Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 8: Carlton vs North (Read 14337 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 8: Carlton vs North

Reply #15
I wouldn't have put Murphy in there....which makes it even better to look at.
Agree Krudd. I'd go so far as to say his worst game for the year. Still better than maybe 6-7 others on the park. Our expectations for him have already soared.

Reply #16
We are obviously lousy judges, The Age has him our best!!!!

Reply #17
Yep, kudos to Doc. Raise the bat.

....and for gods sake pick a colourful boot. He is the only player out on the ground with black boots!  :-*

Black boots are reflective of Doc's footy ethos.
Keep it simple and suitable
Play for the right reasons
No frills, just hard work

Cheers to Doc 🍻🥂
Feel very fortunate the club has such an authentic, committed, skillful leader. Black boots and all 👌
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #18
I am perversely enjoying feeling dead flat after a win.....lol.

Forgotten what that is like...haha.

Reply #19
Give 22 yo Setterfield another 3-4 kg of muscle and add to his 28 games, and I think we have a genuine player. Just needs experience and a bit more strength.

Reply #20
We probably should have won by 3-5 goals, but conditions and player losses and inaccurate kicking cost us.

Won ugly, good sign.

Pitto was terrific in the last.

Cuningham did the cameo thing again, only this time his sublime skills in the wet were cameos that could well have been the difference.

Newnes confuses me. Liability in close and under pressure, yet chips in for invaluable opportunistic goals that are full of skill. Paradox.

Kennedy, Setterfield and Williamson coming along nicely.

Plowman, Simmo, Weitering... rocks.

Ed, Walsh, Martin... so important.

What's up with Crippa? Saw him take backward steps when confronted by the kid Smith against the Dishlickers, did it again last week when confronted... Crippa, when blokes push you in the chest, hold your ground and never step backward. Get in touch with your inner 'mongrel'. And please don't catch the Murphy disease of playing for frees.

Moore about as useful as an ashtray on a motor bike.

Brackets (inj) and Moore probably out for next week. H or TDK for Moore? Fisher for Brackets (depending on weather and matchups against the Dawks.)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #21
65 point turnaround v NM
Woohoo 🥳
That's progress right there to shake our psychological demons and come away with a win

I read (?? Source ?? accuracy) that we have 100% W rate when we kick the first goal.

If true, that's a fun fact for the day 😉
Henry Ford.

Reply #22
How many chances does SPS deserve?  And with that start, I'll take zero comfort from the win.

Reply #23
Pittonet was my BOG, you judge players on who they are playing on and Goldstein was the top rated player in the comp coming into the game. Murphy was ordinary IMO and nearly lost us the game, that marking contest with Polec was soft and if not for that dopey Pittard pushing Murphy over we would have been headed.
Cripps needs to mongrel up and stop being pushed around by hacks like Smith and Anderson........doesnt need Pittonet stepping in to help him out, he should have decked Anderson report or not.
Kudos to the following..Newnes, Plowman, Cuningham and Kennedy...a few whipping boys in that group who stood up when a  few more other notables didnt.
Moore proved he is a long long way off....very raw......and why he was rucking baffles me....NFI and Nth took advantage with him on Goldy brief as it was.
re: McGovern..started well with a smart tap to Gibbons but went downhill from there but appears to be injured so we will cut him some slack and leave him out of any reviews.
Happy to take the 4 points and move on, we got lucky that Cunnington and Ziebell didnt play or we would have lost IMO but you take your opportunities when they present themselves and while we should have played better Nth dragged us down to their gutter level which sometimes happens and to hang on courtesy of some of our lesser lights is a good sign.

Reply #24
Hi Baggers  :D

What's up with Crippa? Saw him take backward steps when confronted by the kid Smith against the Dishlickers, did it again last week when confronted... Crippa, when blokes push you in the chest, hold your ground and never step backward. Get in touch with your inner 'mongrel'.

Regards Crippa.
Agree, he's down a bit. Poor bugger though, when he flexed his muscles he got pinged today. Like the high fend off. Dusty does several throat crushes a week, including v Giants, and rarely pulled up. Go figure.

Anyway I hope Crippa's being well managed. The young brigade are certainly building nicely. Kennedy,  Setters, Cunners, Walshy and of course Martin 💥 thanks to support from the older boys like Ed (super season so far) and Murph.
That's the most pleasing part for me, and there's more to come in.
Henry Ford.

Reply #25
We led from siren to siren.

Not exactly getting out of jail. A few people need to have a bit more faith in Carlton of 2020. I know we've all been beaten into submission over the previous 2 decades....but the tide is turning.
We were leading by 5 goals against their VFL team.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
As a targeted player, Cripps has 1 free to him and 5 against.  😗
He gave a few away trying to play angry. The studs in his abdomen was a disgrace by the ump
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #27
The Brisbane Blues supporters were out today in the bad weather and were very vocal. I am from Brisbane but enjoying the sun in Palm Cove (27 today). Just my luck that Blues now off to Perth. Talk in Cairns is that will be Collingwood V Carlton in Cairns. Hope they play at the Gabba in front of the Brisbane blues supporters again.

Reply #28
We were leading by 5 goals against their VFL team.
As I said I thought we got lucky in those conditions that Cunnington and Ziebell didnt play but I'll take the 4 points...it wasnt one leg in the air but a win is a win and vs Nth its been a dry spell...

Reply #29
So many people here like to pot Plowman and Newnes and they both make simple errors at times but I thought they earned their stripes today. On the other hand Williamson flies under to criticism radar. Quite a few turn overs and a number of chaos situations that he didn’t handle well.
Everyone knows I am a Willo fan, been terrible for 2-3 weeks now
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th