Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 16: Carlton vs Sydney at Metricon (Read 11492 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 16: Carlton vs Sydney at Metricon

Reply #15
SPS had a good game tonight.
Walsh was just a machine.
Wrapped for Cottrel
Newnes got a boost from his matchwinner so hopefully Cottrel gets the same.

The forward setup, and delivery to it, is still a shambles.

Reply #16
Fair mark and goal by Cottrell, could have been hammered in that contest going back with the flight.  Gotta love a bloke who really wants to win for the jumper bad... Seriously bad.
Bit of Robbo about Cottrell.. never looked like a player at U18 level but really belongs at senior footy.
Tick SOS...

Reply #17
Tick for Cottrell and another for TdK.   A massive cross for MacGovern.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
I think we now accept that the TDK/Levi combination should be used whenever possible. Pitt has been a great backup but TDK is really something special. He isn't going to be something special HE IS something special. Levi plays much better when he's changing ruck so unfortunately that means Pitt is out, unless we decide he replaces McGovern. What a terrible, terrible pick-up he has bean. He was actually worse than Darcy Lang tonight. That is saying something.
Walsh, magnificent. Ed takes another scalp. Did not even notice Parker tonight and I rate him. Back-line was magnificent. Even SPS was fantastic tonight. How does he play so badly last week and put in like that tonight?  Back-line SAVED us the game. Won the game, somehow, with a heap of contested possession and repeat entries. Far out. Any chance we can just win a game comfortably?

Reply #19
Plowman was terrific tonight imo. Took Papely and again was asked to mind the most dangerous forward.

Walsh is very close to an A grade mid. Work ethic and overall desire to push himself is staggering for a bloke in his second year. Blokes like Dow, Obrien, Cunningham and even SPS would be completely different footballers if they had this young mans heart. Future captain.

TDK will be our Nic Nac. Not only is he mobile and agile he is a thinker and good user in congestion. Massive future.

Ugly win but getting the points against a well coached defensive team after being 39 points down is a big positive and wouldn’t be an easy task but we stick at it and ran over them. Kicking into 50 is still very much below par.

Reply #20
Walsh would be worth a LOT on the open market.  Stunning young kid

Reply #21
Sps played his best game for the year.  Lots of critical contests.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #22
Plowman was terrific tonight imo. Took Papely and again was asked to mind the most dangerous forward.

I said earlier today that if Plowman played for Richmond he'd be in AA contention.

Games like tonight prove it.

Reply #23
I think we now accept that the TDK/Levi combination should be used whenever possible. Pitt has been a great backup but TDK is really something special. He isn't going to be something special HE IS something special. Levi plays much better when he's changing ruck so unfortunately that means Pitt is out, unless we decide he replaces McGovern. What a terrible, terrible pick-up he has bean. He was actually worse than Darcy Lang tonight. That is saying something.
Walsh, magnificent. Ed takes another scalp. Did not even notice Parker tonight and I rate him. Back-line was magnificent. Even SPS was fantastic tonight. How does he play so badly last week and put in like that tonight?  Back-line SAVED us the game. Won the game, somehow, with a heap of contested possession and repeat entries. Far out. Any chance we can just win a game comfortably?

If we are to win one big it HAS to be next week, to make up percentage, if we are to be some finals chance. That ship probably sailed last week but one has to give themselves whatever chance there is.

Reply #24
It's ironic that a game that was shaping to be our worst for the year could turn out to be our best?

Reply #25
Yep credit to Plowman and SPS who had two of the best games I have seen them play.
Some other bloke called Weitering was very decent too.. must be AA.
re:McGovern.. unsighted, did he have a kick? was he injured, saw Martin on the bench injured..

Reply #26

Walsh is very close to an A grade mid. Work ethic and overall desire to push himself is staggering for a bloke in his second year. Blokes like Dow, Obrien, Cunningham and even SPS would be completely different footballers if they had this young mans heart. Future captain.

TDK will be our Nic Nac. Not only is he mobile and agile he is a thinker and good user in congestion. Massive future.

Ugly win but getting the points against a well coached defensive team after being 39 points down is a big positive and wouldn’t be an easy task but we stick at it and ran over them. Kicking into 50 is still very much below par.
Some of those decisions inside 50 going towards goal later in the last qtr. Either wrong option or kicking too low and amounted to nothing. At that point I was happy to take a point and be in front. Worked out in the end but made it hard for ourselves.

Reply #27
I don’t know what to make of that.  Normally a glass half full guy.   Terrible kicking in general and horrible with the last kick inside 50.    Made McCartin and Melican look like Alex Rance and Jeremy McGovern.   50 inside 50’s.

Reply #28
There would be one guy sitting at home in Melbourne feeling very vindicated tonight. I think he would've loved that celebration of Cottrel but more so the mark and kick. Well done SOS.

Reply #29
Yep credit to Plowman and SPS who had two of the best games I have seen them play.
Some other bloke called Weitering was very decent too.. must be AA.
re:McGovern.. unsighted, did he have a kick? was he injured, saw Martin on the bench injured..
Gov can't play next week. He best be working on that fitness over summer.