Skip to main content
Topic: The Man they call Samo... (Read 5154 times) previous topic - next topic

The Man they call Samo...

Lest we forget how good this bloke is - and will be....

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/new-blue-sam-petrevskiseton-more-talented-than-jesse-hogan-wa-football-boss-20170322-gv41nc.html

Darcy Coffey, head of football at WAFL club Claremont, first saw Petrevski-Seton play as a 13-year-old in Hall's Creek, 700 kilometres east of Broome.

"I thought he was about 16 because he was playing with blokes much older and dominating," Coffey told Fairfax Media.

"He's clean, he's like a liquid the way he moves across the ground."

Petrevski-Seton spent the first three years of his life on the cattle station where his father worked, around 300km away from Hall's Creek; where his Mum is from.

Hall's Creek – in far north-east WA – has a population of just over 1200.

But even with 60 times that number expected to pack into the MCG on Thursday night, Coffey is adamant Petrevski-Seton won't be overwhelmed.

"That's part of the reason why he looks so comfortable – nothing seems to faze him.
"When you're coming from a place like Hall's Creek, playing in front of a few people doesn't register I don't think."

Coffey, who's been at Claremont for six seasons, has seen some prodigious talent come through. But none better than Petrevski-Seton.

"And we've had a few good ones; (Gold Coast's) Jack Martin and Jesse Hogan, but as a youth age kid, he's the best one I've seen come through.

"[glow=red,2,300]Time stands still, his skills are exceptional. Even if you ask him which foot he kicks with, I don't reckon he could tell you[/glow]."

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2016-11-25/sam-petrevskiseton-highlights-pick-6

RECRUITERS recall leaving the Gold Coast two years ago for the NAB AFL Under-16 Championships in awe of some of the things Sam Petrevski-Seton had shown.

The West Australian prospect was clearly the best player across the week of games, dominating for his state and being named the carnival's standout prospect.

Petrevski-Seton, obviously, has been on the radar for some time as a likely early choice. He played for the West Australian under-18 side last year as a bottom-ager and won All Australian honours and also represented Claremont's senior side at WAFL level.

This year had its challenges for Petrevski-Seton, as he battled a hamstring injury through the middle of the year that ruled him out of half the under-18 championships. But he finished his campaign strongly in the NAB All Stars game with 23 disposals, six clearances and eight tackles in one of the better performances of his season.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-20/tomorrows-heroes-sam-petrevskiseton-the-elusive-mid-who-loves-to-tackle

God bless you Samo (and may you play 300 games for the mighty Blues)  8)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Re: The Man they call Samo...

Reply #1
Midfield in years to come of Crippa, Kennedy, Dow, SPS, O'Brien, Lang, Charlie C, Fisher, Cuners, Pickett, Garlett and Polson.

Throw in a Kelly and/or a Wines and we're close to set?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2
Midfield in years to come of Crippa, Kennedy, Dow, SPS, O'Brien, Lang, Charlie C, Fisher, Cuners, Pickett, Garlett and Polson.

Can't have charlie in the mids, he's supposed to kick all our goals

Reply #3
Can't have charlie in the mids, he's supposed to kick all our goals

Why would you play your best mark as a midfielder?

Charlie will provide value as a marking target up the ground but his best work will be forward of centre.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
No question, but as a cameo mid wtfn?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #5
Why would you play your best mark as a midfielder?

Charlie will provide value as a marking target up the ground but his best work will be forward of centre.

Flyboy tries to tell me our forwardline will be ok because it has Charlie Curnow in it.
Flyboy tries to tell me our midfield will be ok because it has Charlie Curnow in it.

Just questioning that logic as i think we are lacking in both areas and even if we had 2 Curnowfides, its still not enough.

Reply #6

Not convinced on Cuners or Polson just yet.

Reply #7
Agree Navy, Cuners has shown patches. Polson not much at all yet really.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #8
After today, I just can't see Polson making it as an inside/center square type mid, he definitely has potential as winger/ hff type role though.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #9
After today, I just can't see Polson making it as an inside/center square type mid, he definitely has potential as winger/ hff type role though.

A few things, this being one of them, will become clearer in the first half of the season imo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
Not convinced on Cuners or Polson just yet.

Likewise. Cuningham still goes missing (yes, to be fair it's very early days) and, personally, Polson needs real tricks to compensate for his size. Murph is a similar size but has sublime skills.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
I dont mind Cuningham and reckon he will be a good player, he has pace, kicks goals and can find the footy allebit when he feels like it....Polson needs opportunity like the other young kids, yep he is small but I think worth preserving with as a replacement for Murphy....

Reply #12
I'm curious.

We often say X is slow or Y is quick or whatever, so where does Murphy sit?

Is he quick? Would he be faster than (for example) Crippa over 20m?

And let's not forget if you are a good or great reader of the play eg anticipation - that easily offsets the 0.2 or 0.5 seconds slowness over 20m.....

Great players always have time/space, irrspective of their leg speed.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #13
Why are 2nd year players like Polson being written off in any way shape or form?
At best, yes they need to be questioned if they are a mid and can't start to crack a few games by the end of their 2nd year when their contracts are expiring.

But after 1 season and before their 2nd season even starts?
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL