Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 6: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 7821 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 6: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #90
Shocking umpiring. Touched balls paid as marks.

Yes. That was astounding. The umpire called touched and then did nothing when the dog ignored his call. Effectively overriding the umps call. I think the dog took a set shot iirc. Unbelievable 😲
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #91
Q3?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #92
Can't recall what q, only the incidents:
- Newnes pinged for blocking
- Studs up injuring Samo
- touched ball i50 for dogs, overruled by the player
Henry Ford.

Reply #93
Can't recall what q, only the incidents:
- Newnes pinged for blocking
- Studs up injuring Samo
- touched ball i50 for dogs, overruled by the player

I also recall those first two events and the resultant poor umpiring. As for the third one, talk about the umpire falling for the old 3 card trick... Dishlicker touches aggott off the boot, sees team mate mark it, says he didn't touch it... umpire falls for it... FFS!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #94
Ordinary umpiring it may have been, but I did enjoy this game. It was brilliant to beat them like that.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #95
Q2 10:40 remaining
Newnes pinged for blocking
Henry Ford.

Reply #96
Q2 8:15 remaining
Boundary line. Kennedy head / hands over ball. Richards kicking in danger 🦗🦗🦗

Yep. Lots of learning for the glow worms 😏
Henry Ford.

Reply #97
Just on Martin, has anyone watched his kicking action closely? It is close to perfection I reckon. There was a training last week (cant find it now) but it had Martin kicking for goal in slow motion, absolutely brilliant.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #98
Just on Martin, has anyone watched his kicking action closely? It is close to perfection I reckon. There was a training last week (cant find it now) but it had Martin kicking for goal in slow motion, absolutely brilliant.

Yep nice style and ball drop...like his marking too, he isnt overly tall but has a nice pair of hands and has good anticipation.
Teague has a nice balance of midfield and forward time working with him too. Combines well with Eddie and Gibbons and
has really surprised me with his coolness in traffic, never panics and usually hits up a player.
Getting him for free was a bonus, kudos to SOS....still cant figure out what GC were thinking?

Reply #99
Worst game from the umps i can remember seeing in a long time.

The ump that paid the mark was the same one that called it touched! Not sure if umps can get sent back to the 2's at the moment, but he's at the front of the line if you can.

There were countless others that gave me the $hits, have a look through the in-game thread to see a few highlighted.

Reply #100
Gotta say, just love that post game interview with Edwardo. All class and telling his young lad to get off to bed was a classic. Thank you and well done, Edwardo, on your game and post game comments.

Reply #101
Gotta say, just love that post game interview with Edwardo. All class and telling his young lad to get off to bed was a classic. Thank you and well done, Edwardo, on your game and post game comments.

Yet another of Eddie's admirable qualities - he keeps it real. Such a humble authentic person who is not caught up in the ego trap. Unlike so many folk in the industry. 
Henry Ford.

Reply #102
Amazing the difference in a game when you bring ferocity from the get go and sustain it. Everything else tends to take care of itself when you're the ones bringing heat and NOT trying to finesse.

Love Pitts' ability to handball quickly, in traffic and nail the target. Big plus and another thing we like about the big bloke.

How good and how confident was Meat when he drifted down back and took a couple of steadying marks followed by pinpoint foot passes.

I was one of the many who was critical of taking 3 tall forwards into the game... still wiping googie from face. Though, to be fair, Brackets at 191 cm is hardly a tall forward in the same way Meat (201cm) and H (204cm) are. Anyway, good to see all 3 delivered important contributions.

Wrapped to see Mr and Mrs Rubble's little boy Bam Bam do well. Brings a desperately needed hardness to the midfield.

Setters is gaining confidence and is improving a little each week. Yummy.

Only negatives for mine were, considering we were the dominant side, were the performances of Cuningham and Newnes. Again, Newnes made a few costly errors early on and for mine is just a depth player, much prefer to see a fit and in form Fisher on the wing. Though his goal was sensational. Cuningham cannot be relied upon... the bloke continues to be the AFL's most elite tease.

Reply #103
Hi Baggers 👋

I agree regarding Pitto, Setters, Bam Bam, and the big 3 forwards. I was sceptical going in so tall. Most impressive was the cohesion between the forwards.

Levi's maturity and capacity to play anywhere, and take responsibility for tempo is a real weapon. He can affect play on every line.

I was also impressed that our boys made sure their hits hurt. For so long, we've been the hunted. We looked like ruthless, well drilled hunters on Sunday 👏

Cunners is not consistent yet. Although he, and a few other with good disposal, did a great job linking up. Haven't seen this done so well and consistently for ages. Very pleasing.

The job now is to back it up against PA. A real challenge for players and coaches.

Go Blues
Henry Ford.

Reply #104

Eddie is really comfortable in the media spotlight now and he always takes the opportunity to give a positive message.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball