Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 7: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 5678 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 7: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #60
Big chance for Jack Martin to really make a statement this weekend! Can really stamp himself with a big game here.

Reply #61
I really need us to continue with our forwards trajectory with this game - if we revert back to how we’ve played or capitulate or don’t turn up to play, all the good feelings of last week will wane. 

If we give it a red hit go but fall short or they outplay is, so be it, but if we don’t turn up I’ll be very annoyed.

Reply #62
i reckon we were mid-late $2 odds, say $2.8 to win.

Pre game was all about how if the dogs win they'll be in 2nd. No air time given to us if we were to win, certainly no mention of us making the 8.

We surprised a lot of people last week. Would love to do it again.

Odds v dogs
Approx 1.45 to 2.80 as i recall

Regards any talk about us... it follows the age old pattern. If sh$& can be flung at us, it makes headlines. If it can't because we're behaving and our footy is ok.. 🦗🦗🦗

Near the end of dogs v Drugcheats last night, the question was asked. BT I think, asked how are the Blues positioned given our form v dogs. Discussion was brief but I'll take that.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #63
I cant help but feel the ball is in the players court. It's up to them how much they want it. They can say things like "we want to bring the club back to where it belongs" ie talk the talk. It's NOW TIME to walk the walk. Problem for me is that 3AW interview of Betts I posted on another thread, I couldn't help but notice the negativity in his words when ask if they could make the 8 and play finals. He said something like "we cant play to that level every week" in reference to the Bulldogs game and at the end said "I dont know". That's poor attitude and all between the ears IMO, actually sad to hear from a senior player like Eddie TBH. To perform well, you need to "want" and dream big. They need to realise and firmly believe, like us supporters, that if they are prepared to play like they did against the WB, they can mix it and beat anyone. Question is, do they REALLY want it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #64
I'm worried we won't turn up mentally.  We've plenty of form in this regard.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #65
An important litmus test. We usually match up well on this mob. We'll know soon. Go Blues!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #66
I'm worried we won't turn up mentally.  We've plenty of form in this regard.

Got it in 1. We will only have turned the corner when we follow up a good win and tyre pumping session with a top effort the next week. The form you speak of is all too familiar.