Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 6: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 7832 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 6: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #75
Guess which player on Adelaide's payroll has kicked the most goals this season?.....Eddie Betts!

Reply #76
The knock on Matt Kennedy has been that he was too slow. He was anything but on Sunday, spreading with the best of them. Whether it is a loss of weight, ankles working properly or whatever, but he showed good pace on the weekend.

oops, wrong spot! deleted.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #78
Guess which player on Adelaide's payroll has kicked the most goals this season?.....Eddie Betts!

Love it. Finally the Crows are paying overdue dues to the Blues 💙
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #79
Has there been any talk of the "studs up" incident?

I wondered that too. I was filthy about it. When I checked afl site 🦗🦗🦗🦗

Left me with a dislike of that fuzzy hair fella
Henry Ford.

Reply #80

"The inside-50 differential was in our favour but their effectiveness was off the charts."

Luke Beveridge

Hard to believe but true.

Simply no denying or hiding from those stats. No matter which way you slice and dice 😉
Just the same, it's pleasing to be publicly acknowledged by the coaching fraternity. Hopefully this is the beginning of the new dawning where we become a respected club once more.

Early days but heading in the right direction. Oh and maybe, just maybe, the rebuild hasn't been a complete shambles, like many suggested 😊

Go Blues
Henry Ford.

Reply #81
Simply no denying or hiding from those stats. No matter which way you slice and dice 😉
Just the same, it's pleasing to be publicly acknowledged by the coaching fraternity. Hopefully this is the beginning of the new dawning where we become a respected club once more.

Early days but heading in the right direction. Oh and maybe, just maybe, the rebuild hasn't been a complete shambles, like many suggested 😊

Go Blues
All the extraordinary numbers being touted are basically built on 3 straight kicks from or just outside the 50M arc.

But even if we'd missed some or all those shots, we still probably looked the likely winners, it wasn't about straight kicking we were all over the Dogs at stoppages and in general play.

Bevo is trying to paint it as "How unlucky are we, they kicked straight like never before and might never again!"

Bevo's men weren't unlucky, they were outplayed!

We've seen some pretty pathetic commentary from AFL coaches over the last few days, thankfully not from our bloke!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #82

Go Blues

At our stage it'll be two steps forward, one step back, sometimes frustratingly, but it means we are still going forward in the right direction.

Reply #83
The Dogs put a lot of pressure on our back half, which we were great in absorbing and maintaining composure.  There was a pick up by SPS that was sublime, however, the kick that followed wasn't!

There was a Kennedy highlight, where he roved the centre bounce tap to perfection at full pelt - I think we kicked a goal from it.

The pressure in the forward half was great - took our time and didn't always bomb away.  Keath played a really good game for them and got in the way of a few goals, but our forward line worked really well - as it has shown a few glimpses of this year.  The three tall forwards allows for one to come up the ground and present as a target while still leaving options at home.

I can't remember the last time that I watched a game where we were three goals up and then kicked away (I didn't see Dogs' game last year) - it was good just being able to kick back and enjoy the last 10 or so minutes.

Reply #84
[1] My God, the Dogs got some terrible frees! Especially in the 2nd quarter. Cost us goals, even with the great pressure from our players.
[2] Fair dinkum, the Dogs complain to the Umps on the field when they don't get a free! Especially Bontempelli. "Why wasn't it my free" after every contest!
[3] Kennedy's kicking still needs work. Same with Walsh, I guess, but just about every possession Walsh got was under pressure.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #85
Has there been any talk of the "studs up" incident?
That was not a pretty sight. The Ump claims he was un-sighted, according to the Fox crew. Not good, especially for a guy who had barely had a sniff at that point.
It was a quarter where we were very hardly done by.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #86
That was not a pretty sight. The Ump claims he was un-sighted, according to the Fox crew. Not good, especially for a guy who had barely had a sniff at that point.
It was a quarter where we were very hardly done by.
Not even mentioned by match review?

Reply #87
Not even mentioned by match review?
Not heard anything. Pretty ordinaire.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #88
Just on the umpiring.
Can someone enlighten me on the blocking free against Newnes?
Can't recall what q, but it was in the center of the ground. Looked to me like 2 players going at the ball.
Henry Ford.

Reply #89
Shocking umpiring. Touched balls paid as marks.
Live Long and Prosper!