Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game preamble: AFL 2020 Rd 6: Carlton vs ??? (Read 5839 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game preamble: AFL 2020 Rd 6: Carlton vs ???

Reply #30
Back to this Sunday's game...

Just saw an awful sight that filled me with pessimism toward Sunday's outcome. I watched the boys training up north in the sun and there was Barker giving players instructions... 😭 😔 😔
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #31
Back to this Sunday's game...

Just saw an awful sight that filled me with pessimism toward Sunday's outcome. I watched the boys training up north in the sun and there was Barker giving players instructions... 😭 😔 😔

Hopefully, Johnny has explained to Teague that we need plans to cover Cripps and Docherty being tagged ... and I don't mean shifting Cripps forward or relying on the other mids to fill the void.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #32
Can we please stop hijacking threads with Covid stuff please.

Absolutely!  We have a perfectly good COVID thread and it's a pain in the butt moving posts  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #33
Lin Jong, Bailey Smith, Laitham Vandermeer, and Hayden Crozier all definitely or highly likely to miss, Lachie Hunter highly likely to return.

Handy outs which will definitely help our cause.

Reply #34
.....and Hunter has to be underdone.

Reply #35
As long as we take them seriously, not just allow their mids to run around on their own! That was one of the things that irritated me so much about our football under Bolts.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #36
Can we please stop hijacking threads with Covid stuff please.

Sorry, this site is very hard to navigate around.

I didn't realise this was being posted in the pre game thread!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #37
As long as we take them seriously, not just allow their mids to run around on their own! That was one of the things that irritated me so much about our football under Bolts.
Given their previous few weeks the Dogs have used Bontempelli as the tagger rather than trying to free him up so I would expect him to go to Cripps and maybe rotate with Macrae. Libba will get Walsh IMO and I would expect Martin to attract a tagger as well.
We need to make sure we dont let players like Daniel, Lipinksi, West to slip under the radar and run around with no attention...

Reply #38
.....and Hunter has to be underdone.

LH lives very close by. Keep running into him walking his golden retriever.

He always looks very sheepish!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #39
Ask him if he knows any good panel beaters.

Reply #40
And no Naughton helps too. Just saw the team lists and Fisher one of 4 potential ins alongside Kennedy, Polson and Moore....so no Jack Silvagni again. Surely Polson and Moore are miles off getting a game...unless there's an injury or two that aren't being revealed? With some half decent ball movement we should be able to take advantage with McKay, McGovern AND Casboult up forward. Might be that Betts is rested for this one.

Reply #42
And no Naughton helps too. Just saw the team lists and Fisher one of 4 potential ins alongside Kennedy, Polson and Moore....so no Jack Silvagni again. Surely Polson and Moore are miles off getting a game...unless there's an injury or two that aren't being revealed? With some half decent ball movement we should be able to take advantage with McKay, McGovern AND Casboult up forward. Might be that Betts is rested for this one.
Perhaps they are getting ready to rotate players through the 5 day turnarounds that are about to begin.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
Backs: Sam Docherty Liam Jones Lachie Plowman
Half-backs: Tom Williamson Jacob Weitering Sam Petrevski-Seton
Centreline: Jack Newnes Patrick Cripps Marc Murphy
Half-forwards: Sam Walsh Levi Casboult Michael Gibbons
Forwards: Will Setterfield Jack Martin Eddie Betts
Followers: Marc Pittonet David Cuningham Ed Curnow
Interchange from: Kade Simpson Harry McKay Mitch McGovern Matthew Kennedy Zac Fisher Sam Philp Cameron Polson Callum Moore

Newnes needs to do more, I think. He isn't getting enough of the ball. However, he isn't making a lot of mistakes either. But if he only gets it 12 times, he isn't providing drive.
H has to be under the pump. He hasn't been doing much. Moore just might get a game because he does the negative things and helps to keep the ball in the forward line. I am not overly impressed by him as a player, but when H and the Gov are not doing the job, we would be stupid not to consider our options.
It will be raining on the Gold Coast: is that a reason to bring in Kennedy? he has been playing well for the 2's.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #44
Backs: Sam Docherty Liam Jones Lachie Plowman
Half-backs: Tom Williamson Jacob Weitering Sam Petrevski-Seton
Centreline: Jack Newnes Patrick Cripps Marc Murphy
Half-forwards: Sam Walsh Levi Casboult Michael Gibbons
Forwards: Will Setterfield Jack Martin Eddie Betts
Followers: Marc Pittonet David Cuningham Ed Curnow
Interchange from: Kade Simpson Harry McKay Mitch McGovern Matthew Kennedy Zac Fisher Sam Philp Cameron Polson Callum Moore

Newnes needs to do more, I think. He isn't getting enough of the ball. However, he isn't making a lot of mistakes either. But if he only gets it 12 times, he isn't providing drive.
H has to be under the pump. He hasn't been doing much. Moore just might get a game because he does the negative things and helps to keep the ball in the forward line. I am not overly impressed by him as a player, but when H and the Gov are not doing the job, we would be stupid not to consider our options.
It will be raining on the Gold Coast: is that a reason to bring in Kennedy? he has been playing well for the 2's.

Moore is a worker and doenst have the talent of McGovern but the pressure has risen on McGovern in the media from people like Mark Maclure and he might be getting a holiday. Easton Wood is the intercept king and the Guv never chased or manned Wilkie last week and it cost us and Moore or Kennedy might come in to replace him.
Polson....tackles well but offers little else..