Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Possibilities: AFL Rd 7: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 21015 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Possibilities: AFL Rd 7: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #15
Sadly, my sources have both Simpson and Kreuzer out for 4 weeks. Not too upset about Simmo, but the big fella is shot even after this latest setback I'm afraid.
Have to go back to Phillips I guess as the direct swap and I'm hoping Williamson for Simmo. If Charlie is back I'd look at dropping Obrien. Maybe Stocker in as the wildcard for Ed?
We loose this one and Bolton will be just about cooked.

Reply #16
Sounds like an abductor injury for Kreuzer which would definitely rule him out. If Charlie gets up, could we look at rucking Casboult with Harry as backup instead of bringing Lobbe or Phillips in?

Stocker, Williamson and Kennedy in for mine with Simpson/Newman out if injured and probably O'Brien as well? Plowman probably only saved if Simpson and Newman are both outs. His form on the weekend was diabolical....got lots of the ball but turned it over way too often for an experienced bloke.
Thats gonna hurt our chances of winning...alot! :( Tractor was instrumental in that first half. None of our other ruckman come close.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
I think Fisher and SPS can well look after themselves - LOB, Dow and Walsh different stories....

Setterfield should come straight back in - he's a big unit!

Ziebell and Cunnington are not fast, it might be the perfect game for the bigger bodied SoJ to get a run in the middle.

I agree about Setterfield, if he's fit he is in, Fisher, sMurph and SPS should be working outside and leaving Ziebell and Cunnington chasing them!

What about Higgins?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
Ziebell and Cunningham are not fast, it might be the perfect game for the bigger bodied SoJ to get a run in the middle.

I agree about Seterrfield, if he's fit he is in, Fisher, sMurph and SPS should be working outside and leaving Ziebell and Cunningham chasing them!

What about Higgins?
You mean Cunnington
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
Thats gonna hurt our chances of winning...alot! :( Tractor was instrumental in that first half. None of our other ruckman come close.

Amos said on SEN he's a fair chance to play....(but we've heard that before)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #21
How long is it since we've played a side below us on the laddder?

Reply #22
Amos said on SEN he's a fair chance to play....(but we've heard that before)

You can play with an abductor if you can run in straight lines and not jump or change direction, Fevola no problem, but it's hard to see a ruckmen like Kreuzer playing with an abductor strain!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #25
Sadly, my sources have both Simpson and Kreuzer out for 4 weeks. Not too upset about Simmo, but the big fella is shot even after this latest setback I'm afraid.
Have to go back to Phillips I guess as the direct swap and I'm hoping Williamson for Simmo. If Charlie is back I'd look at dropping Obrien. Maybe Stocker in as the wildcard for Ed?
We loose this one and Bolton will be just about cooked.

Yep its not often we will be playing a team where we are clear cut favorites and expected to win and probably win well, I think those changes are on the money.
Its just a real pity about Kreuzer and I cant see him playing, Goldstein isnt the player he was and a break even performance from Philips and Casboult is all we need IMO.
I cant see us losing based on form and logic, North are terrible, Brad Scott is under the pump and in more strife than Bolton IMO.

Reply #26
Nothing better this weekend if we can smash Norp, before sitting back to watch the Handbaggers bitch slap the CheatsFC on channel CheatsTV Free to Air!

Please please Footy Gods!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
Kruz 1 week !!!!
The other two at least 3 weeks ....
According to the injury update on CGC website..

Reply #29
Chances of winning just took a big hit.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?