Skip to main content
Topic: JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday (Read 71787 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday

Reply #15
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-02-26/jlt1-saints-name-near-fullstrength-squad

Be interesting with Dow and OBrien vs Coffield and Clark...Saints are not that great IMO apart from a couple of bogey players like Jack Stevens, Membrey who seem to like playing us, glad Billings is
out too. Very winnable game IMO and I expect a decent showing.....

Reply #17
Be interesting with Dow and OBrien vs Coffield and Clark...Saints are not that great IMO apart from a couple of bogey players like Jack Stevens, Membrey who seem to like playing us, glad Billings is
out too. Very winnable game IMO and I expect a decent showing.....

Agreed EB1.

Billings always plays like a man possessed against us...

I'm keen to see the new recruits, the draftees and the Garlett types, and their impact. And whether we will play a more attacking style.

And Big H, the 2018 monster version, in full flight.

They're going to find it hard to man up Levi, Big H and Charlie....

Carlisle will have to take Big H (do they have any other really tall defenders?), makes life a lot easier for Levi having two other key targets.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #18

Carlisle will have to take Big H (do they have any other really tall defenders?), makes life a lot easier for Levi having two other key targets.

I think that’s why we need to look at the 3 talls.  None are superstars (yet) 2 are still learning the game. Giving 1 of them the chance to line up on the 3rd banana gives them a chance to take advantage. Hopefully the 3 have been working on leading patterns.

Reply #19
Are members free??

Reply #20
I think that’s why we need to look at the 3 talls.  None are superstars (yet) 2 are still learning the game. Giving 1 of them the chance to line up on the 3rd banana gives them a chance to take advantage. Hopefully the 3 have been working on leading patterns.

That is going to be crucial.  If Teague is up to the job, we should have more system in attack and our three talls will complement each other rather than competing.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21
Looking forward to my 1st game at Princes Park!! It's only taken 40+ years!

I'm happy to see we've named a near full strength side, I hope to see some of the others in the VFL game prior too.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #22
Dow looks like he's got first crack at replacing Gibbs. Remarkable.

Hope Samo is fully fit despite his injury. Hope Harry goes well.

Reply #23
Dow looks like he's got first crack at replacing Gibbs. Remarkable.

Hope Samo is fully fit despite his injury. Hope Harry goes well.

If Dow is displacing SPS then we must have a special.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
Are members free??

Yes

On the 3 talls, I think more often than not it can cost you dearly on the rebound so I will be interested to see what happens in this instance, whether Harry and Cas can put enough pressure on the rebounding defenders to ensure their positive forward input isn't countered by a surplus of rebounding attacks from those defenders.

I hope that combo works, I would much prefer to see one of the 2 biggest guys playing quite a bit away from goals and think that is what will happen and it will almost certainly have to be Cas who plays further afield. This might not be an issue as he looks leaner this preseason. I doubt they would get H playing CHF with the injuries he has had, I think they would want to first just ensure he is up to the pace of AFL from FF.

Edit: The more I think about it, i think Cas will play forward and Curnow isn't really a 'tall'. So this might well work.
I am surprised Tommy, Cam P and Harrison  were unable to make the side.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #25
Members are free, subject to capacity.

Get there early!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #26
We'd want to put in a good showing with that squad.  No excuses.

Keen to see the next phase in our ball movement and offensive system.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #27
We'd want to put in a good showing with that squad.  No excuses.

Keen to see the next phase in our ball movement and offensive system.

Bookies?

Head to Head
Wednesday 28/02/2018
19:10 Carlton v St Kilda Markets (92)
Carlton 2.36   St Kilda 1.60
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #28
Bookies?

Head to Head
Wednesday 28/02/2018
19:10 Carlton v St Kilda Markets (92)
Carlton 2.36   St Kilda 1.60

If people are stupid enough to bet on a match in which the coaches might arbitrarily decide to place only 17 players on the field, good luck to them! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/he-has-a-bit-of-bravado-blues-hope-harry-mckay-can-make-the-jump-20180227-p4z1we.html

McKay has put muscle on what was a lean build - he is listed at 95 kilograms - and is said to be proud of this development.

"A picture was taken up on the Gold Coast (at training camp). We are not sure about the picture - it made him look massive - but he keeps showing it to everyone," Teague joked.

"He is pretty happy with that picture. I am surprised he is not handing out signed pictures of it."

8) 8)
Finals, then 4 in a row!