Skip to main content
Topic: Is it because Judd's back? (Read 6110 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it because Judd's back?

The last month has seen a big improvement.....
Is Mick's message getting through?
Have the problems caused by the poor pre-season disappeared as the season's progressed?

or......

Is it because Judd's back?
Is it that simple?
Just sayin' ;) :D

Re: Is it because Judd's back?

Reply #1
Fair point and I would say yes...having a bigger body around the ball who wins the ball in tight and then gets on the burst and breaks open play is what we lack when Judd doesnt play...

Reply #2
No.

Reply #3
No doubt Judd playing means at least one sometimes two of Murphy/Judd/Gibbs get off the leash.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
He's playing good footy and I think we walk taller when he plays.

He's not hindering us that's for sure.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #6

Enjoy the next few weeks, make an effort to see him live before the end of the year.

Reply #7

Enjoy the next few weeks, make an effort to see him live before the end of the year.

I had forgotten to mention this but have a close friend who see Chris a couple of times a year. Saw him after the north game and asked him will he be going around next year.

He answer was unless something goes horribly wrong between now and end of the year he is playing next year.

My mate reckons 100% he is playing unless he has a long term injury in next 4 weeks.

I tell you watching him limp off in the 3rd nearly bought me to tears!!!'

I thought that was the end.

Fingers crossed that's no major injury concern cause he is one player even in his twilight that excites more then anyone on our list.

Reply #8
I have to say, I thought it was all over when he limped off. It may take him some weeks to recover though

Reply #9
Judd = superstar. Amazing how the bloke misses half the year at his age and just walks in and dominates. Sort of makes a mockery of the no preseason argument.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #10
^^ He is part of the 5% who can probably get away without doing a solid preseason, and even playing hindered is not significantly reduced in his output.

In any case, on the topic I am torn.  We have shown similar form with him and without and likewise, we have shown as much ability to dissapoint both with and without him.  Having him influence the game when momentum is swinging is a boon that would be silly to ignore.

From memory he didnt play against Geelong.

Hawthorn was his first game back, and he was playing vs Sydney.  At the end of the day, its a mixed bag.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
^^ He is part of the 5% who can probably get away without doing a solid preseason, and even playing hindered is not significantly reduced in his output.

Yep
It varies from player to player.
The impact of missing a full preseason would be much less of an issue with someone like Judd who has years of training at the elite level in his system than it would be for a young player, say a Cripps or Johnson who should really benefit from the one coming up.

Henderson is a player who really seems to need a good preparation.

Reply #12
Our last 2 matches have been pretty good and I would put that down to having 18 players on the field with Warnock getting the chop.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13
I'm sure Judd is a factor, but I sure hope there is more to it than just him coming back into the team.

Judd sure is good to watch, next week he plays his 134th game for the Blues to draw level with the 134 he played with the Weagles.

It would take 2 more seasons for Judd to reach 300 games. I wonder if he is up for that challenge?!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #14
For me, personally, preseason shouldn't affect a player's ability to play well, only their ability to run out games.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!