Skip to main content
Topic: JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday (Read 71868 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday

Reply #30
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/he-has-a-bit-of-bravado-blues-hope-harry-mckay-can-make-the-jump-20180227-p4z1we.html

8) 8)

Be interesting with Jake Carlisle likely to take big Harry...wonder if the bad blood with Marc Murphy might re-surface and how that affects proceedings....

Reply #31
Just pretend to inject yourself, that should stop any yap from Carlisle.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #32
Just pretend to inject yourself, that should stop any yap from Carlisle.

I suppose you could just wipe some of the boundary line or 50m arc under your nose as well! ;D

Maybe Carlton fans should give him the Hitler moustache sign with their index finger!

Every time he went near the pill I'd be telling him about the nearby white lines. :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
If people are stupid enough to bet on a match in which the coaches might arbitrarily decide to place only 17 players on the field, good luck to them! :o

Yes people are that stupid.

Reply #34
Whoever provided Crash with his inside info seems to be somewhat unreliable........ ;)
Must have been on illegal substances.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #35
Is anyone going to go tomorrow??  I'm thinking about it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #36
Dow looks like he's got first crack at replacing Gibbs. Remarkable.

Hope Samo is fully fit despite his injury. Hope Harry goes well.

What was Samo's injury jeza?

I think that side is strong, as are our opponents.  My guess is we'll use these couple of games to test run the newbies whilst enabling synergy to develop, and systems to be tested. I'm not worried about w-l so much as assessing and adapting. Bring on r1.....

All the very best of luck to all those donning the famous Navy Guernsey for the first time. Be proud.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #37
Wednesday 28 February
SummaryMin 22Max 31Cool change developing.Chance of any rain: 10% 
Melbourne area
Mostly sunny. Winds northerly 30 to 50 km/h shifting west to southwesterly 30 to 50 km/h in the middle of the day before tending southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h at night.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #38
What was Samo's injury jeza?

I think that side is strong, as are our opponents.  My guess is we'll use these couple of games to test run the newbies whilst enabling synergy to develop, and systems to be tested. I'm not worried about w-l so much as assessing and adapting. Bring on r1.....

All the very best of luck to all those donning the famous Navy Guernsey for the first time. Be proud.

Go Blues

Not sure - it was mentioned a few weeks ago that he was on restricted duties. Awesome to see he's named in this team though which looks like our round 1 team to me.

Tough job cutting back the bench from 8 to 4... plus Lang to come back. Real depth.

Is ASOS injured at all? If fit he's a definite starter for me - and in the leadership team.

Of this 8 who drops out?

13. Jed Lamb   7. Matthew Kennedy   4. Lochie O'Brien
1. Jack Silvagni   5. Sam Petrevski-Seton   33. Jarrod Pickett
35. Ed Curnow   25. Zac Fisher

Garlett and Pickett have to play in my opinion. Easy to drop your forward pockets but we can't go through another season with slow forward pockets like Wright, Curnow, Thomas, etc.

Ed Curnow may struggle to get a game round 1. Jed Lamb? O'Brien? With Lang and ASOS fit you may have to drop 6 from this team. Really hard to do.

Reply #39
Wednesday 28 February
SummaryMin 22Max 31Cool change developing.Chance of any rain: 10% 
Melbourne area
Mostly sunny. Winds northerly 30 to 50 km/h shifting west to southwesterly 30 to 50 km/h in the middle of the day before tending southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h at night.

Can confirm - very windy today.

Reply #40

Ed Curnow may struggle to get a game round 1. Jed Lamb? O'Brien? With Lang and ASOS fit you may have to drop 6 from this team. Really hard to do.

Ed Curnow will be one of the first selections if he is fit.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #41
Ed Curnow will be one of the first selections if he is fit.

Agree.....you need some good Indians to supplement your Chiefs and Ed is a role model and leader at the club....

Reply #42
Of this 8 who drops out?

13. Jed Lamb   7. Matthew Kennedy   4. Lochie O'Brien
1. Jack Silvagni   5. Sam Petrevski-Seton   33. Jarrod Pickett
35. Ed Curnow   25. Zac Fisher

This is where I think Dale Thomas is in trouble unless his output lifts significantly.

Of the 8, Curnow and SPS are definites, no question.

Who misses out, noting Willo also needs to be in the mix? And Doc again down the track....

Of the listed 18, Mullet, Byrne, Thomas you'd think are on the fringe, so go into the maybe pool.

Is there a need for SoJ with Levi, Harry and Charlie up forward? Does SoJ get a game ahead of Garlett (or Pickett for that matter), both of whom offer speed and more versatility?

I think he'll have to show serious form in the 2s.

Matt Kennedy you'd think is needed to give Crippa some physicality in the guts so he's an in in my book.

Ditto Fisher as an inside/outside type who can run, carry and deliver with skill.

Then there's O'Brien who also gives great outside run and wicked leftie foot skills. But the young fella is unlikely to get a gig ahead of Fisher, Pickett or Garlett at this stage imo.

You'd have to think Lamb will need to fight for a spot through the twos.

As Bolts has said, form will dictate selection.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #43
Ditto Fisher as an inside/outside type who can run, carry and deliver with skill.

My mail is Fisher is struggling a bit with 2nd year blues, despite some of the recent player interviews that suggest he is flying.

1st year players get as close to a golden run as is possible in the AFL, opponents and team-mates just haven't seen enough of them yet. But by their 2nd year it's all documented and recorded, your tricks are out of the bag and they know your weakness. Even your own coaches word up team-mates on what to do to push your training so you get better or fail.

I've had a chat with a couple of past AFL players, guys on the fringe, and they have both mentioned how brutal your own team-mates can be at training. They put you to the sword to make sure when you're out there standing side by side you won't fold. Nobody wants to do the work and be let down by one of their own, it's the most team deflating thing that can happen. The amount of competition and pressure coming from within a club is a shock to new AFL recruits.

But it's not a surprise if true, there is a lot of work to be done in your 2nd pre-season, strength and weight gains are a must, addressing shortcomings in your own game, learning tactics to deal with the increased opposition scrutiny in your 2nd season. It's so common for kids to stall as they get the long term stuff in place.

Add to that Fisher's natural advantage was his speed and skills, but we've picked up a bunch of fast inside types over the last pre-season giving him some significant competition for a spot.

But I have no doubt if he can remain durable he'll be a long term player.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
2nd year blues in February?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!