Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 16: In Game Angst: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 20789 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 16: In Game Angst: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #90
Stats for our rucks and forwards are damning...

Kreuzer laying heaps of tackles and that's about it. 

Entire forward line horrible, NFI.

I thought our defence did well at times considering the ball movement into that zone and the %)%)ed umpiring which made life bloody hard for our blokes.  Plowman showed that Jenkins is a wannabe $750 000 sheep dog.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #92
Mods, let's lock this and move over to the post game thread.

Reply #93
No, I guess not.

Anyway, glad that's over.

Does anybody else think our team selection may involve a little tanking ?

Nope, our VFL team got smashed again and by the reports on here the best players there in the last few weeks have been Tutt and Dick.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #94
Just too many non contributors today. Lamb, Everett, walker, casboult.

Midfield soundly beaten courtesy of an arm chair ride through their rucks. Liked sumners game, still doesn't get enough of it but looks likely. Cripps is a non event when the ball spreads, worried.

I'd rest weitering too. Just looks cooked.

Reply #95
Nope, our VFL team got smashed again and by the reports on here the best players there in the last few weeks have been Tutt and Dick.

I was thinking more in terms of the two ruckmen v jones/casboult.

Reply #96
Our club is as low as it can get, you know that is the case when Frankston pumps your development league team.

No wonder the membership is floundering.

VFL Development League Ladder. Frankston were win-less before they bettered the NBs Devs by ten goals!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #97
I was thinking more in terms of the two ruckmen v jones/casboult.

Our key forward options as of today are Casboult, Jones, Jaksch and Everitt, which speaks for itself.
Jack Silvagni's only 191cm but he's still only 18 so there's some hope, is growth hormone on the banned list?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #98
Our club is as low as it can get, you know that is the case when Frankston pumps your development league team.

No wonder the membership is floundering.

VFL Development League Ladder. Frankston were win-less before they bettered the NBs Devs by ten goals!

Says lots for the last 3-4 draft periods, no wins at any level again this week, no players emerging etc

Reply #99

Says lots for the last 3-4 draft periods, no wins at any level again this week, no players emerging etc
The draft has been a graveyard for us for well over a decade, even when we drafted Kreuzer, Murphy and Gibbs they were the only three players in those years who made any sort of careers for themselves, our second, third and fourth round picks have been total wipeouts.
Add to that first rounders like Lucas, Watson and Bootsma and it's no wonder that our list is thin.

Reply #100
The draft has been a graveyard for us for well over a decade, even when we drafted Kreuzer, Murphy and Gibbs they were the only three players in those years who made any sort of careers for themselves, our second, third and fourth round picks have been total wipeouts.
Add to that first rounders like Lucas, Watson and Bootsma and it's no wonder that our list is thin.

Then there was Patrick Cripps.

I think post Rogers and co, things are starting to turn around, but poor culture, poor recruiting and poor development pretty much stuffed the club and this is why we are in the situation we're in.

Reply #101
Then there was Patrick Cripps.

You're bound to hit one sooner or later, we would have done better with a dart board.