Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pondering: AFL 2020 Rd 9: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 11951 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pondering: AFL 2020 Rd 9: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #15
Newnes keeps Fisher out. Moore plays ahead of... anyone. Our MC are on smack.
At least Newnes kicks goals, but Moore? The worse thing with his absolute non-impact is that when he goes into the ruck we go backwards@!

Reply #16
This mob beat us every time... Every single time,  and I'm over it.   Massive test tonight and a massive fail.

Callum Moore....we all called it after last week. Are our MC really that gullible?   Never again please.

We carry too many passengers when the heat goes on.   One wants another year.   Not on that effort. 

Officially over SPS.   Trade bait.

And we've got a problem with our captain... A big problem.   He looks glacier slow,  he's playing soft and he can't get involved.   There must be some issue because he's a shadow of the player he normally is.   Since playing the Saints he's been poor.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
Our games are so wildly fluctuating. Nearly every game has been the same.

Reply #18
It’s the narrative of these losses which is so demoralizing. Bet your bottom dollar that at least 3 or 4 games a year for over 10 years now have followed this template:
x rediscovered their mojo with a stirring win against the Blues ...
x snapped an x game losing streak with a breakthrough victory ...
Under enormous pressure, coach x pulled off a stunning win against the Blues ...

Well and truly over it.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #19
We missed Jed Lamb....lol.

Reply #20
Shameful performance and expect  Freo And WC to be harder

SPS played his worst game for the club, whilst Jones and Plowman reverted to making poor decisions at critical times. That’s 3 of our back six, so you’re on a road to nowhere.

Clarkson also beat us with pace in the front half with Impey, Gunston and Breust all far too quick for our defenders - A fast, strong, medium sized defender is a key recruiting area.

Cunningham, Setterfield, Kennedy, Betts not in the contest at the critical time.

Murphy was far too weak in the contest again and Moore is just a very average footballer.

Teague must make changes on match day when things aren’t going to plan. He’s far to slow to make a move. Cunningham into the middle, Kennedy forward, SPS forward, Betts into the middle for a centre bounce or two etc etc

Reply #22
We're the Domino's of the AFL... Whenever a club needs a cheap win,  just get the CFC in the fixture and we'll oblige with a weak effort.   Chuck in FTA (I acknowledge not tonight)  and it's just about a guaranteed win for whomever.

I'd back the Adelaide crows against us,  that's the kind of game this club continually loses.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #23
David King said last year we are the easiest side to play against. Not meaning we are the worst team but that we allow sides to play their brand against us. When Hawthorn are allowed to play like that they will cut you to pieces.

Time to move a few players on.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #24
We missed Jed Lamb....lol.

I know u were 99% joking but Jed had a mentality to dominate an opponent. That is something we've lacked for a long time.

And it shows on nights like tonight. There is zero mental strength. We need to import something. There is something just missing... spine.

Reply #25
SPS was completely exposed defensively today, if he can't cut it in the middle then we should trade him.

Murphy should just retire now.

Pittonet needs a rest or help. Was slaughtered by the two Hawthorn rucks.

Cripps needs to get back to basics and stop being a hero. He has gone from being the best in the comp to B grade this year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #26
Midfield refuse to man up, Stats show we have more goals scored by opposing mids than any other teams.
Hawks are treacle like for speed but kept getting on their own.
Agree on Plowman.. had a shocker, Williamson too was poor again and SPS weak at the ball.
The lesser lights who shone last week were also unsighted.
Moore's selection left us one short...
Midfield refuses to get down and dirty and win the farken footy. Manning up is thing of the past.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #27
At least Newnes kicks goals, but Moore? The worse thing with his absolute non-impact is that when he goes into the ruck we go backwards@!
Goodbye Callum, thanks for the fish
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28
Pittonet needs a rest or help. Was slaughtered by the two Hawthorn rucks.
Sorry Mad can't agree on that one. Thought he was one of our best again. Tap work was good, worked tirelessly and used the pill better than our so called "elite" ball users. Do we actually have an elite ball user?

Reply #29
Bitterly bitterly disappointed. This game
And opposition was a real chance to confirm where we are.

Really thought we had improved to a stage where this sort of performance was behind us. I was wrong.

I always compare our rebuild with the loins and hence why I get so frustrated at where they are in comparison to us. When loins were taking a jump up the ladder they crushed the weaker teams and blind freddie could see their improvement.

Thing with us is that we have been so bad for so long we suffering supporters misinterpret any improvement from horrible as if we are on our way to our next flag.

We are still miles off with a mentally weak and physically soft list guilded by you an unproven coach and many major pieces after 5 years rebuilding still missing.

Had a few close wins which has covered the cracks. 5 years on and miles off a top 8 list.

Gutted.