV, but it was bloody impressive and caused multiple turnovers. He seemed to have less zip in the second half (like most of the team), and is probably paying for hardly having done any training or played any footy for the last 3 years. Give the guy a couple of preseasons and I think we have a real keeper here

Yes, he certainly did a lot of running that probably would go unnoticed by TV viewers.  However, he only touched the ball six times and that is not good enough for a bloke who is part of our midfield rotations.  We need Sumner and others to step up and take some pressure off Cripps, Gibbs and Curnow.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21
Fair call, you are correct. Guess I just like players who i think are giving everything they've got, but does need to hurt the opposition more. Hopefully that develops, and soon!

Reply #22
Fair call, you are correct. Guess I just like players who i think are giving everything they've got, but does need to hurt the opposition more. Hopefully that develops, and soon!

Interesting to compare him to say Blair of the Pies who often seems more dangerous and always seems to kick important goals against us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #23
I'll finish this one at this point. If you do have some late votes, contact me and I'll update things.
Live Long and Prosper!