Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 9: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 5678 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 9: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #60
1.  The Hawks will be spitting fire.  They've been under the blowtorch for a while now and will be targeting us a circuit breaker, which in the past has resulted in us getting a first rate flogging.  Expect a gritty, congested game, and I think they'll have a got at trying to slice us open when they get a chance, even if that's not how they usually play.
2.  Moore was shizen last week, but I disagree with picking a bloke for 1 game and then dropping him, so he gets another go to show us what he's got.  We'll have a better idea about him in a few hours.
3.  Can't wait to see TDK in the seniors again, but Moore gets one more chance.
4.  I like that Fisher can't bust his way back in yet.  I think selection pressure might finally be in our favour, and I think it will be a reason we get the choccies.  There's blokes queueing up for a spot, longer than the lines for covid testing.  This fear of being easily replaced will be the reason we win.  Just...
5.  I barracked for Freo when they played the Hawks in granny a few years back.  I hate the Hawks.  Go Blues.

Reply #61
From the write up it sounds as though we are allowing scores from turnovers, and the Hawks are the worst at generating it.

Therefore, it will be at worst a contest that we should be in. 

Our mids dont pick up their men, you cant blame our backs when our mids have allowed the opposing mids more goals than any other team. Its been a problem for years that we just dont man up opponents and let chain goals happen.
One positive is that if BB is the 2IC and involved in match day moves and tactics we should have fewer problems as his tactical nous and ability to think through strategy and get matchups right under pressure wasnt great.
Mitchell and Omeara need tagging and both Bruest and Wingard need defensive stoppers not kick chasing backman who wont stick close..

Reply #62
totally agree with elwood our mids dont run hard enough no team defence look at pies (steele .pendles,adams.trelor)all get back in defence and help . Few years ago terry wallace called us downhill skiers and i agree . This is a reason why oppostion forward line is always open with space  .To way running is wats needed

Reply #63
From the write up it sounds as though we are allowing scores from turnovers, and the Hawks are the worst at generating it.

Therefore, it will be at worst a contest that we should be in. 

I read it as the Hawks are number 1 for forcing turnovers, they just don't capitalize.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #64
Moore was shizen last week, but I disagree with picking a bloke for 1 game and then dropping him, so he gets another go to show us what he's got.  We'll have a better idea about him in a few hours. 
In reality, Moore is replacing McGovern, whereas last week he replaced H.  I think he will be a lot more physical than McGovern and if he has any sense of wanting to impact a game, tonight is it.  I would think that he would have been embarrassed to be thrust into the winner's circle for his first game victory last week, when his contribution was zippo.

I agree with Tragic, I think we will find out a lot about Moore tonight, a hellva lot more than if we had dropped him.

Reply #65
It is odds on that they will target someone tonight.  Just not sure who..............

Reply #66
If it's close, I fear they are more experienced at either pinching it or icing it.
We need to get a good start, like we have the last few weeks. If there is a largish gap at qtr time I will be concerned. I want to win this game more than any, just because of the opposition. Win this one and it writes a piece about our future history. When you look back in time, you'll find a game that was the real turning point, like the Lions in 2001 when we humped them at PP by 12 odd goals early in the season, they went onto win every game after that including the first of 3 flags. We need that game, who better than to do it against than the recent Kings of the Jungle. We need a win and we need to do it in an intimidatory manner (to the masters of intimidation).
Dare to dream
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #67
It is odds on that they will target someone tonight.  Just not sure who..............
We should send someone up into their box to smack Clarko on the snozz for starters. 👹😁
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #68
We should send someone up into their box to smack Clarko on the snozz for starters. 👹😁

Setterfield is a young inexperienced guy who’s had a lot of press this week.  Clarko fodder......we need to stick together.

Setter field