Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 9: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 5667 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 9: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #30
In the limited amount of time I have seen TDK he has been very impressive.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
In the limited amount of time I have seen TDK he has been very impressive.

H for Moore and TDK for Brackets... hopefully.

H apparently good to go so it should be a no brainer, normally you'd like to not have a bloke come in for 1 week only, but realistically Moore is just too big a risk to assume he'll suddenly improve and be good.

TDK is somewhat like Brackets in that he's pretty quick and mobile, is highly competitive and will give the Dawks something to think about... bit of X factor.

Then you could replace Moore with a smaller, quicker dude? Fisher maybe but the mood of his summary from the Magoos coach is he probably needs another game or two with them before being match ready.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #32
H for Moore and TDK for Brackets... hopefully.

H apparently good to go so it should be a no brainer, normally you'd like to not have a bloke come in for 1 week only, but realistically Moore is just too big a risk to assume he'll suddenly improve and be good.

TDK is somewhat like Brackets in that he's pretty quick and mobile, is highly competitive and will give the Dawks something to think about... bit of X factor.

Then you could replace Moore with a smaller, quicker dude? Fisher maybe but the mood of his summary from the Magoos coach is he probably needs another game or two with them before being match ready.

Maybe we "rested" McKay last week?

Isnt the fittest player on our list, and it could be with the truncated schedule and flight, we elected to give him a miss.

means hes touch and go, but probably more go than not.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #33
Harry for Gov, TDK for Moore. TDK was nothing short of brilliant in the practice game. Whenever he's no.1 ruck he is really good, just never got the chance often. NB's last year as no.1 ruck he dominated hitouts, got 30 touches and kicked goals, Won't be no.1 ruck right now if selected but we need to be playing him now if he's showing form.
I'd like to see that thanks.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
Team's in.

One change: A swap of Macs.

McKay for McGovern.

Reply #35
I'd rather see de Koning in for Moore, but ...
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #36
Harry in for the Gov, lets hope he is fit and can see out the game.
Hawks have four regulars back and look a much better team than last week. Ceglar and Bruest in particular are players
I'd rather not see playing so hope there are some late changes.
Not so confident , Hawks have copped some media spray this week and we need our lesser lights like Newnes, Kennedy, Cuningham to back up again.
Moore couldnt be any worse...or could he?....
This would be a good win if we can sneak over the line..

Reply #37
Moore gets another game?? Based on what? Terrible move.

Reply #38
Team's in.

One change: A swap of Macs.

McKay for McGovern.
Fair enuff. Moore gets another go, make a name for yourself son, aggression a plenty required this week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #39
How does Moore play ahead of De Koning?

Reply #40
Newbies tend to get a 2nd chance if you win their initial game......hope he doesnt ruck for too long.🤦‍♂️

Reply #41
Much rather see TDK on the IC bench than Moore. Leaving Moore in the side could bite bum big time.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #42
Firstly we dont know what they do so what may seem bizarre to us is not to them. Secondly, I think Teague and his MC are renowned for giving fellas they believe in every chance, they dont select blokes and drop them straight away necessarily. As bad as he appeared last week, there is method in the madness for giving him another crack. I would also guess its a little more complicated  this year without the reserves but I am sure they have put together appropriate KPIs (which we dont know about) that  players need to meet. TDK perhaps hasnt hit those yet and coupled with team balance may mean he doesnt get a crack this week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #43
Why can’t Honey make an emergency spot?

Reply #44
I'm going to puck if I have to listen to another excuse from Clarkson about why his team is under preforming. Fair dinkum its like the hawks are the only team that are in a hub and everyone else is playing in their home state and home ground.
Without jinxing us I hope we tear them a new one because its about time that someone proves that they need to start rebuilding like most other teams have and to shut the F...up

Go Blues.............